IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I would also consider a straight up trade, my Spiker for the Emilyvision, but Voltron didnt return my PM's...oh well, too late now.

have you sent me pm? i havent gotten any. well im gonna bid on this auction.

yeah it is getting up there. u might want to get a bid in before just so u dont miss out

I cant believe how fast it went up. I know ive seen auctions go high real fast, its just weird when its your own.

i woulnt know. every rare thing i sell either goes for half the value others sell for or i sweat it out til the end when a sniper war begins

Hey Guys, I would loved to of sent it to someone for free, dont think i wouldnt if i was rich!

I hate to see it go, bottom line is I need the money for the dentist (wife). I already dropped over 2,000 to the crook. Times are tough and Some contract work I have going on has been delayed, until then I have to sacrifice my beloved Spiker to save the rest of my rare goodies! Know what im saying? Plus, I have a feeling more Spikers will show up sooner or later.

What happenned to Obama care? ahahahahaaa

Anyway, this is really a VERY nice shape box, I dont think you could find one much nicer, Cart is nice. Maybe someone wants to upgrade? I started it at 3.99 with no reserve so everyone will have a chance to get it, and i love real auctions. no ending early or buy it nows!

Hate to hear that you have to sell under these circumstances :(

I had to sell my 4 original Intelligentvision under a similar deal :(

Best of luck with the sale !! Looks good so far !

Hopefully this will start a "monkey see monkey do" of auctions and we'll see another 3-4 show up like happened last time....

Good luck Rev. I bet it'll go higher just because people here know it's yours and you're e-famous here! :D

Edited by Dryfter

I cant believe how fast it went up. I know ive seen auctions go high real fast, its just weird when its your own.

your spiker is the first game i have seen with the m network cart. what other games use these same carts? ie: has the hole in them.

My Spiker cart is the same style, and most of the INTV carts too.

your spiker is the first game i have seen with the m network cart. what other games use these same carts? ie: has the hole in them.

Don't want to hijack the thread but I have a several including a Yellow sticker Burgertime, I'm thinking its not too rare

Don't want to hijack the thread but I have a several including a Yellow sticker Burgertime, I'm thinking its not too rare

i have 5 different intv carts and none of my games have the holes. thats why i asked

I would also consider a straight up trade, my Spiker for the Emilyvision, but Voltron didnt return my PM's...oh well, too late now.

have you sent me pm? i havent gotten any. well im gonna bid on this auction.

yeah it is getting up there. u might want to get a bid in before just so u dont miss out

It will go up more if I have something to say about it :D

Direct quote from this auction. "The Game controller in-lays can be included if wanted but it looks like a cat urinated on them. I tried cleaning them but they still have have a faint aroma. They can be include in a plastic bag if wanted."

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1109504622301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110950462230&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I will personally hunt down anyone that beats me on this. I must have it! :P:lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

cmar

Post pics of all your dk jr variants.

That's the strange thing, there aren't many versions of DK Jr. Just wait, I'll be posting a giant CBS/Coleco variations thread at some point. By my count there are around 55 if I remember correctly.

Albert, if you're still reading this thread, could you sticky this please, like the CV guys have in their section? It's a good resource for everyone.Thanks.

Do you need the Cart?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907732038221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290773203822&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Overlays?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907732026971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290773202697&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Or Manual?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907732020431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290773202043&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sell them all together you say? He needs to squeeze every damn dollar out of this game. Think i'll message him and tell him he should split the overlays up into 2 separate auctions as well. Gotta squeeze these buyers dry. :-D

Do you need the Cart?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907732038221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290773203822&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Overlays?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907732026971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290773202697&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Or Manual?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907732020431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290773202043&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sell them all together you say? He needs to squeeze every damn dollar out of this game. Think i'll message him and tell him he should split the overlays up into 2 separate auctions as well. Gotta squeeze these buyers dry. :-D

What did you expect from an evil zombie demon?

Yah, I didn't think that was going to go that high. What's even crazier is that there were four bidders at $300+, so it had a lot of support at that price. :-o

I am fairly certain that the Intellivision scene is quickly escalating out of reach for many would be collectors....

And it feels like greed is driving it... :mad:

I might be wrong, good chance of it actually but geez... the prices lately ...

• Like 1

I am fairly certain that the Intellivision scene is quickly escalating out of reach for many would be collectors....

Most systems are suffering from "bubble" pricing that's gotten worse and worse over the past 2-3 years. Some of it is speculation (people intentionally driving prices up so they can cash out and make $$$), and some of it is just new people coming into the hobby and competing for scarce items. It's been suggested that Ebay's free listings are a huge part of the problem.

