IGNORED

Whoever Side-Dealed This I Will Hunt You Down

CatScraps

We've been in touch for several days, shared some laughs. bicmachippydude2 is an awesome guy. He sold it for $60 to a really rad collector. We jammed. Thanks (looks right into camera) AtariAge

I hope you told him he got shafted; $60.00 for a quadrun, that's a pretty decent deal. ( Oh ya, plus those other 3 games that he really wanted BS! :D )

Yeah, I told him he got shafted but not too shafted since I was waiting to shaft him for less (the auction was at less than $30 before he pulled it - I was hoping to snipe it for $50 max - and I would've picked through ALL the commons as well as fired up the 7800.) The word Quadrun never appeared in the description so I know it flew under the radar for the most part. I'm glad it went to a collector and glad he sold it for more than I would've bid on it.

Would not have got it for $50.00 max ;) I think it was probably on quite a few watch lists :)

We've been in touch for several days, shared some laughs. bicmachippydude2 is an awesome guy. He sold it for $60 to a really rad collector. We jammed. Thanks (looks right into camera) AtariAge

I hope you told him he got shafted; $60.00 for a quadrun, that's a pretty decent deal. ( Oh ya, plus those other 3 games that he really wanted BS! :D )

Yeah, I told him he got shafted but not too shafted since I was waiting to shaft him for less (the auction was at less than $30 before he pulled it - I was hoping to snipe it for $50 max - and I would've picked through ALL the commons as well as fired up the 7800.) The word Quadrun never appeared in the description so I know it flew under the radar for the most part. I'm glad it went to a collector and glad he sold it for more than I would've bid on it.

I contacted the seller last night and gave him accurate information as to the value of a loose Quadrun cart.

Just because Quadrun was not in the title does not mean it would have went cheap. People like me tend to click the little box to search title and descriptions. ;)

ROFL - IT WAS ONLY IN THE PICTURE MAN>>>>>>ROFL he said atari 7800 w/ games, and posted a pic

You mean you don't check the pictures, too? I wonder how many deals you missed out on because you couldn't be bothered to search beyond keywords.

The only way you saw it was if you typed in a search for atari - nearest location - Northeastern Pennsylvania

I tried finding it under other keywords too

Oh really

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=atari%207800%20vintage&_dmpt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Keywords, Atari, 7800, vintage

Look down near the middle of the page. I did NOT specify a geographic location to find it.

So I guess if I had bid $100 for the lot then backed it up with a $99 bid from my other account that wouldn't have worked to deter the side deal. :roll:

Edited by OldAtarian

Just because Quadrun was not in the title does not mean it would have went cheap. People like me tend to click the little box to search title and descriptions. ;)

ROFL - IT WAS ONLY IN THE PICTURE MAN>>>>>>ROFL he said atari 7800 w/ games, and posted a pic

You mean you don't check the pictures, too? I wonder how many deals you missed out on because you couldn't be bothered to search beyond keywords.

Let me be perfectly clear. I may be ignorant here. I was under the impression that on Ebay you can search for title and description, but you must type in words. Yes, while browsing auctions I look at the pictures. Is there a feature on Ebay where you can search pictures the same way one does a word search? My point here is that a person will only happen upon this Quadrun by chance - unless there is a way to do "picture search Quadrun" and it will come up. Is there?????

Yeah, I told him he got shafted but not too shafted since I was waiting to shaft him for less (the auction was at less than $30 before he pulled it - I was hoping to snipe it for $50 max - and I would've picked through ALL the commons as well as fired up the 7800.) The word Quadrun never appeared in the description so I know it flew under the radar for the most part.

You may think it would have flew under the radar but I guarantee all the power resellers/collectors saw it, the only way you would have got it that cheap is if they forgot to bid, there are people that do this for a living, hell my cousin (not an atari collector) has a program installed that beeps his Blackberry the second any of his keywords are listed for Craigslist and he is small potatoes.

I have two simple questions:

1. Is there an application available that searches by picture?

2. Where can I get it?

Power seller or whatever, if 1. is no then no one found this auction unless they stumbled on it, i.e. they have no life. A blackberry isn't going to beep unless it somehow recognizes text on a jpeg.

