IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Anyway, ren.dhark (Spiker #1) offers international shipping.

mageewagner (Spiker #2) did not accept a bid from me when he/she put a Stadium Mud Buggies on eBay 2 weeks ago, and it seems like he/she has not changed his/her mind.

I'm sorry, but I cheer for ren.dhark...

Any idea why you weren't allowed to bid on mageewgner's stuff? I was once not allowed to bid on an item due to an eBay bug where a seller's setting got flipped (I have purchased from same seller beforehand and after).

Any idea why you weren't allowed to bid on mageewgner's stuff? I was once not allowed to bid on an item due to an eBay bug where a seller's setting got flipped (I have purchased from same seller beforehand and after).

I sent him/her a message via eBay asking if bids from me were accepted and the seller simply replied he/she did not ship out of the USA at that time.

Unfortunatelly it happens often and I always wondered why...

If I had an item that could be sold for a significant amount of money I would accept bids from every country in the world and even beyond

Edited by intellivotion

I sent him/her a message via eBay asking if bids from me were accepted and the seller simply replied he/she did not ship out of the USA at that time.

Unfortunatelly it happens often and I always wondered why...

If I had an item that could be sold for a significant amount of money I would accept bids from every country in the world and even beyond

I'm willing to sell overseas, but I understand someone not wanting to. Two big problems:

1) Shipping to some countries can be a problem, as post services are not good in some country. For example, even I won't ship to Italy. I've heard too many horror stories about things going 'lost'.

2) Even if the buyer gets the item, they can file a claim on EBay/PayPal which doesn't offer any protection for US sellers. At least, it never did in the past. Perhaps that's changed. Either way, you run a much higher risk of selling overseas.

I'm willing to sell overseas, but I understand someone not wanting to. Two big problems:

1) Shipping to some countries can be a problem, as post services are not good in some country. For example, even I won't ship to Italy. I've heard too many horror stories about things going 'lost'.

2) Even if the buyer gets the item, they can file a claim on EBay/PayPal which doesn't offer any protection for US sellers. At least, it never did in the past. Perhaps that's changed. Either way, you run a much higher risk of selling overseas.

I buy overseas since 2002 and It never happened to me not to receive a parcel (I mean at least 200-250 parcels...), except once in 2003 (trying to purchase Star Wars: TESB), but a couple of American friends informed me that the seller was a famous cheat on eBay (from Michigan, I think) who used different ID's. I think the seller was a woman. The account she used when I tried to purchase SW:TESB was quickly closed after numerous claims by other bidders.

In many cases the horror stories you've heard probably related buyers liars or were movies by Dario Argento (just kidding).

Fortunately there are sellers who dare to deal with international buyers, otherwise my collection would be much poorer.

Edited by intellivotion

That's weird. They're all different ones too. I think I have a couple of copies of Shark! Shark! That don't work come to think of it. I wonder if it had a higher defective ratio for some reason?

Do you think it is worth getting the lot or two in order to see if they work? what would the boxes alone be worth?

"

Thanks for the likes and the friendly words. Maybe we both could get a good price.

I've now added some more auctions with a Stadium Mud Buggies ;-)

Günther

Hi Günther, nice to see you after all this years. It's a shame that you sell off your Intellivision stuff.

Did INTV sell their games in Europe? How did you get these games, out of curiousty?

He got the games the same way as I did 15 years ago...on ebay. :-)

I have an article in a german magazine about the close down of Mattel Electronics and that an company will take it's place. But that never happened in Germany. Only Radofin versions of the Aquarius where sold over here.

Edited by Intymike

Hi Günther, nice to see you after all this years. It's a shame that you sell off your Intellivision stuff.

Thanks Mike, it think it must be more then ten years. My wife and i bought a holiday house in Mallorca/Spain and she likes the

sun more then my videogames :-D So I now need some extra money. But you are right, it´s hard to sell the games ..

Günther

It's untested. You have to pay extra for a copy that hasn't yet been sullied or soiled by testing.

On top of that, the box is not merely crushed and scuffed. It had the rarely performed Kurosawa-style box crushing, done by Mr. Akira Kurosawa himself in mid-1998. This is the year he passed away so thus is the last such crushing ever performed by the style's inventor.

We should all bow our heads and contemplate the privelege and honor being able to bid so low as a measly $547 on such a rare and beautiful specimen.

Place your bets on which Spiker will sell for more!

1st Spiker: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131540365410
2nd Spiker: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252002762860

Does the 1st item always win? Will people prefer the 2nd one with the better box? Are people holding back, hoping the 2nd will be cheaper but the dogpile of bidding drives it higher? Does camera focus matter on eBay? Will Betty marry Jack or run off with Bill? Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Place your bets on which Spiker will sell for more!

1st Spiker: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131540365410

2nd Spiker: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252002762860

Does the 1st item always win? Will people prefer the 2nd one with the better box? Are people holding back, hoping the 2nd will be cheaper but the dogpile of bidding drives it higher? Does camera focus matter on eBay? Will Betty marry Jack or run off with Bill? Stay tuned!

My money is on Spiker number two because of box