IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

More rare game goodness

Stadium starting at $250

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607645121341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260764512134&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

LF2 starting at $225

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607645116651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260764511665&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

LF1 starting at $225

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508002676681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250800267668&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Also Body Slam, Dig Dug, Tower of Doom, Thunder Castle, etc

Stadium went for $320, Learning Fun 1 went for $338 and Learning Fun 2 went for $406. That game is really starting to move up the price charts recently.:ponder:

Also Body Slam at $125 missing manual, Dig Dug CIB $112 and Tower of Doom CIB $79.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! did you win that Learning fun 2???

Crap...i was going to bid it up to like 450, and ive been watching it and then i put the kids to bed and got back to late!!!! arrgghhh...i guess i will get the next one.icon_mad.gif

Nope. I saw that you had been outbid and I thought I might try to get it for you in the threes but it just kept going so I left it. I bought the Mud Buggies though. :) I think we can find a better one for you anyways.

Ah cool, you got the Mud Buggies?

I got Pole Position and Dig Dug since I needed the complete versions of those.

Did anyone from here snatch up either of the Learning Funs'?

ghsqb you got a great deal on that Pole Position I think. I actually meant to bid on it and forgot, well done! :thumbsup: Solid price on the Dig Dug too, you outbid 3 resellers. :D

Cmart can you tell just by the bogus Ebay ID`s that we can see (ex 0***5) who the bidders are?

I was hopeful of getting the Pole Position and dig Dug at better than usual prices,because I figured that with so many other "bigger fish" out there like LF1 & 2, SMB, ToD and Body Slam, that the attention would be on those and not these other two.

Seller might have made out a little better spreading out his big titles a little.

I'm doing an inventory now, but I have so much stuff it's taking a while. Once I'm done I'll see what I have left that I need...I know Spiker and LF1 and Congo Bongo....beyond that I'm not sure what else I need ATM.

I can recognize Cmart ebay id because he´s on every Intellivision auction ;) and always shows a number.

More rare game goodness

Stadium starting at $250

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607645121341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260764512134&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

LF2 starting at $225

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607645116651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260764511665&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

LF1 starting at $225

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508002676681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250800267668&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Also Body Slam, Dig Dug, Tower of Doom, Thunder Castle, etc

Stadium went for $320, Learning Fun 1 went for $338 and Learning Fun 2 went for $406. That game is really starting to move up the price charts recently.:ponder:

Also Body Slam at $125 missing manual, Dig Dug CIB $112 and Tower of Doom CIB $79.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! did you win that Learning fun 2???

Crap...i was going to bid it up to like 450, and ive been watching it and then i put the kids to bed and got back to late!!!! arrgghhh...i guess i will get the next one.icon_mad.gif

Nope. I saw that you had been outbid and I thought I might try to get it for you in the threes but it just kept going so I left it. I bought the Mud Buggies though. :) I think we can find a better one for you anyways.

Ah cool, you got the Mud Buggies?

I got Pole Position and Dig Dug since I needed the complete versions of those.

Did anyone from here snatch up either of the Learning Funs'?

ghsqb you got a great deal on that Pole Position I think. I actually meant to bid on it and forgot, well done! :thumbsup: Solid price on the Dig Dug too, you outbid 3 resellers. :D

Cmart can you tell just by the bogus Ebay ID`s that we can see (ex 0***5) who the bidders are?

I was hopeful of getting the Pole Position and dig Dug at better than usual prices,because I figured that with so many other "bigger fish" out there like LF1 & 2, SMB, ToD and Body Slam, that the attention would be on those and not these other two.

Seller might have made out a little better spreading out his big titles a little.

I'm doing an inventory now, but I have so much stuff it's taking a while. Once I'm done I'll see what I have left that I need...I know Spiker and LF1 and Congo Bongo....beyond that I'm not sure what else I need ATM.

I can recognize Cmart ebay id because he´s on every Intellivision auction ;) and always shows a number.

:D I clearly have too much time on my hands.

Cmart, maybe we need that trading thread you talked about?

Yah, we kinda hijacked IntellivisionDude's wish list thread, maybe we should make a proper pinned thread.

you make the thread and we will see how popular it gets and then get it pinned. m'kay?

Something cool I bought, look closely at the pics.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2306070040601?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230607004060&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Instructions in a different language?

It has the styrofoam?

Some weird Intellivision catalog under the styrofoam?

Rev for the win! The catalog underneath is really hard to find and very cool (cool if you're running out of INTV stuff to buy I guess :cool: ).

Also the little booklet with the INTV picture on the cover is difficult to find too. What sucks is I could have had this for 29 Euro but one other very determined bidder found it.

I know this seller and you should not bid on this one. He will keep all your money and you will never see the pathc. Please don't bid :roll::roll::D LOL

astromash patch: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2806592646841?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280659264684&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hi . . . just want to let you know that I don't know this guy above, but allow me to say that if you bid and win, not only will I keep all your money, but I guarantee that you'll receive the "pathc" so bid all you want! :cool:

I have other rarities I've collected from my youth - visit this link and see what piques your interest:

eBay Seller: dentenco1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

There's not a lot of info on this stuff online - maybe someone can fill me in on whether you've seen any of this stuff (especially the Intellivoice promo) before?

Cheers,

=diego=

Any more rarities from your youth coming up for sale?

