IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

http://www.2600connection.com/faq/controllers/faq_controllers.html

White Keypad Intelivision, Black Keypad Colecovision. Best I could do before bed.

I am wondering if this was vaporware. In doing some research, there were only 2 or 3 images of the white keypad version. One site referred to it as the early press release version. Another showed it in an ad (press release versions often show up here). In all cases, the Clear and Enter buttons were labelled as 'X' (also a sign of pre-release). The strongest case found for this being real was in an official ad which did state "Intellivision", but we've also seen the Intellivoice II in an ad when it really was just a carved wood block.

Not saying it isn't real, just that I couldn't find any solid proof in my own research. I easily could have missed something.

Here's the ad I found.

Yes, the was the Amigia joystick for other systems. I have seen and own a Colecoversion…after they sold the design to Gem. When I figure out how to post photos I will. The GemStick was all off white…and yes it is a beast, but I want it! :twisted: and would trade a copy of a very high priced Parker Brothers game to get one, You game would come with a box and no instructions, I doubt the joystick would have either. LOL I'm a old fart who played this system when I was a 24 year old father. As the chief procurement officer of Intellivision, I remember seeing one. Of course I lived across the street from Atari in Sunnyvale too. I saw a lot of stuff. I was always looking for an edge to try to beat my kids... :-D

Full disclosure: I have fried a lot of brain cells since then…and lose more every day, what I swear was real, may only be a memory implant from my youth that I've make real. There was a MASSIVE computer junk yard store that I picked up a lot of strange stuff at in Sunnyvale across from where the original FRYS was.

Edited by BBWW

LOL, I mean I was the guy responding to Sharkcharmer's requests for more Intellivision Games and Gadgets. It was a cool job. I was the dad and we were both still kids.

Yah to the best of my knowledge I believe this was vapourware. I too have the CV version but I suspect they may have shelved their plans to actually go forward with production of an Intellivision version. If for some reason this is real, well it would go right to the top five Intellivision items that I'm looking to acquire. :)

• Like 1

I am wondering if this was vaporware. In doing some research, there were only 2 or 3 images of the white keypad version. One site referred to it as the early press release version. Another showed it in an ad (press release versions often show up here). In all cases, the Clear and Enter buttons were labelled as 'X' (also a sign of pre-release). The strongest case found for this being real was in an official ad which did state "Intellivision", but we've also seen the Intellivoice II in an ad when it really was just a carved wood block.

Not saying it isn't real, just that I couldn't find any solid proof in my own research. I easily could have missed something.

Just to avoid any possible confusion, the "white keypad" I'm referring to above is the black plastic controller with white keypad buttons (as in the ad). The black plastic controller with black buttons was for the ColecoVision (not pictured). The white plastic "Keypad Gemstick" is a 3rd animal that appears to be for only ColecoVision (pictured in another post).

I found references to the "Keypad Gemstick" but only for the ColecoVision. Here's an image:

I own of of those if anybody needs one….yes GemStick only released it for ColecoVision.

Edited by BBWW

hey all, question. this guy on ebay with all the rare stuff..... gaming generations..... what do u think of these prices? this many rare stuff come along that often? not as long as ive been monitoring so wonderin if i should go for it and spend some rediculous cash or hang on for game lots including them when and wherever that happens?.......scot

hey all, question. this guy on ebay with all the rare stuff..... gaming generations..... what do u think of these prices? this many rare stuff come along that often? not as long as ive been monitoring so wonderin if i should go for it and spend some rediculous cash or hang on for game lots including them when and wherever that happens?.......scot

A link would help.

Jay

ok i got my first few atari 2600 games. i either dont understand the cartridges or theres a problem with my intellivision system changer? 1 activision is totally hollow with the board hangin out like i should think it would be,. that clicks into changer just fine but the other ataris have a plastic insert that slightly moves like on springs but wont go into the changer. almost looks like it should pop out of there but i dont know what im doin. thought that about the 2st one i got but now another identical and ive never owned atari stuff. anyone know what im talkin about?:).......scot

Most of the starting prices aren't bad, but nothing special either. Jetsons is pretty rare. At $99, it's not a bad price. That's what I paid for mine. They can go as high as $150ish.

If I didn't already have Jetsons I would pick that up. If you are collecting it is a good deal. It looks like it is in great shape.

ok i got my first few atari 2600 games. i either dont understand the cartridges or theres a problem with my intellivision system changer? 1 activision is totally hollow with the board hangin out like i should think it would be,. that clicks into changer just fine but the other ataris have a plastic insert that slightly moves like on springs but wont go into the changer. almost looks like it should pop out of there but i dont know what im doin. thought that about the 2st one i got but now another identical and ive never owned atari stuff. anyone know what im talkin about? :).......scot

Your system changer should have two prongs, one on either side of the cart connector. These fit into the openings on the 2600 cart and cause the hinged dust shield to move out of the way as you insert the cart. Check that the prongs aren't missing or bent. It's possible the mechanism inside the cart has gotten messed up somehow - try inserting a screw driver into one of the holes in the cart end and see if you can then move the dust cover with your finger. FYI - That's what you have to do to get access to the connector for cleaning.

Your system changer should have two prongs, one on either side of the cart connector. These fit into the openings on the 2600 cart and cause the hinged dust shield to move out of the way as you insert the cart. Check that the prongs aren't missing or bent. It's possible the mechanism inside the cart has gotten messed up somehow - try inserting a screw driver into one of the holes in the cart end and see if you can then move the dust cover with your finger. FYI - That's what you have to do to get access to the connector for cleaning.

Am I the only one getting turned on by this!? I really need to back off of the gaming for a while :)

Boxed Sylvania system (nonworking, but with a spare standard unit). No paperwork for either system, but several games. Box is a little worn, but looks solid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Intellivision-Console-Systems-Numerous-games-with-Intellivoice-Boxed-/221350086024?pt=Video_Games&hash=item33897e4588

OK i got the atari adapter thing straightened out and now know how they work!:) i put in label forward and that turns out it was backwards and i was afraid to push too hard and takes a little push to get the dust shield out of the way! thanx for the help! hey the more i aquire the more i find some of these almost carboardy overlays? also found glossies of same so im wonderin ARE THOSE the REMAKE ones u guys mentioned one of us made? got championship tennis, bump and jump and motorcross so far i think.?.......scot

• Like 1

OK i got the atari adapter thing straightened out and now know how they work!:) i put in label forward and that turns out it was backwards and i was afraid to push too hard and takes a little push to get the dust shield out of the way! thanx for the help! hey the more i aquire the more i find some of these almost carboardy overlays? also found glossies of same so im wonderin ARE THOSE the REMAKE ones u guys mentioned one of us made? got championship tennis, bump and jump and motorcross so far i think.?.......scot

Most of the cardboardy ones, including the ones that you mentioned, are the originals. Also, with the exception of championship tennis, there are glossy variants of all of those. Just off the top of my head, you will also find Auto Racing and Pinball cardboard variations, both of which have glossy counterparts. Oh, also World Cup Soccer (the sister game to championship tennis) has cardboardy ones.

intvsteve's site: intvfunhouse.com has a lot of good information on overlays. Actually, it has a lot of good information on everything :) The answers you seek, you shall find there ;-)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV