IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I had to do a double take for the sale price of this Congo Bongo... http://www.ebay.com/itm/191250810467?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was watching it and could have sworn that the BIN price was $389, not $989!

Holy sh!t! Congrats to the seller! That's crazy, at least in this day and age. Anyone want to own up to this one? I mean I've overpaid for my fair share of items before but wow!

Holy sh!t! Congrats to the seller! That's crazy, at least in this day and age. Anyone want to own up to this one? I mean I've overpaid for my fair share of items before but wow!

Did it sell! it just says ended by seller. btw where is emilyvision?

They will. The drop will come.

Compared to Atari the Intellivision has a small library and not really any R9 or R10 games. Even Spiker isn't that rare. So a lot of money is being thrown at not so rare games. There are also a few hoarders in the Intellivision market.

I had to do a double take for the sale price of this Congo Bongo... http://www.ebay.com/itm/191250810467?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was watching it and could have sworn that the BIN price was $389, not $989!

That is going to skew the average for a bit.

There is that old phrase: a fool and his money are soon parted.

Congo once went for $1200 a number of years ago when it was thought to be the rarest Inty game. Lately $300 or so would net you a CIB copy

Yeah, I remember really worn copies of Congo being sold for $1,000+

But you can't make a general statement about the Intellivision market from a few excesses. Tutankham also sold once for $1,200 which was crazy.

A few excesses have been corrected. And that is a good thing.

I mean I've overpaid for my fair share of items before but wow!

I paid $99 for my sealed copy of Mattel AD&D. Was the first one that showed up on eBay. Was my worst mispurchase so far.

Also paid $99 for Intv Inc. He-Man which back then several thought was way too much, but looking back I don't regret the purchase.

Separate news: looks like an eBay seller copies photos from my listing of Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey.

My listing (the original): eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3312767545751?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=331276754575&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The copied photos: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1214017380101?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121401738010&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This might be a scammer with a new account or just a newbie who made an innocent mistake. I thought about being extra nice and contacting them first. However, the eBay forums recommend reporting such behavior quickly and 3 out of 4 sellers who tried being nice first basically got an "f u" response (including when this happened to my wife).

Separate news: looks like an eBay seller copies photos from my listing of Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey.

My listing (the original): eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3312767545751?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=331276754575&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The copied photos: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1214017380101?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121401738010&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This might be a scammer with a new account or just a newbie who made an innocent mistake. I thought about being extra nice and contacting them first. However, the eBay forums recommend reporting such behavior quickly and 3 out of 4 sellers who tried being nice first basically got an "f u" response (including when this happened to my wife).

I asked the seller if it was the actual pic or a stock photo and they said that it was a stock photo, but they would be happy to send pics. Probably just new to eBay and haven't figured out the etiquette yet.

Compared to Atari the Intellivision has a small library and not really any R9 or R10 games. Even Spiker isn't that rare. So a lot of money is being thrown at not so rare games. There are also a few hoarders in the Intellivision market.

Hoarders, where?

I asked the seller if it was the actual pic or a stock photo and they said that it was a stock photo, but they would be happy to send pics. Probably just new to eBay and haven't figured out the etiquette yet.

Well, the photos aren't stock. Those are the actual items I am selling.

Hopefully they fix their photos so that buyers know what they are actually getting.