IGNORED

HSC7 Game 19: Donkey Kong

therealbountybob

/me puts an XEGS in a rabbit snare

best way to catch a ninja... i will make sure he plays 3 rounds atleast... and cool that will be after the new 'season' so i will start off in first place even if i play badly!!!

woohoo!!!

sloopy.

Hot off the press November Bonus Round Final Results !

Voting open for the next game :)

DK table

1st atariksi 176,900 12pts new HSC record :thumbsup:

2nd divya16 132,400 11pts

3rd therealbountybob 122,600 10pts

4th fres 86,700 9pts

5th chuckwalla 81,200 8pts

6th goochman 65,500 7pts

7th Mister VCS 65,400 6pts

8th gwobby 61,100 5pts

9th Official Ninja 47,800 4pts

10th atariron82 46,200 3pts

11th roadrunner 29,900 2pts

12th sloopy 29,000 1pt

13th 4Ks 18,400 1pt

14th Preppie!! 16,300 1pt

15th mopchop 10,500 1pt

16th travlar 1,900 1pt

Level 1 bonus (first two screens in 1 man - use the hammers!)

1st atariksi 13,600 3pts

2nd therealbountybob 13,300 2pts

3rd divya16 12,800 1pt

4th gwobby 9,700

Oh look Sloopy's Ninja friend knocks him down to 1pt on his first go, maybe that 10pt bonus won't be such a good deal :P

lets see how he does at mountain king ;'P

not to mention, i am drinking milk, so today i may be scoring only 29000, but tomorrow i will be scoring alot better!

(note: for non US readers, this is a parody of a tv commercial that used to air several years ago... it basically shows this dorky kid asking this hot girl out, and she says no, and then he drinks milk and she is shown what he looks like in his 20's, and she is all over it...)

sloopy.

lets see how he does at mountain king ;'P

not to mention, i am drinking milk, so today i may be scoring only 29000, but tomorrow i will be scoring alot better!

(note: for non US readers, this is a parody of a tv commercial that used to air several years ago... it basically shows this dorky kid asking this hot girl out, and she says no, and then he drinks milk and she is shown what he looks like in his 20's, and she is all over it...)

sloopy.

I heard some people fast and do better since the energy used in digestion is used for playing the game instead. I'm sure no girl will be all over you for fasting unless she's fat.

Oh, I realized that taking pictures in Donkey Kong with that red colored small font gives blurry numbers so I wait for ATTRACT mode to kick in and take the pictures when the colors are better. I suppose merging luma+composite video using a Y adapter on my 800XL may also help. Any other camera users know any better way to take pictures of a screen, state the hints.

Oh, I realized that taking pictures in Donkey Kong with that red colored small font gives blurry numbers so I wait for ATTRACT mode to kick in and take the pictures when the colors are better. I suppose merging luma+composite video using a Y adapter on my 800XL may also help. Any other camera users know any better way to take pictures of a screen, state the hints.

Atariksi,

Your pictures seem to be suffering from a case of "way-too-much-backgroundlight-itis".

How can we enjoy your other-worldly superhuman scores(like your current DK!), if they are awash in a glare replete with smudged fingerprints and dust patches? :?

So.. hit the lights, turn off the bloody flash, aim square and Snap! It usually works about 99.6% of the time ;) .

Edited by atariron82

Here's the latest scores. The escalators on level 6 have cut off ledges so no short cuts. And that flame doesn't want to go to the top.

Woah 180K+ :thumbsup: , I need to play more... much more... :ponder:

Don't forget to Vote for the next game folks :)

I'm having hard time with those barrel screens in level 5 and even when I passed one of them, the pie screen got me. So I'm still stuck in the 110,000 range. May give it a last go tomorrow (today I guess after I wake up).

Here's the latest scores. The escalators on level 6 have cut off ledges so no short cuts. And that flame doesn't want to go to the top.

