IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Yep, 310 bucks, not bad...

Family Budgeting went for $405, Crosswords (cassette 2) for $310, Crosswords (cassette 3) for $179.19 and Crosswords (cassette 1) for $ 56.55... I'm always curious as to how high the person went on their bid when I lose an auction... anyone else wonder the same? lol

I thought for sure I would get all 4 of them and ended up with 2... at least it was the cheaper 2 lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IntvCasey said:

Family Budgeting went for $405, Crosswords (cassette 2) for $310, Crosswords (cassette 3) for $179.19 and Crosswords (cassette 1) for $ 56.55... I'm always curious as to how high the person went on their bid when I lose an auction... anyone else wonder the same? lol

I thought for sure I would get all 4 of them and ended up with 2... at least it was the cheaper 2 lol

Anyone else find it amusing that Family Budgeting sold for the most?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, stupus said:

The cheapest tape is a copy though....so i can see why it ended low.

Its a copy and its likely corrupted....so its not really much of anything in that case.

I doubt it is a copy.  The seller basically said that the paper label fell off.  Also, the plastic case matches, as do the screws, the color of the wheels, and dimples in the metal plate (seen only from the bottom views).  Another issue is that the KC requires the leader part of the tape to be clear for IR light.  It's hard to find tapes that have that kind of leader tape so most dubs won't work.

I think the buyer got a serious steal on that Crosswords 1.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IntvCasey said:

I am curious about the max price on Crosswords 3.  I already know the max price on the 2 expensive ones.  ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

I doubt it is a copy.  The seller basically said that the paper label fell off.  Also, the plastic case matches, as do the screws, the color of the wheels, and dimples in the metal plate (seen only from the bottom views).  Another issue is that the KC requires the leader part of the tape to be clear for IR light.  It's hard to find tapes that have that kind of leader tape so most dubs won't work.

I think the buyer got a serious steal on that Crosswords 1.

Isnt the info silkscreened directly on the plastic tape though?

Or did just crosswords 1 have a paper label?

I think most tapes had a clear leader though back then?

You do need a 4 track to copy the tapes right? Unless it was done somehow with the original kc.

I guess its a low price either way.

For me the label would be a big part though. As otherwise its a unmarked tape with maybe something on it thats usable. All the tapes have been archived so new ones can be made. Having the label seems like the value....well to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stupus said:

Isnt the info silkscreened directly on the plastic tape though?

Or did just crosswords 1 have a paper label?

I think most tapes had a clear leader though back then?

You do need a 4 track to copy the tapes right? Unless it was done somehow with the original kc.

I guess its a low price either way.

For me the label would be a big part though. As otherwise its a unmarked tape with maybe something on it thats usable. All the tapes have been archived so new ones can be made. Having the label seems like the value....well to me.

Good point about the silkscreening.  I had overlooked that.  The Crosswords 1 that I already own is a white tape with silkscreening and the 2 and 3 on eBay were also silkscreen.  Regarding the clear leader, there were a number of clear leaders back in the day (not all were clear) but only some clear leaders were IR transparent.

However, the KC's BASIC blank tapes in black cases did have a paper label.  There is a decent chance that someone audio dubbed from an original Crosswords 1 to a blank BASIC tape since it is perfectly KC compatible.  Less likely, a user copied the data digitally from tape to tape but then changed to/from the PLOD command in the BASIC code.

A 4 track recorder is only required for tapes that have both read-only and read-write tracks with data.  Some BASIC-based software only used the read-only tracks so a normal tape deck would work.  A normal tape deck can be used for read-only + read-write data but you have to futz around with the audio tracks to line things up right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Omnibro said:

That Tower Of Doom box is calling me.  I've had a loose cartridge and instructions forever. I'm sure it'll go way higher than I can afford for a box alone, but damn...

I’m with you but don’t see the manual for sale

They are just cards from the twin galaxis collector card series. There are a few thousand different cards they have made.

That lot seems priced very high. I got a bunch with the keith 1 signed for way less than these. Different places and events give the cards out free often.

• Like 2