IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

3 hours ago, BigDumer said:

Good eye, I technically have 123/125 CIB since my Learning Fun I is just cart and box.

I would say you have 124.

The manual comes up often for sale. Its just a matter of choosing a good one. So, all you have left is Spiker? Its a nice feeling, isnt it? But, a double edge sword. Only need one,.. but its the most expensive by far.

Best of luck on your search. Im sure you will find one soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:00 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I know not Intellivision, but it is Mattel.  Are these typically tough to find for the Apple?  Stumbled on one and picked it up on a whim since it kind of fits with the Intellivision collection. IMG_1914.thumb.jpeg.ac46421ac8eeb49479726a5ee37c4c96.jpeg

That's probably the most common one.  I've seen a bunch sealed that typically run $20-40.  The Nightstalkers and BurgerTime are harder to find and can run up to $100 each.  The IBM Lock 'n' Chase was advertised, but I don't believe it was ever released.  Here's some info at BSR and some ads:

Screenshot_20240120-224750.thumb.png.bff6ece16b2f4a17bca09f7a70fdb98f.png

Screenshot_20240120-225405.thumb.png.b7e245e5580dcf8f4a0d25a5ca36d175.png

Here are mine:

Screenshot_20240120-224350.thumb.png.bdbbe443cf247effd7f4d24759ceaaf3.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

That's probably the most common one.  I've seen a bunch sealed that typically run $20-40.  The Nightstalkers and BurgerTime are harder to find and can run up to $100 each.  The IBM Lock 'n' Chase was advertised, but I don't believe it was ever released.  Here's some info at BSR and some ads:

Screenshot_20240120-224750.thumb.png.bff6ece16b2f4a17bca09f7a70fdb98f.png

Screenshot_20240120-225405.thumb.png.b7e245e5580dcf8f4a0d25a5ca36d175.png

Here are mine:

Screenshot_20240120-224350.thumb.png.bdbbe443cf247effd7f4d24759ceaaf3.png

Thanks!  Good info. 

I am cleaning house! I always want to put my stuff in the intellivision group first, even if it is not always intellivision items.

I am going through boxes and boxes of stuff and came across some controllers.  

I have other controllers, I need to uncover, but these are most likely the interesting lot.

I found this standard 2600 add-on.  it adds fire buttons.  I am guessing for the 7800/sega?

I feel like it is securely held on. But still easy to remove.  

I have not tried these...  I have a lot of stuff to sift.  If I have a chance, I will.    I will take pix of anything cool/unusual as I come across it.

I found a few more intellivision unopened homebrews also.  I need to take pictures of.  But I want to do the intellivision stuff as a group.

amiga-cv.jpg

wico.jpg

2600-1.jpg

2600-2.jpg

2600-3.jpg

6 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I found this standard 2600 add-on.  it adds fire buttons.  I am guessing for the 7800/sega?

I feel like it is securely held on. But still easy to remove.  

2600-1.jpg

2600-2.jpg

2600-3.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the controller add-on for 2600 Omega Race. Essentially it adds a second button so there's one for thrust and one to fire. However, I don't know if it actually works with a 7800 or SMS.

3 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the controller add-on for 2600 Omega Race. Essentially it adds a second button so there's one for thrust and one to fire. However, I don't know if it actually works with a 7800 or SMS.

Thanks!  I remember Omega Race. I didn't remember this add-on with it.  But that was a long time ago!

I got a bunch of the CBS games all at once in 1984... Barging bin.  I must have the cart someplace.  I do have a 7800 around here too.  

My wife gets home at 2.  I better get back to it!  At least show some progress.  LOL

• Haha 2

I got them on EBAY as Intellivision controllers.

I never tried them, because I could see the 9 pin was straight and not 90 degrees like the Intellivision II.

Well, that is my belief, that the intellivision version is like the intellivision II.  Maybe it is not? like the sears console?

7 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Pretty certain the Intellivision version has the 90 degree bend in the connector.  I know mine does anyway. 

I concur. I have both and the CV ones are straight and the Inty ones have the 90 degree bend. 

9 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I concur. I have both and the CV ones are straight and the Inty ones have the 90 degree bend. 

I remember seeing these advertised back in the day, but never tried one.  I’m guessing they are “for display purposes only”, as they look uncomfortable as hell to actually use!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nurmix said:

... they look uncomfortable as hell to actually use!

I can confirm that they are not as uncomfortable as hell to use.  Instead, they are as uncomfortable as a deeper, darker, Lovecraftian-horror place that mere hell-based demons fear to tread.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Instead, they are as uncomfortable as a deeper, darker, Lovecraftian-horror place that mere hell-based demons fear to tread.

Thank you for expertly quantifying the level of discomfort these controllers inflict.

