IGNORED

Spartados 180K Image to 130K (1050 drive)

From this forum I have the Atari User Magazines' Game disks as Spartados 3.2g images (180K) I want to get these onto my 1050 as enhanced density (130K) via APE.

I have no clue how to use Spartados apart from the dir command :!: I need to be able to format 130K images and transfer files - to create two disks for each one before disk copying down to the 1050.

How do I do this :?:

:)

Should be a XINIT program, if I recall correctly to format the disks and you can COPY D1:*.* D2:*.* I believe. Not used Spartados in a long time, so I might be off. Think there was a copy utility too, try typing MENU maybe???

Correct... XINIT.COM to format and use the copy command provided above. I would not mess with menu as some versions of it did not work correctly.

Tried xinit.com using altirra (disks mounted as r/w!) but get this:

post-19705-128912913615_thumb.pngpost-19705-128912914269_thumb.png

Think have tried options 1 & 5 with additional option 3 for 1050 double density - am not sure which I should use, but both give the error :?: Tried X32G and X32F options from 3.2g disk. I tried to use an existing DOS2.5 1050 / 130K ATR as the destination disk image.

I'm not attached to Spartados so if Spartados disks are DOS2.5 (or Mydos) compatible then can I transfer the files using a DOS boot disk :?:

Hmm, I just tried in Altirra and Atari800MacX.

In Atari800MacX I create a new blank medium density 130Kb atr and mount it in drive 2. I can the format this with xinit from Sparta 3.2g without problems.

In altirra I create a new medium density image, save it but it will not format with xinit. I can format it as a DOS 2 volume when booted from a DOS 2.5 disk but Sparta 2.3g returns error 8B which I think is device did not respond?

Strange.

SpartaDOS disks are not DOS 2 compatible although Sparta can read and write to DOS 2.x volumes.

Edited by spookt

Tried xinit.com using altirra (disks mounted as r/w!) but get this:

Think have tried options 1 & 5 with additional option 3 for 1050 double density - am not sure which I should use, but both give the error icon_question.gif Tried X32G and X32F options from 3.2g disk. I tried to use an existing DOS2.5 1050 / 130K ATR as the destination disk image.

I'm not attached to Spartados so if Spartados disks are DOS2.5 (or Mydos) compatible then can I transfer the files using a DOS boot disk icon_question.gif

Option 5 in the example is for Double Sided 40 tracks. The 1050 does not support is mode.. SpartaDOS can write to a DOS 2.X and MYDOS disk. So you would need to have a blank formated DOS disk in #2 and boot with Sparta disk and copy files from #1 to #2

Tried using Altirra and Atari800win+4.0 managed to get the latter to format but both kept saying file exists when copying so I gave up and copied down Spartados 3.2G to a real floppy. Have then managed to format a real disk and transfer the files using APE.

Spartados question: when at the D1: prompt can you return to BASIC :?: I've worked out ERASE, DIR and COPY. If I type BASIC it says Parameter Error ;)