IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

8 hours ago, BBWW said:

It is my understanding that these were developed as cover for the Amiga computer. They were going to be for Intellivision but to my knowledge only sold for Colecovision. I have owned a set but did not want to fry an Intellivision to see if they were really for it. I know a few others here have them and have not plugged them in an actual Intellivision to test them.

They of course went on to release the big surprise The Amiga Computer and then were bought by Commodore.

amiga-cv.thumb.jpg.091d2d0aac3b5db9d3bec386dc8d9c9d.jpg

I have one of these. But alas it does not seem to work very well. Most of the CV third-party controllers were problematic, as were the Intellivision Wico sticks. 

7 hours ago, mdoerty said:

I have one of these. But alas it does not seem to work very well. Most of the CV third-party controllers were problematic, as were the Intellivision Wico sticks. 

So I know the side buttons on the Wico made them extra horrible. What is the issue with the Amiga (Gemstick)? Just curious.

45 minutes ago, BBWW said:

So I know the side buttons on the Wico made them extra horrible. What is the issue with the Amiga (Gemstick)? Just curious.

I got it in a used lot years ago. A lot of the buttons don’t want to respond. I have not had a chance to see if it could be fixed. 

1 hour ago, mdoerty said:

I got it in a used lot years ago. A lot of the buttons don’t want to respond. I have not had a chance to see if it could be fixed. 

Thanks

As I go through all of my "stuff".

Just wondering if anyone uses this site to find values?  Video Game Prices & Values | PriceCharting.com | VGPC

I have been out of buying stuff for so long, I am not real aware of today's pricing.

I just see stuff in this thread from time to time, that looks outrageous to me.

If you have a better price list(s) let me know.

Thank you all!

@BBWW Lode Runner is a CLASSIC.  I may need to acquire this game at some point. ( don't tell the boss! ) 

Oh, I remember talk about a ROM pack with Parsec etc.  Any word? 

6 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

@BBWW Lode Runner is a CLASSIC.  I may need to acquire this game at some point. ( don't tell the boss! ) 

Oh, I remember talk about a ROM pack with Parsec etc.  Any word? 

It is still planned. A few more games to be released and then the BLAH BLAH WOOF WOOF Anthology #1 will be released. Here is hoping for a BBWW Anthology #2 is in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Seems kindof steep.

I wouldnt think it would be worth more than 6k. 🤔

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Morpheus said:

At $650 that might be fair. The extra zero is a bit beyond the pale. 😂

11 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

eBay: 186302539859

If someone here wins this, I'd love a crack at restoring that Mountain Madness box. Having done a similar restoration on a destroyed Super Pro Football box, I think I have some ideas for improving the final result.

Do you have a top section of the box to do surgery with? Looks like someone tore the top of the box off to use it as a vessel for the extra manuals. Funny how they decided to use the most valuable game box in the lot to destroy. 🤣

What a shame..😪

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Morpheus said:

And it’s far from being CIB…

Would you have a CIB one?

If yes I would be happy to see some pics…🙏🙏🙏

I'm afraid I haven't seen any packaging for these before. I'm only aware of maybe 4 or 5 of these turning up. Mine is loose. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Do you have a top section of the box to do surgery with? Looks like someone tore the top of the box off to use it as a vessel for the extra manuals. Funny how they decided to use the most valuable game box in the lot to destroy. 🤣

What a shame..😪

I have a reproduction I created using Photoshop so the process (see pics below) would be the same as the Super Pro Football restoration, where I splice in the missing sections. This time I want to line the cardboard up so that the seams are smooth. It will be a bit tricky due to the reproduction being on slightly thinner cardstock but it should be possible. Just lining up the graphics/text will be the hard part. It also appears that whatever cart retention was there originally was destroyed or gutted so that will have to be replaced. I'm thinking it may be better to source a donor retention piece from a common box but I could also recreate one. Depends on what the next owner wants. I can also convert it to a top retention, Coleco box style and add a manual pocket as I did for my reproductions in the past. 

Repro front:

01Front.jpg

Repro back:

02Back.jpg

Top retention and manual pocket (on Super Pro football repair):

SPFBinside.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 1:05 AM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I saw this auction on Ebay...

Factory Sealed?

To my knowledge, these were not shrinkwrapped from factory. Correct me if im wrong. Also, beware of ficticous claims.

Screenshot_20240225_172121_eBay.jpg

And now a Thin Ice factory sealed Rog…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134976679640?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7h16bzqjRpO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Nuf-_TBYSPC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

What do you think folks?🤨