And while we're on the subject, I've never understood hand held (not table top) controllers that use a long or bat handle joystick.  Was the thinking "let's put something on there that will generate the maximum amount of leverage forces to cause extreme pain and fatigue in the hand that is holding said controller". If so, mission accomplished.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nurmix said:

Thank you for expertly quantifying the level of discomfort these controllers inflict.

And while we're on the subject, I've never understood hand held (not table top) controllers that use a long or bat handle joystick.  Was the thinking "let's put something on there that will generate the maximum amount of leverage forces to cause extreme pain and fatigue in the hand that is holding said controller". If so, mission accomplished.

I'd understand if you were dropping quarters. Making the game physically demanding "unintentionally", causing a quicker game over.

But then, would people play?  Hmmm. I am certain the coin counters did analytics on it.

Haven't found anything very interesting... Except, I had no idea how much 5200 crap I have.  Must have been from lots. I don't remember buying any of this stuff.

I have tossed a lot of stuff.  I just found a box of Odyssey2 carts.  I know I tossed my O2 many years ago.  Before thinking anyone might want it.

So.. Does anyone want O2 games.  I will take pix at some point.  I need to get 7 or 8 totes out of the living room first.

Before all of my stuff is donated to the local dump.

I did find a few ESC's and Intellivision II's  I don't know the status of them... Maybe the power supplies are still good?  I found a few with the smooth controllers number pads and a few with the ridged numbers.  The smooth look better... But I would hate to use those!

Edited by 1980gamer
add
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I'd understand if you were dropping quarters. Making the game physically demanding "unintentionally", causing a quicker game over.

But then, would people play?  Hmmm. I am certain the coin counters did analytics on it.

Haven't found anything very interesting... Except, I had no idea how much 5200 crap I have.  Must have been from lots. I don't remember buying any of this stuff.

I have tossed a lot of stuff.  I just found a box of Odyssey2 carts.  I know I tossed my O2 many years ago.  Before thinking anyone might want it.

So.. Does anyone want O2 games.  I will take pix at some point.  I need to get 7 or 8 totes out of the living room first.

Before all of my stuff is donated to the local dump.

I did find a few ESC's and Intellivision II's  I don't know the status of them... Maybe the power supplies are still good?  I found a few with the smooth controllers number pads and a few with the ridged numbers.  The smooth look better... But I would hate to use those!

I have a half O2 collection. I might be interested. Paul might need a few as he has a collection as well. I'm sure others here probably would be interested as well

• Like 1

5200 games I have found so far.

Super Breakout overlay
Missile Command
Pole Position x2
Centipede x2
Kangaroo x2
Pac-man x2
Jungle Hunt
Galaxian
Popeye -ruff label
Space Dungeon
Frogger -pretty good label
Congo Bongo

Hardware 2600 adaptor, trackball 

O2 games.

INVADERS FROM HYPERSPACE
THUNDERBALL X2
COMPUTER GOLF -RUFF label  X2 BETTER
SPEEDWAY/SPIN OUT/CRYPTO LOGIC -DIRTY X2 BETTER
WAR OF NERVES X2
PICK AXE PETE X2
ALIEN INVADERS-PLUS
COSMIC CONFLICT X2
BASEBALL X2
SUB CHASE
UFO! X2
BOWLING/BASKETBALL X2
BLACKJACK X2
FOOTBALL
DYNASTY

I would like to do these in sets if possible!  

With several duplicates of O2 and 5200 games, I would split the dupes out.  Unless you want them for the shells for homebrews etc.

Added:

The Wico's are almost certainly for Colecovision.  The punchout is on the bottom if that helps.  

I don't have a tv with a tuner at the moment.  I play games via the ultimate flashback these days.

I also have the Phoenix, been hoping for Intellivision and TI99/4A support!  Mostly the TI as the ultimate flashback seems pretty spot on for Intellivision.

Edited by 1980gamer

It is my understanding that these were developed as cover for the Amiga computer. They were going to be for Intellivision but to my knowledge only sold for Colecovision. I have owned a set but did not want to fry an Intellivision to see if they were really for it. I know a few others here have them and have not plugged them in an actual Intellivision to test them.

They of course went on to release the big surprise The Amiga Computer and then were bought by Commodore.

amiga-cv.thumb.jpg.091d2d0aac3b5db9d3bec386dc8d9c9d.jpg

4 hours ago, BBWW said:

That said I wish I had not sold mine. I've been looking for them again for years. LOL

I wish these were for the intellivision! I am not going to try them on mine!  Hmm? Maybe on the Ultimate Flashback. I have so much stuff to test! Currently, I cannot even sit in my office chair. 

I cannot get to my Atgames arcade machine etc. It is a dark time here. LOL.  Keyboard emulation is just not the same. Tron Deadlier Discs is at least playable on the keyboard.

We can work out a deal... and it will less stuff to store.  I even know what box they are in.

10 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

We can work out a deal... and it will less stuff to store.  I even know what box they are in.

I may be willing to fry one now. Lol. I will send a PM.