Most systems are suffering from "bubble" pricing that's gotten worse and worse over the past 2-3 years. Some of it is speculation (people intentionally driving prices up so they can cash out and make $$$), and some of it is just new people coming into the hobby and competing for scarce items. It's been suggested that Ebay's free listings are a huge part of the problem.

Seems plausable, but with the combined eBay/Paypal fees I am not sure how the free listings can be contributing

When I sell games I want to make as much as I can just like the next guy, but the increased fees, the increased initiial listing/asking prices I see on other auctions is just a big turn off to me.... I don't want to sound like an old guy "back when I was a kid..." but I have been buying and selling (mostly buying ;) ) since the late nineties but it just seems like the gougers are coming out of the woodwork lately..... Dunno, maybe its just me but Dudes links are just another example :(

So in a nutshell.. I mostly agree ;-) even though I don't like it

Seems plausable, but with the combined eBay/Paypal fees I am not sure how the free listings can be contributing

Mainly because there's no financial penalty for listing insane BINs or auctions with a ridiculous starting bid, and Ebay is flooded with both. If every so often some newbie hits an overpriced BIN or goes crazy with overbids, then that price contributes to "the new normal" -- a higher and higher baseline price, whether or not it's justified by the game's desirability/rarity. And with resellers aggressively pursuing every yard sale and flea market in sight, there are fewer and fewer opportunities to go outside the Ebay feeder system.

Plus almost everyone's got a reason to push prices higher. Ebay and PayPal get more money in fees; resellers and brick-and-mortar stores make more money; and collectors feel legitimized by the hype ("Look how much my stuff is worth!"), and some hope to cash out before the bubble bursts. The main people who get screwed are the gamers and/or "casual" collectors who don't have deep pockets.

Ya i wish i had started collecting just a few years prior. I started collecting again around Dec 09. I'd say a lot of things is a factor with it from the popularity of retro game collecting on Youtube channels like my own and others, this forum for example started right after i joined and i bet is helping with the popularity and helping people discover and love the Intellivision. Either it's a phase and the high prices will go back down in a few years or it's a permanent disease.

Bingo. I'm new to the scene, but I tend to pace myself on my buying. I'm somewhat patient ... others out there want it now and aren't afraid to pay a premium to get it. That's why some people can sell things for crazy numbers. Sometimes, it's just a high starting price but much of the time, it's people bidding it there.

As a seller, I know that I can start an item at a crazy price and hope that someone bites. If it doesn't sell, no worries, I can drop the price by 5% until someone nibbles. For the most part, I've stopped that tactic and just want to get things out of my house ... but there are some items that I'm not willing to part with unless they go for a certain amount ...

Ya i wish i had started collecting just a few years prior. I started collecting again around Dec 09. I'd say a lot of things is a factor with it from the popularity of retro game collecting on Youtube channels like my own and others, this forum for example started right after i joined and i bet is helping with the popularity and helping people discover and love the Intellivision. Either it's a phase and the high prices will go back down in a few years or it's a permanent disease.

It's likely to do nothing but get worse. As you bring in a larger population into a dwindling supply of resources, you will continue to drive up price.

The silver lining? A larger base means more potential for profit for homebrews ... increased sales means more games being created ... and everyone likes new games!

Edited by Fushek

In the last 10+ years the online purchasing community has been growing steadily. It's even more boosted by migration onto mobile devices. In the old days, local businesses still had somewhat of a chunk of the market, but it's pretty small now. Goodwill stores consolidate games to only a few stores and then sell online. Game Stop doesn't carry anything earlier than PS2. Fewer games are making it into stores because everyone is buying and selling online. With an ever-growing pool of buyers in a time of relatively fast and cheap shipping, with a dwindling supply of Original items, and only small batches of newer Homebrew titles being released......prices can only go up. And this is in a recession, where people are theoretically out of work and trying to spend less. What happens when the economy improves? Intellivision is also a small market compared to other systems. I eBayed "Intellivision" "Atari" and "NES" to see how many hits each got....

Intellivision = 3,386 items

Atari = 35,000 items

NES = 55,000 items

The upside is the potential for growth in the community. I think the flood of new releases is an indicator of what's to come. Of course, if history repeats itself, we can also expect the Great Video Game Crash of 2014, where I'm going to be picking up $12 copies of Super Pro Diner and Learning Fun 4 in the bargain bin at Slackers :-)