Let me be perfectly clear. I may be ignorant here. I was under the impression that on Ebay you can search for title and description, but you must type in words. Yes, while browsing auctions I look at the pictures. Is there a feature on Ebay where you can search pictures the same way one does a word search? My point here is that a person will only happen upon this Quadrun by chance - unless there is a way to do "picture search Quadrun" and it will come up. Is there?????

That's what most of us do. I always check the pictures, especially when they aren't in the description. I guarantee that if I had been looking on ebay for Atari lately I most certainly would have found this one. But to answer your question, no there is no way to search pictures, you just gotta eyeball it like everyone else and hope no one else does, but considering this group here, I doubt that happens often. ;)

That's what most of us do. I always check the pictures, especially when they aren't in the description. I guarantee that if I had been looking on ebay for Atari lately I most certainly would have found this one. But to answer your question, no there is no way to search pictures, you just gotta eyeball it like everyone else and hope no one else does, but considering this group here, I doubt that happens often. ;)

Or does it? ;)

2. Where can I get it?

Power seller or whatever, if 1. is no then no one found this auction unless they stumbled on it, i.e. they have no life. A blackberry isn't going to beep unless it somehow recognizes text on a jpeg.

Some sellers here have no life and scour Ebay for hours upon hours a day to get a good baragin for a high resale price. Cheers, FB :cool:

Or does it? ;)

Mayhaps, I know some people have gotten good deals where I'll look and think "Doh, how did I miss that one?"

Then there are those times that I do see them but that awful phrase rears its ugly head - US ONLY! :mad::sad::ponder::_(:rolling:

I can show you one people missed when I get it for sure ;) US ONLY...my two most hated words on EBay. I think I have found the remedy for that though. I do get stuff shipped to members here from the states, but that does not help on the Buy it Now options!!!

2. Where can I get it?

The Blackberry reference was just an example, my point is serious collectors and serious sellers that do this for a big part of there income notice these, text or not. I would bet money at least 10 people here knew about it, if you get lucky and they forget to bid, then you would get it for $50. Otherwise, you didn't miss anything ;)

I wonder how many deals you missed out on

I know of at least one that you missed out on...

Oh, and which would that be? I can hardly miss out on something I was not made aware of until after it ended. Do you have any idea how many thousands of listings there are on ebay with atari as a keyword at any one time? Nobody can catch them all. And yes, I do check out all the bulk lots when I see them. It's common sense. If you see a listing with a photo of a bunch of carts, whether there's a list of the titles in the description or not, you should always click on the listing and look it over. I've got a few 6's and 7's that way that wouldn't have been found in a keyword search.

I often just search the word "Atari", ending soonest, newly listed, closest first and so on. I feel like I got some great deals on ebay this year, both BIN and just on auction. 2010 was the year I started my 7800 collection by winning an auction for over 90% of them, most with the instructions and a few boxed for $175 shipped (No Tank Command but CIB Water Ski!) If I searched my eSnipe history, I would probably see quite a few and that doesn't include the Buy It Now's. ;)

I often just search the word "Atari", ending soonest, newly listed, closest first and so on. I feel like I got some great deals on ebay this year, both BIN and just on auction. 2010 was the year I started my 7800 collection by winning an auction for over 90% of them, most with the instructions and a few boxed for $175 shipped (No Tank Command but CIB Water Ski!) If I searched my eSnipe history, I would probably see quite a few and that doesn't include the Buy It Now's. ;)

That is how I do it as well. Search "atari". Newly listed and ending soonest. Got some amazing deals on Colecovision and A8 carts (that were not listed in the computer section.).

Almost anyone that collects for the 7800 probably saw the Quadrun as those that search 7800 most likely will do a search "atari 7800" and then search the systems category. There are not too many listings in that.

I wonder how many deals you missed out on

I know of at least one that you missed out on...

not made aware of

Precisely what I mean by missed out on.

No, see 'missed out on' means I either knew about it and didn't bid or bid too low and lost. If I don't know about it, how can I miss out on it? Missing out on something implies that you have bad feelings about not getting it. I have no bad feelings because I didn't even know about it, and like I said before, with the thousands of Atari related listings that come and go every day on ebay, it's impossible to know about all of them.