IGNORED

Dragon's Lair on PSN

cimerians

One last question: Did you play Dragon's Lair 3D: Return to the Lair? If so, how was it?

I've played it on the Xbox years ago. I remember it was a game where you had free movement, and the game gorgeous cell shaded graphics that looked like you were indeed controlling a cartoon, unlike the original where you just pushed a direction or a button every few seconds. This game looks fantastic for sure, and like the original game play leaves something to be desired at least in my book. The game is HUGE there are a lot more scenes in this game than then you'll find in Dragons Lair, and while movement is free, the scenes are very linear and from what I recall you have to start back at the beginning of the scene if you die. The 3-D aspect of the game makes dying VERY easy. Jumping over expanses is particular, you will die often, and you will start over. I guess that is like the original. Try, and die, and try again.

Me, I got frustrated and gave up eventually. It sits on the shelf now waiting for me to give it another go.

I would still recommend it if you're a Dragons Lair fan. Especially since it can now probably be found pretty cheap.

One last question: Did you play Dragon's Lair 3D: Return to the Lair? If so, how was it?

I've played it on the Xbox years ago. I remember it was a game where you had free movement, and the game gorgeous cell shaded graphics that looked like you were indeed controlling a cartoon, unlike the original where you just pushed a direction or a button every few seconds. This game looks fantastic for sure, and like the original game play leaves something to be desired at least in my book. The game is HUGE there are a lot more scenes in this game than then you'll find in Dragons Lair, and while movement is free, the scenes are very linear and from what I recall you have to start back at the beginning of the scene if you die. The 3-D aspect of the game makes dying VERY easy. Jumping over expanses is particular, you will die often, and you will start over. I guess that is like the original. Try, and die, and try again.

Me, I got frustrated and gave up eventually. It sits on the shelf now waiting for me to give it another go.

I would still recommend it if you're a Dragons Lair fan. Especially since it can now probably be found pretty cheap.

I completely agree with what Moycon says. I got about halfway through the game and I liked it but pretty much gave up after dying and restarting all the time. I had the Xbox version.

Pro:

- Good game only if your a fan.

- Lots of places to explore and freedom of movement.

Cons:

- Frustrating. The controls were awkward for the most part. Jumping and if I remember Dirk was slow (I had to constantly hold RUN down)

- Graphics are good but will look dated and rather plain and ordinary today. (Not much detail)

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...