IGNORED

7800XM1 - Project Update

Curt Vendel

It's the little things like Opcode finding out that Kong and Pauline have a voice- seriously, there are code and samples embedded within the arcade Kong ROMs! Somehow the implementation is buggy and wasn't fixed before release or was abandoned, so you don't hear them! He's planning on making it accessible or using it in game in his upcoming conversion.Can't wait to hear! :o)

That's a cool find!

Hang tight, one of the Coders involved in the 7800 XM project has also been helping with some of the logic design as well, he goes by the name Opcode and he has been working on a Colecovision Expansion Module. Once I finish with the 7800XM, I promised him I would design a Coleco-centric case design for his expansion module that will compliment and fit with the CV...

I have a few more things planned for the 7800 in spring 2011 and then I plan on a few smaller, but still exciting products for the 5200 as well.

Curt

I am just curious if you pondered on some product for the A8 computer? Any speculation as to the interest it would generate? I'm just guessing that there'd be more A8 computer users than either 7800 or 5200 users, esp. if you include the droves of users and interest in Europe. Just curious.

I am focused on the 7800 right now, but have had a specific 5200 project I've wanted to do for a while they I want to do this spring/summer...

I still have the 1200XL top case replacement project that I'm going to follow through on, so that is the only thing on the A8's I will commit to right now after the 7800 enhancements are released in the spring/summer...

Curt

Hang tight, one of the Coders involved in the 7800 XM project has also been helping with some of the logic design as well, he goes by the name Opcode and he has been working on a Colecovision Expansion Module. Once I finish with the 7800XM, I promised him I would design a Coleco-centric case design for his expansion module that will compliment and fit with the CV...

I have a few more things planned for the 7800 in spring 2011 and then I plan on a few smaller, but still exciting products for the 5200 as well.

Curt

I am just curious if you pondered on some product for the A8 computer? Any speculation as to the interest it would generate? I'm just guessing that there'd be more A8 computer users than either 7800 or 5200 users, esp. if you include the droves of users and interest in Europe. Just curious.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold the presses, is this for real? There are voices embedded in DK?!?!? I've never heard about this before...

The bug has definitely reclaimed me. :)

About a year ago, I was laid off from my job and our family had to rearrange our finances considerably, as my wife became our only source of income (neither of us are large wage-earners), so I sold off all of my gaming systems, including my 7800 - I even gave away my CC2 to one of our intrepid coders, here, hoping he might find it useful. Now, more steady upon our feet, I have regrets. :) This and Opcodes projects, among a few others are the glue that keeps me sticking to/ returning to the hobby. I'm not likely to collect as much of the brica-brak as I was before, but with enhancements like these for the A7800 and Coleco, along with the mult-carts, the flash-carts it's difficult not to get re-enthused and return to my old habits. I'm slowly rebuilding. If I get the urge to purchase a game or paraphernalia , it tends to more likely edge towards the work of homebrewers and developers, their lifeblood being the root of new life in the community, being what inspires my gaming rebirth, as well.

It's the little things like Opcode finding out that Kong and Pauline have a voice- seriously, there are code and samples embedded within the arcade Kong ROMs! Somehow the implementation is buggy and wasn't fixed before release or was abandoned, so you don't hear them! He's planning on making it accessible or using it in game in his upcoming conversion.Can't wait to hear! :o)

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold the presses, is this for real? There are voices embedded in DK?!?!? I've never heard about this before...

Yeah, he brought it up on his development blog. There are some nice YT videos of his wip; game is shaping up pretty nicely. :)

http://opcodegames.com/?p=32