IGNORED

EOTB Release information

EricDeLee

The owners cared enough to update it for AD&D-v3 rules about 10 years ago and release it for the GBA.

10 years ago... And just for the GBA, which is technically still a viable platform because the newer DS models still support it. How about a dead platform like the Lynx? I think not. Pretty much abandonware at this point.

... but I am assuming a loose cart may be around $75 shipped or something like that.

OUCH! :o

I guess I could see when it was a limited edition only but $75 for a loose, unlimited run? How come so much? Are the parts just crazy expensive for the battery save or something? I hope I don't sound like an asshole here...I don't mean to be, I am just a little surprised it's $75 for a loose game :?

Don't fret... I haven't decided on a price 100%

Note... the price at one time was $100 for a loose cart and then $200 for a special edition.

I considered the $75 price as well...

It is looking to be a lot less in the long run. :) Trust me... I'm working on being cheaper! :)

Please don't fret... you will be happy in the long run I think!

I hear you, I just see games like Zaku (CIB homebrew programmed from Scratch) selling for $40 and other proto release like Relief Pitcher/Hot Dog selling in the $35 range and wonder why this one is so expensive? I know you need to recoup the cost of the proto/boxes/battery saves/etc.. but $75 for a loose cart makes me say..Daaaayyymmmmm! :P

On a seperate note....

Just a thought here Eric...

You are releasing a FULL version of this game right now but not actually selling it until Spring or whenever. Are you sure thats a good idea? I know it's a good idea to raise some of the start up costs/etc.. but who's to stop someone else from making there own EOTB cartridges and selling them? Since it's not really anyones property, well, not anyone making repros of it, couldn't one of the other Lynx proto repro guys on Ebay buy it and sell there own copies? Just saying you might be taking a gamble here by doing this. Unless there is something special on the BETA that prevents this from being possible?

• Like 1

I hear what you are saying CC....

The prices will be lower... I've been working on that for a while. :)

Single cart (loose... but possibly still with a manual) looks to be about $55-60 shipped.

Boxed version... looks like I'll be going with $65-70

Which is a much better price than the original thread a year or two ago.

Also note... there are cheaper games available out there... but there haven't been any like this being produced with the save feature and everything. Not too many that is. The general price has been $49 for years. I just added a bit extra as it is more labor, more parts, more time consuming... etc. Regardless... Like I mentioned... it is cheaper than originally planned. Much cheaper!

As for the release... I think it may come sooner then I originally planned.

:)

Edited by EricDeLee

You are releasing a FULL version of this game right now but not actually selling it until Spring or whenever. Are you sure thats a good idea? I know it's a good idea to raise some of the start up costs/etc.. but who's to stop someone else from making there own EOTB cartridges and selling them? Since it's not really anyones property, well, not anyone making repros of it, couldn't one of the other Lynx proto repro guys on Ebay buy it and sell there own copies? Just saying you might be taking a gamble here by doing this. Unless there is something special on the BETA that prevents this from being possible?

The vast majority of prototype games found, and published/sold, are being sold by people who don't actually have the rights to the IP (at least this is the case with most of the other Atari consoles/computer systems.) I guess what's keeping someone from dumping it and selling or giving away the ROM, is just our community ethics and respect for the people digging up these prototypes and making them available to the rest of us.

Where I see a "problem", is when people start making a profit based on someone else's work-which doesn't happen that often I'm sure.

• Like 2

I guess what's keeping someone from dumping it and selling or giving away the ROM, is just our community ethics and respect for the people digging up these prototypes and making them available to the rest of us.

Are all the guys that sell Lynx prototype reproductions on Ebay involved in the community here? I was unaware of that, I'm just a casual Lynx guy. I figured if one of those guys gets a hold of this game, months before it is available to the public whats stopping them from selling there own copies of the game first? If that happens I think Eric could lose a lot of sales. If they are all down with the respect and ethics of the scene though I guess it's not a concern.

• Like 1

I guess what's keeping someone from dumping it and selling or giving away the ROM, is just our community ethics and respect for the people digging up these prototypes and making them available to the rest of us.

Are all the guys that sell Lynx prototype reproductions on Ebay involved in the community here? I was unaware of that, I'm just a casual Lynx guy. I figured if one of those guys gets a hold of this game, months before it is available to the public whats stopping them from selling there own copies of the game first? If that happens I think Eric could lose a lot of sales. If they are all down with the respect and ethics of the scene though I guess it's not a concern.

I kind of agree. If someone here bought the game from me (a pre-release) and then turned around and made a dump and got it working (remember... it took a while to get all of this planned out)... and then the community found out that someone here turned around and sold copies of it, even though a release was on the way: Ask yourself... would you want to deal with that type of person on AtariAge?

