IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

No, you guys have no clue do you?!?

I got the OLD eBay thread moved back over here and merged with the new one and pinned to the top of the forum.

See how many replies this thing has now.

How do you think intellivision section is beating colecovision now.

That occurred to me after the fact. :) thanks Al? Tempest? Cebus? Or whomever Rev begged to have you move it back where it belongs.

Dude, what second one? The original roundup and the roundup 2 have been MERGED into one giant thread. There is no second one out there now.

Plus you would not believe what I had to do and promise to people to make this happen.

Btw, dude, you need to be in Nashville next Friday night at about 3 in the morning at the downtown waffle house in the alleyway behind the dumpster. Make sure you are wearing a blonde wig. Don't be late and don't disappoint.

Plus you would not believe what I had to do and promise to people to make this happen.

Btw, dude, you need to be in Nashville next Friday night at about 3 in the morning at the downtown waffle house in the alleyway behind the dumpster. Make sure you are wearing a blonde wig. Don't be late and don't disappoint.

New favourite paragraph of the day! Lol! :)

I've been looking at this german auction with Tutankham too, but it seems a bit high now. Is Tutankham really worth that much? The other items are really common. I've seen nicer Tutankham sold for $150-$200, but then it's been with buy-it-now, so it may not reflect it's true value.

I've been looking at this german auction with Tutankham too, but it seems a bit high now. Is Tutankham really worth that much? The other items are really common. I've seen nicer Tutankham sold for $150-$200, but then it's been with buy-it-now, so it may not reflect it's true value.

Waaaay too high. :ponder: A bit puzzling to be honest. As you said, a really nice Tut can go for $150-200, and the International Popeye maybe $30 and maybe $20 for the German Pitfall but the rest are commons, even if they have German instructions plus the system isn't even boxed.

Although apparently after the $1400 NIB Tut sale they now go for between $900 - $1200 even with torn shrinkwrap. :roll:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3506302428811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350630242881&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Waaaay too high. :ponder: A bit puzzling to be honest. As you said, a really nice Tut can go for $150-200, and the International Popeye maybe $30 and maybe $20 for the German Pitfall but the rest are commons, even if they have German instructions plus the system isn't even boxed.

Although apparently after the $1400 NIB Tut sale they now go for between $900 - $1200 even with torn shrinkwrap. :roll:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3506302428811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350630242881&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Because of that sealed tutankham I took my eyes off a nice cib tutankham for 130. After I lost the auction for hte seal one I quickly tried to get that cib on but it was too late. I lost interest in sealed games, and then dryfters post made me think twice about it. So unless I know the source well I not gun-ho about sealed games. Im of the Rev mentality now, I prefer cib unsealed.

I will take mint opened games any day over mystery sealed games. I decided this after I bought a "great condition Sealed Space Spartans!" for like $5. The price was right, but the box was terrible. It was crushed and moisture got in between the wrap and the surface of the box and made the wrapping stick to the box, peeling the picture off the front. Now I'll only buy sealed games if I know it's in great condition and originally sealed, or if I can pretty much tell that it's pretty mint and at the right price. If they arrive in worse condition than my best copy, I open them and use the contents to upgrade my best copy......if even applicable. I got lucky a few times, though. I have really nice mint copies of Checkers and Jetson's Way With Words that I doubt I'll ever open.

Because of that sealed tutankham I took my eyes off a nice cib tutankham for 130. After I lost the auction for hte seal one I quickly tried to get that cib on but it was too late. I lost interest in sealed games, and then dryfters post made me think twice about it. So unless I know the source well I not gun-ho about sealed games. Im of the Rev mentality now, I prefer cib unsealed.

Voltron, I like sealed games, I just love opening them!

What im talking about is you cant really tell if you are buying a factory sealed game or if you are being sold one that they resealed just to cranck up the price. I remember watching an intellivisiondude video where you sent dude overlays but you resealed the lv poker and black. So should clue people in that there are going to be people that reseal games for the sake of charging more. So unless I know the seller well, im not gun ho about sealed games anymore.

i stopped buying from that person bc multiple item shipped unprotected and arrived crushed.

