IGNORED

New Dashboard out today

HammR25

Frankly, I liked the first dashboard better than the second or this new one. It had less graphical junk and more speed, like the ps3's media thing. They just keep getting more bulky and IMO ugly.

At least this one is cleaner than the last one. In fact, I find it to be much more like the XMB...no 3d stuff, just up/down/left/right. With the original dash it was hard to find stuff IMHO...but my memory of how it worked is fuzzy...that's just how I remember it now :)

It's a bit flatter cosmetically, but I noticed that it doesn't take 20 minutes to hook up to a source to stream MP3s. Of course, I just upgraded PS3mediaplayer on my Linux box to the latest version. This latest version has this unique feature: It works again. 1.10 crapped out on me for no reason. Now it serves up music nice & fast.

Well three dashboard updates since it first came out, makes you wonder how good the fist one was designed. I still don't like it to much. Settings are hidden in strange places, i still haven't been able to change the password for messenger. I changed it on my pc, but i'm can't get it right on the xbox360.

Well three dashboard updates since it first came out, makes you wonder how good the fist one was designed. I still don't like it to much. Settings are hidden in strange places, i still haven't been able to change the password for messenger. I changed it on my pc, but i'm can't get it right on the xbox360.

Have you tried deleting that messenger account from your 360 and re-adding it with the new password?

Have you tried deleting that messenger account from your 360 and re-adding it with the new password?

and where might that be. been trying to figure out how to reset the password to see if it solves my issue.

before the update i used messenger a bit to talk with a few friends (when their other half was hogging the xbox for netflix) after the update i get a error when i try to log in. now when i try to log into xbox.com or msn.com it says that my account has temporary been blocked but yet i can still log in on those sites. msn messenger on my PC works just fine.

Yeah, I got mine back. I don't really notice it working any differently, just the boxe3s are actually square now and don't zoom in and out like the last one (just side to side/up down) And their fuggly and white...where's the graphic stuff? Maybe I'll turn my dark wallpaper off or something, it wouldn't suck as much then.

Personally, if I was given an option, I would like the dash from the first Xbox, you couldn't get more simple than that. The dash on the 360 has always been about pushing a crap load of features that I'll never use in my face at every opportunity.

Why don't all the different options have "hide this channel" like the welcome one does? That would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Personally, if I was given an option, I would like the dash from the first Xbox, you couldn't get more simple than that. The dash on the 360 has always been about pushing a crap load of features that I'll never use in my face at every opportunity.

I don't mind the newer dashboard(s) (I've finally gotten used to them), but yeah, I still prefer the original "blades" myself. Navigating places was quicker because it wasn't a convoluted mess, it looked sleek, and it was just.. nice. It would have been cool of MS to give us a choice on that..

We'll that is the problem, i only find a option to change my password or to change my account to a new email address. Where do i delete the old messenger account? It would be easier if ms would just give a popup box when logging in failed, where i can adjust the setting.

We'll that is the problem, i only find a option to change my password or to change my account to a new email address. Where do i delete the old messenger account? It would be easier if ms would just give a popup box when logging in failed, where i can adjust the setting.

i would get ahold of MS and tell them whats up, i am about to do the same.