I think it is safe at this point. A release is coming... do doubt about it. I'm excited about it and others are as well.

If someone wants to try to side-track it... they would have a lot of angry people ready to pounce on him. lol

• Like 2

I kind of agree. If someone here bought the game from me (a pre-release) and then turned around and made a dump and got it working (remember... it took a while to get all of this planned out)... and then the community found out that someone here turned around and sold copies of it, even though a release was on the way: Ask yourself... would you want to deal with that type of person on AtariAge?

I think it is safe at this point. A release is coming... do doubt about it. I'm excited about it and others are as well.

If someone wants to try to side-track it... they would have a lot of angry people ready to pounce on him. lol

so what will be the difference between the final version sold here and the "demo" being sold at Good Deal Games? Just curious

Edited by swlovinist

I know nobody on Atariage would do it, thats not what I was talking about ;) I was more talking about the other Ebay sellers/random internet sites that sell Prototype reproductions. If they are all cool than nothing to worry about. If they are not and all of a sudden next month there are floods of EOTB playable proto reproductions for sale on Ebay, before yours is available, well it would probably hurt your sales. Thats all I was getting at. I'm not saying anyone here would do it :)

so what will be the difference between the final version sold here and the "demo" being sold at Good Deal Games? Just curious

As The Laird mentioned... the demo is a slideshow of a few screenshots. Perhaps 10 screenshots. It is not worth the money.... unless you have to have it for your collection. But to me, it is not even work the board that you have to buy for the game.

With that said... the one thing about it: It shows you exactly what this will look like on real hardware.

I think that ROM is available... you should be able to upload it to any Flashcart to check it all out on real hardware.

funny... Harry mentioned he was thinking about releasing a version (about 20 of them) when i met him at a MI meeting. the idea was to sell them for $125 each...yet he knew i was releasing this.

so... i have plenty to say about this...but i will reserve the comments for later. this is wrong though and I was waiting for someone else to throw out the 3rd party name that was involved. i just did not think he would stoop to PS509/chris lynx type of behavior.

this is low...very low. i know NOTHING was sold in september... otherwise people would have talked about it by now. this is a bold face lie.

• Like 7

There are a few Protos out there in existence... There are also a few Reproductions that Harry made years ago. Some people were lucky to get one, and for the most part everyone kept there copies and the game has not really changed hands. Tempest sold a proto a few years back... and I was eyeballing that proto but had a wedding to plan for so I passed on it. That one exchanged hands twice.

All of the 'versions' appear to be the same. I haven't seen any evidence that the gameplay is different or that there are differences. My version... simply put... its the complete game experience all Lynx fans were hoping for. This version that Chris has for sale? I believe it is the same. If it is from Harry... it is the same. One of the questions to really ask: Who all is involved with this release? More info a few months back: Chris attacking without knowledge of the situation.... There are other posts as well... and other places where he flat out told everyone that the release was not going to happen. The comical part... one time when he did that... I had literally just finished making an EOTB Lynx cart for a member on the site that was testing the Beta Version.

The feud between Chris and I is public knowledge. You make a vulgar reference to my family/wife (sexual in nature) when we are talking business... I write you off. Plain and simple. I don't deal with people that are unprofessional. I'm all about having fun... but you can do it responsibly.

I ask that everyone do what they wish... but keep in mind who you are dealing with when you talk to him. I have no clue about Lance at Video 61... could be a great guy. All I do know is that I have not contacted him... except when I ordered a game a while back. Other than that... I really didn't have a purpose.

So... that's pretty much it in a nutshell. What I do know is that if your name is tied to this release... the timing of this is wrong and not responsible as community member. There are a ton of great Lynx Members here and elsewhere. I know of someone that canceled their Flashcard release due to someone else already starting up the production of one (the main one that is available for sale now). I think that was a very good show of Class. Chris posting here is the exact opposite. He even tries to deny that he doesn't know about this release... or for that matter... even my name.

I thought the guy was banned though... what the heck?

• Like 2

There are a few Protos out there in existence... There are also a few Reproductions that Harry made years ago. Some people were lucky to get one, and for the most part everyone kept there copies and the game has not really changed hands. Tempest sold a proto a few years back... and I was eyeballing that proto but had a wedding to plan for so I passed on it. That one exchanged hands twice.

All of the 'versions' appear to be the same. I haven't seen any evidence that the gameplay is different or that there are differences. My version... simply put... its the complete game experience all Lynx fans were hoping for. This version that Chris has for sale? I believe it is the same. If it is from Harry... it is the same.

Harris and your version were completly identical ... before the "patch". :-)