IGNORED

Christmas Carol: Just released!

DZ-Jay

Hmmmm. This won't play on my iPad? :( I'll have to try on my PC. The still image looks awesome though, can't wait to play this.

Hum... I just confirmed the same.

I believe that the iPad does not download videos to play automatically. The web site must support HTML5 video or something like that.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

It's coming. Sorry guys, I know I keep promising (it's been almost a full year now), but it's coming along. The "Practice Mode" menu is the last major feature of the game. From here on, it's just "spit n' polish," that's graphics, sounds, and music.

Almost there!

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No hurry, you can't rush greatness. kiss_ass.gif

I apologize again, but there's more delays now. Considering that I almost missed Christmas last year for working on the "demo" release of the game, this year I will ease up on the development effort during December so as to enjoy time with my family and friends.

Because of this, and because I haven't had much chance to work on the game lately, I'm very sorry to say that it will not make it for Christmas. :(

However, the project is not frozen at all--I am working on it, it's just slow progress, so it will be released soon!

So, what's up with Carol?

• "Practice Mode" is complete, with scrolling menu to select any level and difficulty ranking.
  • All 8 stages are ready, including a "Boss Level" and end-game.
  • Beta testing is ongoing with great feedback from testers.
  • The entire game, from start to end, is feature-complete. It's only missing some sound effects, and a couple of the animation sequences introducing the levels.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and patience. I very much hope you all enjoy playing the game as much as I have loved working on it.

And just as a taste of what's to come, attached is a video of the new "Practice Mode" menu in action. I think it looks nice and I'm very proud of it. :)

Enjoy!

-dZ.

Carol - Menu Test.mov

so, will you release it this winter or spring, depending when it is complete? or wait until next christmas?

i dont think people care when it is released, just as long as you release it!!!!

cart, right?

:grin:

Wait! Let me be clear: It'll be released when it's done. It would have been very cool and all if it were released during Christmas Time, but I'm not waiting till next time around. It's coming out, and soon!

In cart, of course. Box-ed, overlay-ed, and printed manual-ed. :)

-dZ.

so, will you release it this winter or spring, depending when it is complete? or wait until next christmas?

i dont think people care when it is released, just as long as you release it!!!!

cart, right?

Wait! Let me be clear: It'll be released when it's done. It would have been very cool and all if it were released during Christmas Time, but I'm not waiting till next time around. It's coming out, and soon!

-dZ.

Excellent news! Although I can't view the video on my iPad. :(

cart, right?

-dZ.

Yeah, for some reason the iPad won't play videos when accessed directly (like it does with music) as downloads. Try the following link.

-dZ.

This game is really cool. I've never owned an Intellivision (and actually never really played anything on the console, other than Frog Bog abck when I was a kid). However, I may consider getting one just for this game.

-B

Wow, shucks! If you guys keep it up with the praise, I'll end up missing another Christmas, and probably losing a wife!

-dZ.

cart, right?

-dZ.

Yeah, for some reason the iPad won't play videos when accessed directly (like it does with music) as downloads. Try the following link.

-dZ.

Excellent, thanks! Looks really good, can't wait!

This game is really cool. I've never owned an Intellivision (and actually never really played anything on the console, other than Frog Bog abck when I was a kid). However, I may consider getting one just for this game.

-B

Brian, this certainly is a great reason to get an INTV but there are definitely lots of other games you'll enjoy too! Get one! :)

Edited by cmart604

-B

Brian, this certainly is a great reason to get an INTV but there are definitely lots of other games you'll enjoy too? Get one! :)

Yeah! Get one anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

-dZ.

Cool, where will you release it? Intelligentvision or Left Turn Only or perhaps your own special label?

Left Turn Only.

Does Left Turn Only have a site, I seen the old page for Space Patrol. Joe should make a site!

-dZ.

Cool, where will you release it? Intelligentvision or Left Turn Only or perhaps your own special label?

Left Turn Only.

Does Left Turn Only have a site, I seen the old page for Space Patrol. Joe should make a site!

I think there's a site but it's rarely updated. Like you noticed, it was last updated to promote Space Patrol.

I'll work with Joe on promotion material once the game is completed (or very close to it) and we have a definite target release date. I've even purchased some domain names for the game, but haven't worked on them yet.

Even the "official" Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents site has not been updated since I released the last "demo" version, almost a year ago!

Don't you worry--I will make sure to announce to everybody whenever there's anything ready. You won't miss it, I promise. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...