Woah 180K+ :thumbsup: , I need to play more... much more... :ponder:

Don't forget to Vote for the next game folks :)

I'm having hard time with those barrel screens in level 5 and even when I passed one of them, the pie screen got me. So I'm still stuck in the 110,000 range. May give it a last go tomorrow (today I guess after I wake up).

yes always play after you wake up ;) I can't even get to level 5 anymore, I waltz through to level 4 and then crumble... mainly into a pie :D my pb is 150K+ and I used to be able to get to level 7, think it's this hammer level 1 bonus business that's upsetting my psyche :?

Atariksi,

Your pictures seem to be suffering from a case of "way-too-much-backgroundlight-itis".

How can we enjoy your other-worldly superhuman scores(like your current DK!), if they are awash in a glare replete with smudged fingerprints and dust patches? :?

So.. hit the lights, turn off the bloody flash, aim square and Snap! It usually works about 99.6% of the time ;) .

Good tactic atariron, try and distract him so he doesn't make it to level8 ;) on second thoughts, atariksi must have the perfect setup for DK playing :ponder:

I've extended Donkey Kong until Thu 9th and have added the next game Pole Positon for you to take a look at :)

DK table

1st atariksi 185,500 12pts new HSC record :thumbsup:

2nd divya16 132,400 11pts

3rd therealbountybob 122,600 10pts

4th fres 86,700 9pts

5th chuckwalla 81,200 8pts

6th Official Ninja 67,900 7pts

7th goochman 65,500 6pts

8th Mister VCS 65,400 5pts

9th gwobby 61,100 4pts

10th atariron82 46,200 3pts

11th 4Ks 43,000 2pts

12th roadrunner 29,900 1pt

13th sloopy 29,000 1pt

14th Preppie!! 16,300 1pt

15th mopchop 10,500 1pt

16th travlar 1,900 1pt

Level 1 bonus (first two screens in 1 man - use the hammers!)

1st atariksi 13,700 3pts

2nd therealbountybob 13,300 2pts

3rd divya16 12,800 1pt

4th 4ks 12,000

5th gwobby 9,700

New final score: 62,700.

Now I'll try to spend some time on screens one and two and do a little better there. I'm quite used to rushing through, from the arcade days, trying to get the timer points. I never thought about spending time on a screen and getting lots of jump points (like from the fireballs for instance) until years later when I saw someone racking up a lot of points on a blue sceen by jumping up and down next to the fireballs. I thought that seemed like cheating to me, but then I saw it used in a video for Twin Galaxies. I think I'd get bored doing that, however. Does anyone here do that? I saw it mentioned in the 7800 forums one time, and on a you tube video of 7800 play as well. I prefer to rush through and get the timer points . . . Is there an echo in here? Sorry, I repeat myself. :)

Edited by littleman jack

I tried again, this time not trying to do anything special on the first level, and I scored 10,300

(only used a hammer once, on the fireballs). I seem to do better when I race through as fast as possible.

It's hard to break old habits I guess. :)

It's a balance of hammer time vs bonus time... I go go for both hammers on screen 1 and either 1 or 2 on screen 2. On screen 2 the fireballs seemed to be developing survival tactics as they quickly skiddadle (spell check please) once you unleash the hammer ;)

It's tough to jump the fireballs so if you want to go for that as a tactic give it a try too :thumbsup:

Well I just thrashed my p.b. atariksi you'll love this:

post-19705-129149138644_thumb.jpg

1 :x 8 :x 5 :x 4 :x 0 :x 0 :x

therealbountybob has gone to thrash himself with a tree branch ;)

Not bad. I got to escalator screen in level 6 a few times but timing has to be just right to pass that flame. However, I get there with last man so I can't play around with it or practice it. Here's what it looks like and I got 195,200 but personal best is 265K as I have gotten past this a long time ago.

post-12094-129152219022_thumb.jpg

post-12094-129152219857_thumb.jpg

post-12094-12915222091_thumb.jpg