I ask EVERYONE now before I buy.

About 1/3 are like, "Why would you question my shipping practices, of course I ship in a box!"

Another 3rd are like, "Sigh, well it's gonna cost you more money, because the quote was for shipping in a wet paper bag"

The last 3rd are like, "No problem!" and I get the strangest, and most elaborate shipping ever with completely unnecessary layers.

Now I spell it out and just say that I don't care how long it takes, just bubble wrap it and place it in a small sturdy box. You can even place that box in an envelope if it's cheaper. I just don't want crushed games. I think I come off as a super picky buyer, but common sense is soooo hit or miss, so you have to specify. I'm typically willing to pay extra for shipping in a box, especially if it only goes from like $4 to $8.

I ask EVERYONE now before I buy.

About 1/3 are like, "Why would you question my shipping practices, of course I ship in a box!"

Another 3rd are like, "Sigh, well it's gonna cost you more money, because the quote was for shipping in a wet paper bag"

The last 3rd are like, "No problem!" and I get the strangest, and most elaborate shipping ever with completely unnecessary layers.

Now I spell it out and just say that I don't care how long it takes, just bubble wrap it and place it in a small sturdy box. You can even place that box in an envelope if it's cheaper. I just don't want crushed games. I think I come off as a super picky buyer, but common sense is soooo hit or miss, so you have to specify. I'm typically willing to pay extra for shipping in a box, especially if it only goes from like $4 to $8.

I do that too. i ask them to make sure its shipped in a box. bubblewrapped. some folks dont listen, and i have a one strike your out policy... i had one seller ship to fragile items in a taped super market paper bag. i gave them a neg bc the stuff arrived destroyed. they later sent me a email asking to give them five stars bc they will make it right, i asked what they are going to do to make it right and they replied we will refund the shipping cost..... (not the price of the item)

Edited by voltron

How on Earth did you pull this off at that price? Especially from that seller, who IMO is always on the high side? Why didn't I see it?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2211459245911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221145924591&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

:-D I think I just kind of walked into it as right after he listed it. Now he did charge me $28 for shipping so it better arrive well protected or there will be a negative coming his way given how much I paid for shipping.

:-D I think I just kind of walked into it as right after he listed it. Now he did charge me $28 for shipping so it better arrive well protected or there will be a negative coming his way given how much I paid for shipping.

send him an email to protect it. he sent me stuff that got crushed in plain envelope. so i stopped buying from him.

send him an email to protect it. he sent me stuff that got crushed in plain envelope. so i stopped buying from him.

For a guy who has "thousands of Intellivision items for sale", you would think that he would use better pics, less vague descriptions, and price more to move. My favorite is the giant Tupperware tub full of crushed "rare" games. I just can't buy from someone who takes little to no care of their "collection". I treat even my cheapest and most common titles with the greatest of care.

For a guy who has "thousands of Intellivision items for sale", you would think that he would use better pics, less vague descriptions, and price more to move. My favorite is the giant Tupperware tub full of crushed "rare" games. I just can't buy from someone who takes little to no care of their "collection". I treat even my cheapest and most common titles with the greatest of care.

thats the same guy who tried to sell you 8000 super sale with every game on the list and more with a hidden disclaimer that it doesnt include spiker smb, jetson, world series , worm whomper and fathom. and few other rare ones. i mean why put in the list of games it comes with and then secretly say it not in there.

several stuff i got from him gas been bad. thats y he fails to include pics many times, and packaging was bad.

Edited by voltron

I opened a sealed (mostly) game today :-) It was a USA Mattel Snafu. The seal was ripped at the top, so I can't say it hadn't previously been opened and slid back in. The overlays were immaculate with the spacer papers still in there. Still had the catalog, too. The outside of the box was really nice, but the cardboard cartridge slot had bent tabs. I suppose the game has been shifting around in there for years. I was glad to open it, though. I is still the best copy of the 4 CIB copies I have (upgrade!)