IGNORED

HSC7 Game 19: Donkey Kong

therealbountybob

It's been w hile since I competed here.

Still is by the looks of it :P no seriously welcome back 4Ks and a few others :thumbsup:

Still a few days left to go in the November Bonus Round & voting open for the next game :)

mini table

1st atariksi 151,900 12pts

2nd divya16 132,400 11pts

3rd therealbountybob 88,600 10pts

4th fres 86,700 9pts

5th chuckwalla 81,200 8pts

6th gwobby 61,100 7pts

7th atariron82 46,200 6pts

8th mister VCS 41,400 5pts

9th goochman 37,700 4pts

10th roadrunner 29,900 3pts

11th sloopy 29,000 2pts

12th 4Ks 16,500 1pt

13th mopchop 10,500 1pt

14th travlar 1,900 1pt

Level 1 bonus

1st therealbountybob 12,600 3pts

2nd divya16 12,100 2pts

3rd atariksi 12,000 1pt

4th gwobby 9,700

Screen 1 bonus

1st atariksi 100 2pts

1st divya16 100 2pts

2nd therealbountybob 200 1pt

any corrections please post ;)

Yeah, and it's not worth getting those bonus gifts since that would increase your chances of losing a Mario especially at higher levels. There's only 4 Marios maximum in the game so I guess you meant multiple games when you say you lost "5 Marios".

Aren't you meant to be recovering Pauline's things :D I go for the bonuses most times, don't want the game to psyche you out into a quivering wreck hiding behind the buring tar barrel to keep warm :ponder:

p.s. Sloopy I make that 10th... just :P

The way I look at it, the time it takes to get the prize has to be worth it. In level 2 for example, you can finish the level in 6 ticks off the bonus and if you go for the prizes you end up losing more ticks off the bonus than they are worth. And you also risk losing a Mario on the prize all the way at the right.

Well, here's my latest scores: 167,400 and 12,700 in level 1. Believe it or not I lost men on the easiest screen on this one-- I ran into a flame with a hammer and then tried to get by a flame and it just caught me.

post-12094-129096961958_thumb.jpg

Aren't you meant to be recovering Pauline's things :D I go for the bonuses most times, don't want the game to psyche you out into a quivering wreck hiding behind the buring tar barrel to keep warm :ponder:

The way I look at it, the time it takes to get the prize has to be worth it. In level 2 for example, you can finish the level in 6 ticks off the bonus and if you go for the prizes you end up losing more ticks off the bonus than they are worth. And you also risk losing a Mario on the prize all the way at the right.

Well, here's my latest scores: 167,400 and 12,700 in level 1. Believe it or not I lost men on the easiest screen on this one-- I ran into a flame with a hammer and then tried to get by a flame and it just caught me.

Poor Pauline, she won't be pleased ;)

Drat, I managed 12,600 again :|

Cracked 100K... just! 105,700 (level 5) :)

post-19705-12909711653_thumb.jpg

Poor Pauline, she won't be pleased ;)

Drat, I managed 12,600 again :|

Cracked 100K... just 105,700 (level 5) :)

post-19705-12909711653_thumb.jpg

For the last screen on each level, you can try to go for all the prizes. Pauline is going to get kidnapped again anyway until the last screen when the Kong falls and breaks his head and you try on a harder level. Those level 5 and 6 barrel screens can be killers. I can sometimes not even make it to the first climbable ladder thanks to combinations of barrels that are unjumpable especially with the flame coming behind you.

Yeah, and it's not worth getting those bonus gifts since that would increase your chances of losing a Mario especially at higher levels. There's only 4 Marios maximum in the game so I guess you meant multiple games when you say you lost "5 Marios".

It was 4, though I didn't know that was max. I thought there might be a bonus mario at 60k or some higher score. If I was going for a total it's more like 20+ marios lost at that screen :?

It was 4, though I didn't know that was max. I thought there might be a bonus mario at 60k or some higher score. If I was going for a total it's more like 20+ marios lost at that screen :?

Marioocide :?: :!:

Still a few hours left to go in the November Bonus Round :!: Voting open for the next game :)

DK table

1st atariksi 167,400 12pts new HSC record :thumbsup:

2nd divya16 132,400 11pts

3rd therealbountybob 122,600 10pts

4th fres 86,700 9pts

5th chuckwalla 81,200 8pts

6th goochman 65,500 7pts

7th Mister VCS 65,400 6pts

8th gwobby 61,100 5pts

9th atariron82 46,200 4pts

10th roadrunner 29,900 3pts

11th sloopy 29,000 2pts

12th 4Ks 18,400 1pt

13th Preppie!! 16,300 1pt

14th mopchop 10,500 1pt

15th travlar 1,900 1pt

Level 1 bonus (first two screens in 1 man - use the hammers!)

1st therealbountybob 13,300 3pts

2nd divya16 12,800 2pts

3rd atariksi 12,700 1pt

4th gwobby 9,700

Screen 1 bonus - shall we drop this one guys :?:

1st atariksi 100 2pts

1st divya16 100 2pts

2nd therealbountybob 200 1pt

any corrections please post ;)

this post is me showing officialninja how to post a score:

i got 47800...

this is my screen shot:

(put a screen shot in here)

and thats it!

sloopy.

:cool:

can I see his ninja license :?: ;)

p.s. atariksi there's no bonus for 1 man high score just level 1 in 1 man - are we happy to drop the low score thing as it didn't really work out (&divya) :?:

i got 47800...

this is my screen shot:

and thats it!

sloopy.

there he just showed it to you... he is a good ninja, and i bet you didnt even see him, just his official credentials floating in air for a second...

sloopy.

i got 47800...

this is my screen shot:

and thats it!

sloopy.

there he just showed it to you... he is a good ninja, and i bet you didnt even see him, just his official credentials floating in air for a second...

sloopy.

HAH! Yes 47800 was my 1st try, no screenshot because I will better that score before its over.... I hope!

ok bounty bob, i got a new HSC player, where is my 10points sign a friend up bonus? :'D

sloopy.

Hmm not a bad idea, tell you what, if a new player plays three games you'll get 10pts

Welcome Official Ninja :thumbsup: Don't worry too much about the screen-shots!

Looks like i'd better do another table :) I's a busy day in the HSC office :D