All I will have left is a bunch of brochures, some of which are probably rare. The same guy (a pal on a car website I frequent) who co-opted the last Intellivision Game Club News issue (the Burgertime one) also will be getting the Xonox catalog. As I am away from home for a week, the catalogs will be listed in the auction some other time. I have numerous Intellivision ones, an Imagic one or two, ditto for Activision, ColecoVision, Data Age, and maybe one other brand.

I have an Odyssey2 brochure, but that system was lame. :D

About 12 years ago, I picked up a Vectrex system from a co-worker for $50. That was before I really knew I could get it on eBay, but I probably did well regardless.

(I feel old all of a sudden . . . )

All I will have left is a bunch of brochures, some of which are probably rare. The same guy (a pal on a car website I frequent) who co-opted the last Intellivision Game Club News issue (the Burgertime one) also will be getting the Xonox catalog. As I am away from home for a week, the catalogs will be listed in the auction some other time. I have numerous Intellivision ones, an Imagic one or two, ditto for Activision, ColecoVision, Data Age, and maybe one other brand.

I have an Odyssey2 brochure, but that system was lame. :D

About 12 years ago, I picked up a Vectrex system from a co-worker for $50. That was before I really knew I could get it on eBay, but I probably did well regardless.

(I feel old all of a sudden . . . )

Come back and post here when you list the other ones. (like we wont already know icon_wink.gif)

what are you late 30's ? (like me)

I know this seller and you should not bid on this one. He will keep all your money and you will never see the pathc. Please don't bid :roll::roll::D LOL

astromash patch: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2806592646841?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280659264684&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I discovered I have both the patch and the paperwork. I'm out of this one. Happy bidding. :)

So what's the rarity on this stuff? The magazines seem to be terribly obscure, with little info on them. My friend holds the opinion that the patch may be the sleeper of the bunch, as he feels there couldn't have been so many people who entered the contest and kept the patch without sewing it next to their Billy Squire patch. And the Intellivoice promo letter may be the most obscure of all but it's not as valuable as the rest . . . what do you think?

So what's the rarity on this stuff? The magazines seem to be terribly obscure, with little info on them. My friend holds the opinion that the patch may be the sleeper of the bunch, as he feels there couldn't have been so many people who entered the contest and kept the patch without sewing it next to their Billy Squire patch. And the Intellivoice promo letter may be the most obscure of all but it's not as valuable as the rest . . . what do you think?

i am stealing this from another thread here. AA user DICKNIXONARISEN said this. and it makes alot of sense to me:

=====================================================================

This is recipe for why things are worth money:

Good/beautiful/useful - generally desirable (high demand) + Hard to find (low supply) + publicized (demand) + in great shape (supply modifier; only a given % of supply is desirable)

Things that people think will be collector's items are not usually hard to find because people save them and keep them in nice shape. Things that are garbage are not worth money because they are not "good", they have little utility, beauty, or fun factor. Things that are cool but not well known are not worth money because there is no demand. You understand all this, i'm sure.

Things that will be worth money are either things we do not think of as being valuable (things we throw away that are beautiful or useful, like ephemera such as flyers, posters, etc) or thinks that lose value easily because they are damaged easily. PSX games are packaged (mostly) in brittle jewel cases and put out in the notoriously fragile CD format. They have a high attrition rate as they're easily damaged or thrown away due to having a low perceived value to most people (not old enough to be collectible or new enough to be current). They're not widely collected for. Nobody expected them to be worth money in the future, so they're not usually well-cared for. This is actually the recipe for something to be worth money. If River Raid carts cracked in half easily, the game would be worth a lot more than it is.

Another funny one: sneakers and t-shirts. Nobody expected Nike Air's from the early 90's to appreciate in value, but they fit the criteria. They are beautiful and useful (not to me, hell no, but to many), and they have a high attrition rate. There aren't many older sneakers in good shape. They were used, damaged, and thrown away. The remaining pairs are rare, especially if they were already harder to find because of some specific design or whatever. The same goes for t-shirts of early punk and hardcore bands. These things might have had runs of 100 or 500 shirts, they are beautiful (to some people), were often subjected to some very shirt-unfriendly conditions almost immediately after purchase, and even if they were not moshed to pieces, t-shirts are not naturally long-lasting. Now that the collector or nostalgia factor enters, their extremely limited supply makes them hot items. If you want an original judge or gorilla biscuits t-shirt these things are going well into the hundreds, I imagine there are some fakes out there once that amount of money comes into the picture. Bizarre, but again, it all makes sense if you look at it right. The job is to predict which things will actually be worth more in the future than they are now. VHS, 8-track, Cassette and CD/DVD copies of most items are not worth much money right now; to some the idea of them ever being valuable is laughable. However, these are physically weak formats, prone to failure. Certain titles (that have inherent appeal for whatever reason) will become harder and harder to find in any good shape. They WILL be worth money.

Cars are funny like that... few people look at their own newer car and think of it as a future classic, since it looks boring to them. People in the sixties never imagined their cars would be worth money now, they scoffed, they were wrong, we scoff now, we'll be wrong. Just like hairstyles; you think "how could we have thought those looked good", imagining that what you have on your head is not subject to that same ruling or will not be twenty years later. Then again, storing a car over such a long time comes with a cost unless you have all that space and are willing to wait anyway. Ephemera is the way to go, since it's often free. Any appreciation is a lot of appreciation when you pay 0$ to start. It's easy to store, fun to collect, often fairly obscure. All that needs to happen is for the band to really break, the drug to be banned, the actor to get shot, whatever. As long as most other people don't get the same idea and hold on to it, as long as they throw it away and add value to your copy, and people in the future want it... there you go.

=====================================================