IGNORED

Has anyone admitted to being "Menavision?"

Bartsfam

Hi;

I was curious, afer all of the attention given to "Air Raid," and the EBay auction, did anyone ever come forward and say that they worked for Menavision, or owned the company? Has anyone come forward and admitted to being a programmer, or anything?

Were the roots of the cartridge ever discovered? Was it produced in Taiwan? Mexico? Texas? California?

Does anyone have any solid facts about the company?

Just curious......

• Like 1

Hi;

I was curious, afer all of the attention given to "Air Raid," and the EBay auction, did anyone ever come forward and say that they worked for Menavision, or owned the company? Has anyone come forward and admitted to being a programmer, or anything?

Were the roots of the cartridge ever discovered? Was it produced in Taiwan? Mexico? Texas? California?

Does anyone have any solid facts about the company?

Just curious......

Nope.

Only this:

My father owned a injection molding company in the 70's-90's we were watching the news today and he started laughing He designed the mold and ran 51 parts shipped them out and never reserved payment. it was a test order for a company in Arkansas. He thinks he still has the molds. My father is retired and 74 yrs old. He is the type of man that saves everything, and forgets nothing.

The Name of the Company was Norwood Welding, tool, and die Located at 5312 Carthage Ave. Norwood Oh 45212 My Father Jay Moore was Contracted By Charles Rigdon of Felicity Plastics to create a Die/Mold. My father created, cast, made this mold. When Making a Mold it has to be tested. Dad said that 51 parts would really only be 25 and 1/2 games/carts. The one mold would run both sides of the cart. This test run is sent to the client and the mold is then sent to the injection molding people whom then make the carts. The reason why my father was never paid was not the game peoples fault but was the injection peoples. They told him that the parts were to big and the mold was returned. My fathers says his specs were never a small bit off. But the Client stated he made the cast for the part to large by about an inch. The 51 parts were not returned. I asked dad why the extra 1/2 and he said that there is always 1 extra for quality control. The parts were shipped to Arkansas to a P.O.Box with no name. I found this odd and after reading how skeptic everyone is I asked why would you send these parts to nobody. Dad said that Felicity plastics was where his paycheck came from not whomever else. Thats all the info I got.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

If you look at the Air Raid box (check out the language), it is quite evident that this game was of Taiwanese origin and not simply made in Taiwan on order from the US. I would hazzard a guess and say that Pu Se was ultimately behind MenAvision. Firstly, Pu Se was very secretive about their origins, and often tried to pass themselves off as being a Korean comany. Since they were heavily involved in piracy, as well as developing their own games, they did not want to get involved in legal disputes. Pu Se was involved in Ultravision (evidenced by the bitcorp logo present in the NTSC version of Karate), which again, carried the "Made in Taiwan" statement on their boxes, and also came in T handles. The language on Pu Se game boxes is very similar to the langueage on the Air raid box.

I would say that Pu Se had pirate games, which they never tried to release in the US for fear of litigation, they had the Bitcorp (and maybe Ultravision) brand for their own official releases, and they used the MenAvision brand for hacks (Air Raid was a hack of Space Jockey) since they may have been a little weary of legal action taken over a hack. On the MenAvision box there is a reference to future releases, which may have been other hacks if they were successful in releasing Air Raid with no legal action.

• Like 4

Nope.

Only this:

My father owned a injection molding company in the 70's-90's we were watching the news today and he started laughing He designed the mold and ran 51 parts shipped them out and never reserved payment. it was a test order for a company in Arkansas. He thinks he still has the molds. My father is retired and 74 yrs old. He is the type of man that saves everything, and forgets nothing.

The Name of the Company was Norwood Welding, tool, and die Located at 5312 Carthage Ave. Norwood Oh 45212 My Father Jay Moore was Contracted By Charles Rigdon of Felicity Plastics to create a Die/Mold. My father created, cast, made this mold. When Making a Mold it has to be tested. Dad said that 51 parts would really only be 25 and 1/2 games/carts. The one mold would run both sides of the cart. This test run is sent to the client and the mold is then sent to the injection molding people whom then make the carts. The reason why my father was never paid was not the game peoples fault but was the injection peoples. They told him that the parts were to big and the mold was returned. My fathers says his specs were never a small bit off. But the Client stated he made the cast for the part to large by about an inch. The 51 parts were not returned. I asked dad why the extra 1/2 and he said that there is always 1 extra for quality control. The parts were shipped to Arkansas to a P.O.Box with no name. I found this odd and after reading how skeptic everyone is I asked why would you send these parts to nobody. Dad said that Felicity plastics was where his paycheck came from not whomever else. Thats all the info I got.

8)

It seems like I missed something - what's the source of the above comments?

I wonder how many carts were actually made. I can't believe they'd go through all that trouble of making boxes, carts, boards for only a 50 or 25 piece run. Besides in the pictures the halves don't look to be symetrical since theres a screw on one side so each side would've been unique. I had always thought the company was formed by the remnants of the defunct Apollo Games and was based in Grand Prarie, TX, but now I'm don't really believe that anymore.

Although the paperwork was, I don't think the plastics were made in Taiwan.

The shape just looks too different from Taiwanese T-handles.

And what about theat Oak company from the circuit board?

8)

So why would an American mob commission the Taiwanese to prepare their paperwork? Must be because their Engrishes are so much better :D

Those plastics are totally different from anything made anywhere. Maybe they were made in the US. This was probably a limited release run to test the market to see whether it was worth releasing more hacks into the market (and maybe to test the legal waters) so it may have been easier to have the carts made in the US. And Pu Se probably wanted a different cart style to their other releases anyway so that there would be no connection to them ;)

And what about theat Oak company from the circuit board?

Oak was a very large supplier of circuit boards during that time frame. Even some VCS circuit boards were made by them. I very much doubt that they would still have records going that far back of who all of their customers were, and even if they did, you would have a very difficult time figuring out which order was the Air Raid board. I'm not even sure if Oak made the completed boards, or merely the fiberglass and resin core layer, and another company put on the copper layers and did the final etch/mask/silkscreen/etc. steps.

OK I guess it's time to come out of the closet about Menavision. LOL! I was behind it all. I made it as a science fair project when I was in the first grade. I programed it on a home computer I built in preschool. Hacking Space Jockey only came in to play when I started to run out of time for the science fair. Unfortunately I got second place with my entry only because the kid that won with an all wood working lawnmower had an uncle on the judges pannel!

OK I guess it's time to come out of the closet about Menavision. LOL! I was behind it all. I made it as a science fair project when I was in the first grade. I programed it on a home computer I built in preschool. Hacking Space Jockey only came in to play when I started to run out of time for the science fair. Unfortunately I got second place with my entry only because the kid that won with an all wood working lawnmower had an uncle on the judges pannel!

Now that's what I was looking for. COLD HARD FACTS!!!

• Like 1

I wonder how many carts were actually made. I can't believe they'd go through all that trouble of making boxes, carts, boards for only a 50 or 25 piece run. Besides in the pictures the halves don't look to be symetrical since theres a screw on one side so each side would've been unique. I had always thought the company was formed by the remnants of the defunct Apollo Games and was based in Grand Prarie, TX, but now I'm don't really believe that anymore.

Why do you feel that it was formed by ex-Apollo employees?

Why do you feel that it was formed by ex-Apollo employees?

Because he's confusing Men-a-Vision with VentureVision.

Yes I was confused. I still find the back story on Men-o-Vision very intriguing and hope that more will eventually come out.

I'm of the opinion, however, the guy's story about his dad making the molds for the carts is bogus.

• Like 1