IGNORED

Kaz Compo 2010

Philsan

I inform the few people that don't visit Atari Online that you can vote the best 10 2010 games (first position 10 points, second 9 points...) here:

LINK

Videos of all games

If you prefer, you can vote in this thread.

Last editions results:

Kolony 2106

Nightshade

Ghastly Night

(I want to mention Tempest Xtreem, only 5th place because a commercial product - not everyone could play with it).

Bomb Jack

Hobgoblin

Knight Lore

Yoomp!

Crownland

Mindblast

Flowers Mania

Klony

Nibbly

If I can vote here, then my top 3 in order are:

1-Ocean Detox

2-H3x0r Deluxe

3-Quadrillion

In the past years Chris counted AA votes too.

I don't know if it is OK to give only 3 votes instead of 10.

My Polish isn't good enough to understand all the rules. icon_mrgreen.gif

Anyway, all Atari Online users (apart one) have given 10 votes.

And my votes are:

10 points: His Dark Majesty

09 points: Ocean Detox

08 points: Jewel Bits

07 points: Diamondz

06 points: Klony 2010

05 points: H3x0r Deluxe

04 points: Yie Ar Kung Fu

03 points: Little 15

02 points: Warsaw City

01 points: Dr. Mario

Edited by snicklin

And my votes are:

10 points: His Dark Majesty

09 points: Ocean Detox

08 points: Jewel Bits

07 points: Diamondz

06 points: Klony 2010

05 points: H3x0r Deluxe

04 points: Yie Ar Kung Fu

03 points: Little 15

02 points: Warsaw City

01 points: Dr. Mario

Hm... I think we should make a rule ;)

Give it a Ranking or Points.

To me it looks like a ranking "vote".

Or we say

Place 1 = 10 Point

Place 10 = 1Point

?

We had this discussion last year I remember! With me listing it from 10 points and downwards, I hope it's clear where my points go. Oh well, whichever way, as long as I get my point across, His Dark Majesty gets 1st place for me.

Sorry to anyone else's game that I didn't give the top mark, I know that everyone has worked really hard with their software, but we all have personal tastes in gaming. Anyhow, if you're on the above list, you've got a point, 30 something other games didn't get a point, some were very close though....!

Technically I thought that Milk Nuts was a very good game, though I'm not a fan of that style of game.

Edited by snicklin

Only one day left to vote...

10 points to Jewel Bits

09 points to ocean detox

08 points to Dr. Mario

07 points to H3x0r Deluxe

06 points to Diamondz

05 points to Little 15

04 points to Atalan Sokoban

03 points to Atalan The Snake

02 points to Apple Invaders

01 points to Pasjans

Jewel Bits, Ocean Detox and Dr. Mario are the only three games I keep playing, even a few months after their release. Definately Jewel Bits. I LOVE that one!

Greetz

M.

Philsan - thank you very much for creating this thread. I was very busy recently and couldn't open it myself to inform AtariAge community. All votes from this topic will be counted in. Let me answer some questions and doubts:

I don't know if it is OK to give only 3 votes instead of 10.

Yes, it is okey. However, only people who voted fully (for ten games) are taking part in prize drawing. It should motivate to vote for 10 games :).

Mimo - If you wish you can add 7 missing titles to your list, we will count them too.

My Polish isn't good enough to understand all the rules.

Rules are as simply as possible:

1. We vote for the best Atari game published in 2010. There are some doubts about "what is Atari game" (VBXE issue), "when game program is finished" ("TLC" issue) and "when game was published" (old games first time published after years), but I permit as many games as posibble to compo. Why? Because I believe that people should decide themselves which game should be disqualificated, which is okey.

2. Everyone can vote here, on AtariOnline.pl or AtariArea, vote can be also send by email to me. If person's knickname is not registered on AtariAge, AtariOnline ora AtariArea and I don't recognize it from another places - I try to confirm existance of person. If confirmation is not possible - I don't count vote in.

3. Everyone can vote for every game, even authors or/and publishers can vote for their own game. I believe that people will not overuse it and vote for the best game, not for "my game".

4. You can vote for top ten or less games. First place on the list will get 10 points, second - 9 points... tenth - 1 point. All points are added up.

5. There is no money prizes (since 2008 edition) because people didn't send me accounts numbers, didn't want prizes, etc. All money from previous editions was spend for charity purpose (Polish doctors' foundation established to cover medical treatments for poor children). Actual prizes in compo are: prestige and proud :). Moreover, winners can use compo logo - gold, silver or brown.

6. Deadline for voting: tonight at midnight. Please hurry up!

There is a playlist on YT prepared by George. Use it if you'd like to remind all titles without playing them:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9C728B20C6A62801

I didn't play all the games but of those I did I scored them:

10 points to Jewel Bits

09 points to Gwobby

08 points to Diamondz

07 points to Dr Mario

06 points to Chopin 2010

05 points to Robix

04 points to H3x0r Deluxe

03 points to Milk & Nuts

02 points to Ocean Detox

01 points to Atalan The Snake

Jewel Bits was easily my favourite and is a game I really enjoy playing :)

I never expected that a game like "His Dark Majesty" would ever been made for the Atari 8bit.

Well, good.

Now we have to make a time-machine and take all those new games back to 1983. Then C-64 and MSX are losing the war, and Atari will replace IBM and Microsoft in the future....

And then i awake in my bed.... was it a just a dream ?!

Anyhow, well done, to the team who programmed/made "His Dark Majesty". A big honours por vous! Domo agregatto!

mmmm....

Kaz, I think there are a lot of tastes on list votes, and maybe this can cause unfair order on the first 10 places.

Maybe it could be a good idea to do a second round of votes with the first 10 places. ;)

However, as you send the official results, it could be done as a unofficial test in order to study the results.

Edited by Allas