IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to hear whether anyone has stories of looking at a random game lot on eBay, seeing something of big value, and getting the lot on the cheap. I imagine it happened a lot more 10 years ago than it does today, but as I'm at 115/125, I have started looking more at these lots hoping to find something I need. 

No luck of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KylJoy said:

Yes.  Most people don't know it, but the circuit board is made of 24 karat gold. And each original boxed cart came with a vile of the creators urine included.

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I thought the game was dessert bus and came with a free dessert.

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2024 at 6:11 PM, vtadave said:

I'd love to hear whether anyone has stories of looking at a random game lot on eBay, seeing something of big value, and getting the lot on the cheap. I imagine it happened a lot more 10 years ago than it does today, but as I'm at 115/125, I have started looking more at these lots hoping to find something I need. 

No luck of course.

*(long read.. but worth it)

It's true, you don't see the big scores as much as you used to. But they can still happen. Do not forget that many are well informed these days with the internet, and collectors are always looking. I have had many great finds on multiple sites. I do not believe it is sheer luck (although being in the right place at the right time is always a bonus!). If you've been a collector for a long time, you learn things and see things that only other collectors will see. Using your knowledge and experience is key (atleast in my opinion) to finding the jewels hiding.

Here is one example.. a great score I made a couple years ago. I was looking on Ebay and saw a big lot of 30 games in great condition with a boxed early system. The auction was just a bidding auction, the starting bid was like $150 with no bids yet. The pics were not detailed.. just random & just of the spines of the boxes, showing the titles. I think there was only 3 or 4 pics total. I noticed a couple things in the pics that made me think these were very early games (don't ask what I saw.. all I can say is you need to pay close attention to detail). I was convinced by a few factors that I hit paydirt (not to mention most of the games were in excellent condition), so I contacted the seller to ask if he would add Buy it Now, or Offers to the auction. I told him I would give him $250 (if i remember correct) for the whole lot to sell to me immediately. Keep in mind that these events all took place in about 10 minutes. I had to rush him before someone bid on the auction.

He agreed immediately and changed the auction to Buy it Now. I bought and paid for it quickly.. under $290 with shipping. He then asked me why I wanted the games so badly. He said he didn't expect to get over $200. Being the honest guy I am, I told him I think they are early games, and I collect them. Plus they almost looked new. He laughed (in email) and said I was correct. He was the original owner. The games were played with only a few times, then packed away. He bought the system & games back in 1979 when he was living in California. Fresno California? I asked. Yes! he said.. how did you know? Just a hunch I said. I asked if he got the games from "Gottschalk's department store".. he couldn't remember, but he did say "possibly". He found it very interesting that I knew all of that information. I think i freaked him out a bit..lol. Very nice man. I received the games about a week later. I documented opening them just in case. Here is a clip of some of the unboxing.. Most of the games were 1st releases, and yes.. all 8 original FCTVVO games in the Lot. An awsome find!

Enjoy.  

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

It's true, you don't see the big scores as much as you used to. But they can still happen. Do not forget that many are well informed these days with the internet, and collectors are always looking. I have had many great finds on multiple sites. I do not believe it is sheer luck (although being in the right place at the right time is always a bonus!). If you've been a collector for a long time, you learn things and see things that only other collectors will see. Using your knowledge and experience is key (atleast in my opinion) to finding the jewels hiding.

Here is one example.. a great score I made a couple years ago. I was looking on Ebay and saw a big lot of 30 games in great condition with a boxed early system. The auction was just a bidding auction, the starting bid was like $150 with no bids yet. The pics were not detailed.. just random & just of the spines of the boxes, showing the titles. I think there was only 3 or 4 pics total. I noticed a couple things in the pics that made me think these were very early games (don't ask what I saw.. all I can say is you need to pay close attention to detail). I was convinced by a few factors that I hit paydirt (not to mention most of the games were in excellent condition), so I contacted the seller to ask if he would add Buy it Now, or Offers to the auction. I told him I would give him $250 (if i remember correct) for the whole lot to sell to me immediately. Keep in mind that these events all took place in about 10 minutes. I had to rush him before someone bid on the auction.

He agreed immediately and changed the auction to Buy it Now. I bought and paid for it quickly.. under $290 with shipping. He then asked me why I wanted the games so badly. He said he didn't expect to get over $200. Being the honest guy I am, I told him I think they are early games, and I collect them. Plus they almost looked new. He laughed (in email) and said I was correct. He was the original owner. The games were played with only a few times, then packed away. He bought the system & games back in 1979 when he was living in California. Fresno California? I asked. Yes! he said.. how did you know? Just a hunch I said. I asked if he got the games from "Gottschalk's department store".. he couldn't remember, but he did say "possibly". He found it very interesting that I knew all of that information. I think i freaked him out a bit..lol. Very nice man. I received the games about a week later. I documented opening them just in case. Here is a clip of some of the unboxing.. Most of the games were 1st releases, and yes.. all 8 original FCTVVO games in the Lot. An awsome find!

Enjoy.  

And yet, there is Vectron......

46 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

And yet, there is Vectron......

Your point being?

I think your missing the point of the story.

Since there were so many games in the lot, yes.. some had to be purchased later. My focus was on the FCTVVO games... purchased rather cheap & having all 8.

On 6/29/2024 at 10:12 AM, Morpheus said:

I. Have. No. Words.

I also have a spare copy that I will gladly sell for half of that price, if anyone wants to flip for profit.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, freewheel said:

I also have a spare copy that I will gladly sell for half of that price, if anyone wants to flip for profit.

If I slab serial #5 with all extras, maybe I can get double that price! 🙃

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 7:26 PM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Enjoy.  

ha thank you.  Great story and video.  I'll keep up the hunt.