IGNORED

My first song for FALCON 030 :)

yerzmyey

OK, finally I made my very first song for Falcon 030 (16Mhz, 4Mb RAM) in the Digital Home Studio editor.

http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/YERZMYEY-Amai.mp3

10 channels (actually a bit too many for 16Mhz CPU, so it went to a bit lower quality in 14th position. Then I got it back to start and recorded all in the one quality, without any "clicks" while the quality-change appeares).

Work with the Home Digital Studio isn't bad however sometimes the program can be not very stable.

For standard Falcon owners - probably the most safe number of used channels would be max. 9.

• Like 1

OK, finally I made my very first song for Falcon 030 (16Mhz, 4Mb RAM) in the Digital Home Studio editor.

10 channels (actually a bit too many for 16Mhz CPU, so it went to a bit lower quality in 14th position. Then I got it back to start and recorded all in the one quality, without any "clicks" while the quality-change appeares).

Work with the Home Digital Studio isn't bad however sometimes the program can be not very stable.

For standard Falcon owners - probably the most safe number of used channels would be max. 9.

Very cool. Nice song.

tj

TOTALLY AWESOME!!! This was way beyond my expectations while downloading, which was out of sheer curiosity.

I don't know anything about the Falcon. So you did this with the built-in sound hardware? The DSP??? Wow, they were building that thing for the music market then, eh? (Where they had a foothold already)

All:

thanx a lot guyz, I'm glad You dig the music. ;)

Doctorclu:

>Any other links to ST/Falcon made songs I would like to hear (by you and other users). This got me in the mood.

----------

As for me, there is a site

http://ym-digital.i-demo.pl/

with MP3 recordings of similar style of music (but in 4 channels) made on Ataris 520.

wood_jl:

>I don't know anything about the Falcon. So you did this with the built-in sound hardware? The DSP??? Wow, they were building that thing for the music market then, eh? (Where they had a foothold already)

-----------

Well, I don't know much neither, as I bought it relatively lately (plus some time of waiting for fixing the machine - it was broken when I got it) however this song is made only on built-in sound hardware.

It has 16 bit audio output and sound/DMA co-processor (faster then the main CPU but addressing only up to 96Kb, if I recall).

Generating digital multichannel music takes a lot of Falcon's powers, so I made this song in 10 channels (and actually it was a little bit over standard F030 possibilities).

Yes, they designed it mostly for the music market and I'm sure that Falcon with 060 could manage much more and would sound much better. :) But I prefere oldschool. ;)

Again, thanks a lot, guyz.

Just downloaded this - thought it was pretty righteously cool - rock on! :)

Your song is seriously professional. The MP3 sits on my desktop, in plain sight. Every time I sit down at the computer to browse (usually including AtariAge) I double click it and listen through a pair of Bose Mediamates that really do it justice. It just plain rocks. The fact that it was produced on an Atari is just some *serious* icing on the cake.

Bravo. How about another, encore release? I don't know what you do for a living (are you a musician??) but you should be a musician if you're not, and if you are, then you're very good at what you do. Please make more Atari music!!!!!

Edit: You make me want to buy a Falcon, even though I lack the requisite skills to do stuff like make music like this.

Edited by wood_jl