IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

My $17 offer was auto declined. I hate that this exists for video games.

So close. I think VGA has its place, but it obviously adds little to no value....especially for super common games. I'd consider paying $17 for something like this, but only as a variant to show off in the future. "Hey kids, look at the silly things people used to do to games BITD."

Edit: I considered making a $10 bid, but I'm afraid I might actually win it and get stuck with a $30 shipping charge from Canada :D

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

The INTV Funhouse website shows the following Pinball game label:

pinb-101.jpg

As you can see, the color of the text is purple. But there is one of these on eBay right now, with red text:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331004188246

Is the red-text version of this game label an undiscovered variant?

Pretty sure that is just a case of fading with the ink. Even the purple you see is really just early stage fading of black ink. A lot of black toners have some magenta and cyan mixed in especially when used for thicker label stocks and these can come through over time. So both the purple and reddish ones are a case of wear over time vs. being a true variant. You have a good eye though!

• Like 1

The INTV Funhouse website shows the following Pinball game label:

pinb-101.jpg

As you can see, the color of the text is purple. But there is one of these on eBay right now, with red text:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331004188246

Is the red-text version of this game label an undiscovered variant?

It's just that dang black trying to be a color again :lol:

...and my Pinball cart label does not have the year on it.

• Like 1

God I hate reserves. They're literally the stupidest thing. Just post the minimum you're willing to accept and stop with the fraud of getting people to click on a listing because it looks reasonably cheap.

That, auto-rejected offers, and GSP are the trifecta of Ebay assholishness.

• Like 2

God I hate reserves. They're literally the stupidest thing. Just post the minimum you're willing to accept and stop with the fraud of getting people to click on a listing because it looks reasonably cheap.

In a reserve auction, does the seller not have the option to sell below the reserve? Should attract more bidders than starting minimum auction and better for the seller. Fraud?? No minimum no reserve would attract the most bidders, but depending on the item may not be best for the seller.

Spiker loose cart. Bidding is already up to $10.49 but the reserve has not been met.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1521808134141?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=152180813414&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Even given the fact that we've seen a good number of Spikers sell recently in the last year, both boxed and unboxed, isn't a loose cart still around $200-400?

Of course the seller probably has some crazy reserve. :roll:

In a reserve auction, does the seller not have the option to sell below the reserve? Should attract more bidders than starting minimum auction and better for the seller. Fraud?? No minimum no reserve would attract the most bidders, but depending on the item may not be best for the seller.

"Hey, come check out my 99 cent auction. Oh? Well I won't SELL it to you for 99 cents, of course not. But I'm going to have it show up in the listing that way. What? No, silly, I won't tell you want my minimum IS, you just have to guess. This way I can keep more people clicking on my auction thinking it'll sell lower than it actually will"

Call it what you want, but reserves in auctions are nothing more than intentional deception. We have minimums for a reason. Use them, and stop trying to mislead people.

And yeah, I'm aware that the concept of a "reserve" long pre-dates Ebay. I despise them in regular auctions, too. At least there, they're not solely used for click-bait. But in any other kind of retail transaction, a "reserve" price is what's known as either fraud, or bait-and-switch.

Even given the fact that we've seen a good number of Spikers sell recently in the last year, both boxed and unboxed, isn't a loose cart still around $200-400?

Of course the seller probably has some crazy reserve. :roll:

Loose copies used to go for that, but I believe most in the past few years have been closer to $400-650. I'd probably pay $200-250 for one, but not more. I'm still hoping to find a cheap one in the wild :D

• Like 2

I agree with JasonlikedINTV. The average price I've seen over the past several years has been $580 with a range of $371 to $717.

But for some reason, I have a gut feeling that there has been more Spiker carts than typical so the price might be repressed on this auction.

I agree with auction reserves, but I am curious about why you hate auto-reject offers?

I agree with auction reserves, but I am curious about why you hate auto-reject offers?

Because some sellers turn Make An Offer into a sham where they really have no intention of accepting. A while back there was a Buy It Now auction for a reasonable price, let's say it was $100 + $5 S/H. The seller was accepting offers, so I offered $95 + $5 S/H. It was immediately rejected. At that point they lost my business.

Because some sellers turn Make An Offer into a sham where they really have no intention of accepting. A while back there was a Buy It Now auction for a reasonable price, let's say it was $100 + $5 S/H. The seller was accepting offers, so I offered $95 + $5 S/H. It was immediately rejected. At that point they lost my business.

Exactly! There isn't even a reason to have a Make An Offer option on an item unless the shipping (domestically anyway) is free. Everyone is going to AT LEAST try to get free shipping value from their offer so what's the point?