IGNORED

Here's a PacManPlus Project!

VectorGamer

I was reading Electronic Games Magazine the other night (July '83 issue, I believe) and in the article that reviewed BurgerTime the question was asked "what's next - Grandpa Pac-Man?"

Brilliant idea!

So how about Grand-pappy Pac-Man?

You could give Grand-pappy Pac-Man some pruney-looking lips and grey beard and same with the ghosts.

The power pellets are replaced by Tylenol-looking capsules and the fruit replaced with items like prunes.

The big difference in game play occurs when Pappy eats a capsule. When a capsule is eaten, a cane appears at Pappy's side and instead of merely running into the ghosts you have to press the fire button to smash them with your cane. The game speeds up whenever Pappy has a cane and the ghosts scatter to make the game more challenging.

Instead of a kill screen, Pac-Gramps confuses 'brake' & 'accelerate' and smashes into the ghost box, killing everybody instantly.

Now that could be some kind of rare power-up - kind of like the diamond in Mr. Do...maybe Rolaids appears on the screen for a few seconds and when activated it acts like a Smart Bomb killing all ghosts on the screen...maybe even ending the level

Well, someone DID make a freeware game called "Grandpa Pac-Man". Even made the gameplay mechanics reflect his age (trouble handling corners). Sadly, it's a 16-bit Windows application and it's hard to find online now.

I remember seeing a link to that on either the old 'The Pac Page' which used to be hosted on classicgaming.com. The time I had come across it the link was dead and the page hadn't been updated in quite some time. Or maybe it was Reverend Shoeboxes' "The Pac Shrine' ? Must have been made in the mid-90's around the time JROK made his clones (think he posts, here).

Gosh, I feel old.

Well, someone DID make a freeware game called "Grandpa Pac-Man". Even made the gameplay mechanics reflect his age (trouble handling corners). Sadly, it's a 16-bit Windows application and it's hard to find online now.

Is it this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vhbzgSrVFk

<M. Bison> YESSSSSSS!!!!! </M. Bison>

Instead of a kill screen, Pac-Gramps confuses 'brake' & 'accelerate' and smashes into the ghost box, killing everybody instantly.

Now that could be some kind of rare power-up - kind of like the diamond in Mr. Do...maybe Rolaids appears on the screen for a few seconds and when activated it acts like a Smart Bomb killing all ghosts on the screen...maybe even ending the level

Believe me, old people confusing the gas & brake pedals is not rare.

Although I'm not a grandpa, this thread offends me. I have asperin, tylenol, and antacid in my medicine cabinet, and sometimes use an umbrella (sort of like a cane). I've never confused the accelerator for the brake, but I have been involved in a couple of automobile accidents, which were completely accidental, by the way. Also, you may note that many, many grandpas are in their 40's, basically middle-aged. I'm shooting for at least a hundred, myself. The game you're describing should be called Great-great-grand pappy Pac Man. THAT game would be pretty cool! :)

Although I'm not a grandpa, this thread offends me. I have asperin, tylenol, and antacid in my medicine cabinet, and sometimes use an umbrella (sort of like a cane). I've never confused the accelerator for the brake, but I have been involved in a couple of automobile accidents, which were completely accidental, by the way. Also, you may note that many, many grandpas are in their 40's, basically middle-aged. I'm shooting for at least a hundred, myself. The game you're describing should be called Great-great-grand pappy Pac Man. THAT game would be pretty cool! :)

So what you're saying is that you would buy a copy? :) It sounds to me that you would have some valuable input to this game...