IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I got my order of Mission X's today, both boxes are dusty and have squished bottom flaps and impact damage...

Just got mine today. They don't look too bad. I don't notice any dust, but I see that the bottom flaps are a bit squished. It looks as if they were re-shrink-wrapped after the boxes were squashed: the wrapper is too tight and conforms to the reduced surface area of the squished bottom.

They may be brand new, but I don't think they are "factory sealed."

I'll contact the seller too...

-dZ.

P.S. The gatefold box is legit, with no cut-outs in the back at all.

Got mine today. It's in great shape, though it does seem the shrinkwrap is a wee bit tight.

post-35516-0-52937800-1382887656_thumb.jpg

I received a response from the seller. Basically, he says that it came like that from the manufacturer, and the the fact that the shrink-wrap appears to be too tight, depends upon the type of plastic, which in this case shrunk overtime (wtf???).

That if I am not satisfied, I can return them for a refund.

Any suggestions?

That's one of the reasons I would never collect shrinkwrapped items. The shrink will compress over time damaging the item. Not only that, I just still don't see the point to collecting something you can never open. To me it's no different that the stupid grading sites that seal something up forever.

• Like 1

I agree on it (shrink wrap tightening) being very common. I agree with Steve about the importance of controlling environment (temperature and humidity, keep out of sunlight). I would say that if you have any sealed games, check on them at least annually (or whenever you move them to a new place) to see if the wrapping is getting tighter. I have sealed Elektronite/LTO games that are fairly tight, so I'll have to keep an eye on them. Better to open them and keep the boxes nice than to allow a sealed copy to warp.

I also received my Mission X copies. Mild issue with the flaps caving in due to shrink wrap, but overall nice. Here are some pics:

Two Sealed Mission X gatefolds, my existing opened Mission X gatefold, and Burgertime gatefold:

Mattel Gatefolds_01

Pics of the two new sealed copies:

MissionX (sealed copies)_01

MissionX (sealed copies)_02

MissionX (sealed copies)_tops2

MissionX (sealed copies)_bottoms

As far as the service with the seller, he was really nice. I bought 3 games total, one of which had a shipping charge, but he was kind enough to ship all three free......well, sorta. The package came quickly and the games were well packaged in a box with bubble wrap, but they forgot to include my third game :_( I checked the tracking, but all three games had the same tracking #. I sent a message to the seller explaining what happened and asked if they could send the 3rd game. No response yet, but I don't really expect a response until Monday. I'll update on progress, but I'm sure they'll send the 3rd game. No worries :)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

So I know that condition plays a factor and that the Tutankham has the catalog/paperwork included, but is it just me or do the selling prices on these two games seem to be switched?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2513620406971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251362040697&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2513619198411?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251361919841&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That's a cheap SMB and a pricey Tutankham, IMO.

On the other hand, if this is a new trend, I have a Tutankham (CIB, but no catalog) that I'd gladly trade for a CIB SMB :grin:

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

So I know that condition plays a factor and that the Tutankham has the catalog/paperwork included, but is it just me or do the selling prices on these two games seem to be switched?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2513620406971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251362040697&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2513619198411?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251361919841&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That's a cheap SMB and a pricey Tutankham, IMO.

On the other hand, if this is a new trend, I have a Tutankham (CIB, but no catalog) that I'd gladly trade for a CIB SMB :grin:

I noticed these too and, since I already have a Tut with cat (!) and no SMB yet, I welcome this new trend as well! :grin:

As far as the service with the seller, he was really nice. I bought 3 games total, one of which had a shipping charge, but he was kind enough to ship all three free......well, sorta. The package came quickly and the games were well packaged in a box with bubble wrap, but they forgot to include my third game :_( I checked the tracking, but all three games had the same tracking #. I sent a message to the seller explaining what happened and asked if they could send the 3rd game. No response yet, but I don't really expect a response until Monday. I'll update on progress, but I'm sure they'll send the 3rd game. No worries :)

Third game update: Seller responded today and mentioned that the third game was out of stock, so they refunded me for the third game, which was supposed to be a sealed CBS Carnival.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I received my Mission X today, overall not too bad, some "tightening" due to shrinkwrap like you've all had....heck I may "unseal" it someday.....

Great! I just ordered more Intellivision and ColecoVision games from him. He promised to combine shipping.

I received both of mine and one is about perfect and the other is a slightly compressed from the shrinkwrap. You definitely received the worst of what I've seen or heard.

But hey, it could be worse, you could have your browser permanently stuck in the Hover Bovver half cut edition thread ...

Here's just an outstanding deal! :-o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Brand-New-Mattel-Aquarius-Computer-Video-Game-System-VGA-Graded-75-NM-/300919003045?pt=Video_Games&hash=item46102b97a5

Only $1095 for an Aquarius system. Sigh.... Everything this seller gets his greedy little hands on he slaps into a stupid VGA grading case. So sick of people like this. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1