IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Perhaps this will help: I bought some sealed games from Venezuela. Paid on November 23, shipping package registered on December 10 (according to usps.com), no tracking waypoints listed yet (i.e. I only see the registration date), and it has not arrived yet after 6 weeks. Even so, I am not concerned. A lot of people have talked about packages taking 2 or even 3 months and most of the sellers are very understanding.

In short, you can get some great deals out of Venezuela but you will have to have much more patience.

I ordered one game from there a while back took 3 months to arrive, but the issue seems to US custom holding packages from there longer than normal. when my game arrived it arrived with a "friendly" letter from customs that they opened my game for further inspection... it was a sealed game :( . .luckily I didnt pay much.

well does anyone know why all this comes from venezuela? mattell have factories down there and someone bought up all the old inventory or what? HAS someone indeed bought up all existing inventory? the guy hasnt responded yet but will go to town and get him paid anyhoo. hopefully it works out. i get a mint mr basic and sell the rest to buy other goodies!:)......scot

well does anyone know why all this comes from venezuela? mattell have factories down there and someone bought up all the old inventory or what? HAS someone indeed bought up all existing inventory? the guy hasnt responded yet but will go to town and get him paid anyhoo. hopefully it works out. i get a mint mr basic and sell the rest to buy other goodies!:)......scot

You may have some luck here offering your extras here for direct trades. Just a thought.

The way I understood it, during the crash years, gaming companies like Atari and Matell dumped tons of their product in Latin America. Venezeula just seemed to end up with the largest stash of stuff. Plus this stuff was made in SUCH huge ammounts that it's not uncommon to find NOS even today. One of the biggest changes that Nintendo did when they revived the home console market was to sharply control how many copies of a game title were made, which prevented the market from getting over satuated. Too much product was one of (many) reasons for the crash.

ill take a looksee but the shipping even from canada seems exhorbitant or is that a safety net? :)?........scot

Nope, it's not a safety net, it's 24 kg :) I only added 2$ handling for the box.

Edit: Actually, I was going to add international shipping too, but it was like 300$ so I just left it off.

Edited by crade

Shipping from here really sucks. Thats why I do 99 cent auction, so people can take shipping into account with their bids. It depends where you are in the U.S. for this one though, for small packets usually it's the same for all U.S. but this one costs way more to get to the east coast.

Most people hate this joystick. It's just one of the add on's we had in the 80's, so for me I just want one. I doubt it will see much playing time but for some games (Up-Down-Left-Right) it will serve me, I think. Really, all in all the attachable (Clip on) units work better. This however is all from memory. I think I lost the last one with a Snipe. I've seen 3 of these on ebay in the last year. Lost them all. I have a non working unit that I've not tried to troubleshoot yet.

I have the clip ons and think they're pretty dreadful (fairly imprecise). It amazes me that no one could make a decent Intellivision controller with full function, but there you go. The "best" then is still the original Intellivision version and its variations. I really dislike the Intellivision II's controller for obvious reasons...

I have the clip ons and think they're pretty dreadful (fairly imprecise). It amazes me that no one could make a decent Intellivision controller with full function, but there you go. The "best" then is still the original Intellivision version and its variations. I really dislike the Intellivision II's controller for obvious reasons...

I think the reason for this is that Mattel made the mistake of hard-wiring the controllers into the console. I chalk this up to that manufacturers of the time had not learned what were good designs versus bad designs in gaming (I chalk many 1st and 2nd generation console mistakes the same way).

The hardwiring makes it difficult for 3rd parties to make a replacement joystick that is easy for users to install. The Wico achieved this for the original Intellivision this but still required that users take a screwdriver to their Mattel controllers, disassemble them, hopefully not break or lose any parts, and then install the cable into the Wico. This was the best anyone could realistically do.

Yes, the Intellivision II and the Sears Intellivision had plugs (yay!), but they only represented 1/4 of the entire Intellivision market (based on estimates here). However, many potential manufacturers didn't make plug-only joysticks because of the smaller marketshare of the pluggable Intellivisions and because of the the risk of non-plug Intellivision customers returning a joystick ("dur, it no fit and me to lazy to read joystick box words").

i scored this last night.......ebay item 380811968100......so now i got a complete DINER. i didnt catch this the first few times thought it was a locomotion. he man and dreadnaught factor and stuff in there to recoup my cash. the intellivision 3 is missing the top aluminum inset. is there such a thing as an intellivision junk yard to get parts like that? thanx!.......scot