IGNORED

Lord of the Rings: Journey to Rivendell question(s)

Fujifruit

Lord of the Rings is a popular franchise and guard the IP heavily.

Then again so is pacman...

That's a good point... The only reason I can think of is that non-video game licenses are handled differently.

Pac man also had a tv show... We also had the Lotr hacked version of Dark wizard.

Taking a look at the game again its its pretty advanced

Day to night system

Counts the numbers of days

Map

Awesome graphics

Edited by Fujifruit

LotR also uses an obscure type of bankswitching, though I suspect it could be converted to a more standard one if it hasn't been already. This shouldn't be an issue now though with the Melody board.

You hit the nail right on the head in regards to converting the bankswitching scheme to a more standard method. Also the title "could" easily be changed to something else that still keeps with the LOTR theme but would avoid the IP problems.

LotR also uses an obscure type of bankswitching, though I suspect it could be converted to a more standard one if it hasn't been already. This shouldn't be an issue now though with the Melody board.

You hit the nail right on the head in regards to converting the bankswitching scheme to a more standard method. Also the title "could" easily be changed to something else that still keeps with the LOTR theme but would avoid the IP problems.

"One ring" "The quest for the rings" < Joking

I can't think of any other names.

"One ring" "The quest for the rings" < Joking

I can't think of any other names.

How about "Overlord of the Finger Jewelry"

...or "Sojourn to River Dale"? :D

Somebody else did make another The Lord of the Rings homebrew game. I haven't heard of the Tolkien estate beating down Atariage's door to take down that homebrew.

I tried to find a copy of that =/ no luck :P.

Would anyone mind if I made a support list to get this in the atariage store? :V along with a new name?

@above I like "Sojourn to River Dale"

God I love those "Dark riders" on the box. Strangely I forgot the names!

Edited by Fujifruit

Damn :L

Guess I'll make my own box for it. The image on the box is from the animated film, right?

The Lord of the Rings: Journey to Rivendell (2600; Parker Bros.; 1983) - This game licensed both the film and the books; in the Parker Bros. catalog, credits go to Saul Zaentz (film rights) and Elan Merchandising (book rights). The font of the title on the splash screen of the game is identical to that of the 1978 Bakshi film. Prototype box features artwork from Bakshi film. Since the game has been found in completed form, the dispute with ownership rights may have played at significant part in it not being publicly released.

Damn :L

Guess I'll make my own box for it. The image on the box is from the animated film, right?

The Lord of the Rings: Journey to Rivendell (2600; Parker Bros.; 1983) - This game licensed both the film and the books; in the Parker Bros. catalog, credits go to Saul Zaentz (film rights) and Elan Merchandising (book rights). The font of the title on the splash screen of the game is identical to that of the 1978 Bakshi film. Prototype box features artwork from Bakshi film. Since the game has been found in completed form, the dispute with ownership rights may have played at significant part in it not being publicly released.

Like someone had said before would it be alright if the name was changed?