IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Maybe it was one red stripe or no red stripe. Can't remember what the actual variation is, but I did read about a variation.

if you want a no red stripe variant just peel the red sticker off. ;) (at least the ecs keyboard im looking at has a red sticker.) Edited by pimpmaul69

Which game are you talking about?

Spiker. It's not really that rare. Similar rare Atari games cost about $200. And there are more Atari than Intellivision collectors. The only reason why it's so expensive is that the Intellivision library is rather small and there are still enough collectors that want a complete collection to brag about "platinum" status. Expect the price to take a huge nose dive. The game doesn't hold any intrinsic value, totally hyped up.

Spiker. It's not really that rare. Similar rare Atari games cost about $200. And there are more Atari than Intellivision collectors. The only reason why it's so expensive is that the Intellivision library is rather small and there are still enough collectors that want a complete collection to brag about "platinum" status. Expect the price to take a huge nose dive. The game doesn't hold any intrinsic value, totally hyped up.

I'd disagree, I've seen figures from Keith and others there they may be as little as 5000 copies of the game that were sold and even less in the wild. The rarity of the game compared with the rabid Intelivision fan base means it's going to compare a high price for a while. An Atari 2600 collector doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of finishing the library....for a Intelivision collector, with 'only' 125 official releases, it's very possible as long as they have the time and money. I think the same thing could be said about the Colecovision.

And have you actually PLAYED the game? It's quite good. :) One of the best volleyball games made for classic systems, right up there with Kings of the Beach for the NES as among my favorite.

So you combine all those factors together -- rare game, rabid fanbase, needed to finish a complete collection, and a good game -- and it will stay high for a while. You can argue the game perhaps is valued TOO high, but I don't see prices falling on this anytime soon.

At least now if you just want to play the game -- like I did -- it's on the Flashback.

So you combine all those factors together -- rare game, rabid fanbase, needed to finish a complete collection, and a good game -- and it will stay high for a while.

Let's say it's the holy grail of a small subculture. Inside this subculture the social state is defined by having "platinum status". I don't know any other system where the collectors are as much influenced by others than the Intellivision. Also most Intellivision collectors don't collect for other systems so it's really an isolated subculture.

So there are mostly subjective reasons for the high price, objective it's not a rare game.

Edited by Andre81

Andre you couldn't be more wrong. Most intv enthusiasts collect and/or play for many systems. Including me. Perhaps intv is just their favorite.

And spiker price is high for a reason. Its supply and demand. There is obviously not a ton left in the wild.

Andre you couldn't be more wrong. Most intv enthusiasts collect and/or play for many systems. Including me. Perhaps intv is just their favorite.

And spiker price is high for a reason. Its supply and demand. There is obviously not a ton left in the wild.

The most frequent posters in the Intellivision forum don't post in other forums here much nor have I ever seen any Intellivision collection here as part of a large video game collection.

Feel free to prove me wrong. How many in the 125 club have an impressive collection for at least one other system? http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/the-125-club

There are several CIB copies of Spiker for sale every year and that makes it an R7, if you compare it to the 2600. There is no R8, R9 or R10 for the Intellivision. And a R7 doesn't warrant $1,000+

The most frequent posters in the Intellivision forum don't post in other forums here much nor have I ever seen any Intellivision collection here as part of a large video game collection.

Feel free to prove me wrong. How many in the 125 club have an impressive collection for at least one other system? http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/the-125-club

There are several CIB copies of Spiker for sale every year and that makes it an R7, if you compare it to the 2600. There is no R8, R9 or R10 for the Intellivision. And a R7 doesn't warrant $1,000+

me ;) But I bought Spiker when it was at a price of ca. $300.

me ;) But I bought Spiker when it was at a price of ca. $300.

99% of your posts are also in the Intellivision forum. None of you guys really take an external point of view.

The copy hasn't even been listed yet, but the price is already being hyped up. And everyone is waiting for the winner to be celebrated.

The price is not warranted at all. There are way too many copies in collections and still being found.

Andre,

I have a COMPLETE PlayStation1 PAL collection, complete Videopac, most Coleco, nearly all Vectrex, 490 Atari 2600 games, ALL of the beformentioned are BOXED and COMPLETE.

Happy to prove your ridiculous point wrong. What a whining sissy you are...

99% of your posts are also in the Intellivision forum. None of you guys really take an external point of view.

The copy hasn't even been listed yet, but the price is already being hyped up. And everyone is waiting for the winner to be celebrated.

The price is not warranted at all. There are way too many copies in collections and still being found.

The most Intellivision activity is in the AA forum.

For my other collector activities I'm mostly on german forums. Circuit-Board, Forum-64...

I was lucky to had the chance to complete my collection about 10 years ago. I wouldn‘t pay the prices of today for Spiker, Learning Fun I & II and others. But maybe it was even crazier when I sent the money in dollar bills to the seller because there was no paypal back then.

Edited by Intymike