IGNORED

WTB/TF: Lego lots

RJ

OK, the Lego bug has (re)bitten me after many yrs & wanna expand my collection. Looking for Lego lots, seen 'em on eBay but they're a bit costly, would like to do trades for my games/systems &/or cash.

Plate pieces, Space Legos/minifigures & "normal" bricks wanted. Minimal teeth/bite marks please!

If you wish to trade items/items I prefer domestic (US) shipping only.

Edited by RJ

Yes I was looking into certain pieces from the Space Cruiser (#487) & the Alpha-1 Rocket Base (#483). I especially need more grey wing pieces. I can send you a list via PM if you'd like. I could take it all off your hands too, depending on your collection size.

Seems Lego lots are going for $6-10 per pound on eBay, Id like to pay a little less than that.

I have found Lego bricks retain "value" like a honda. If you are looking to piece out sets or get individual bricks the best place to look is www.bricklink.com

You can put set numbers in and it will part out the set and you can then search through "stores" for the parts you need.

@S1500- dont really want the technic sets now, starting my kidds out on them would be too much for them to handle. They have tons of Duplo & know about the smaller, regular Legos I have.

@doyman- that's what I tell my wife, that you can never have too many Legos since when (if ever) you finally get rid of them you can likely get back nearly what you paid.

& hey, thanks for the bricklink link! I think I put it to good use.

Edited by RJ

I knew I had one box of stuff handy so I grabbed it... this is some of what was inside... not much of my space sets but some stuff to look at anyway. Let me know what ya think.

post-6245-129481357928_thumb.jpgpost-6245-129481358723_thumb.jpg

These 2 sets must have been a couple of the first I ever got in the space theme... I must have lost the boxes as I was so overjoyed with the Space stuff as a kid! (And the ziplock baggies have cracked from years of sitting. Go figure!?!?)

post-6245-129481359513_thumb.jpg

Some of the smaller sets I have... gotta love the Shell sets! I think the top one was the first Lego set I ever recall getting.

post-6245-129481360124_thumb.jpg

Here is one of the last Space sets (perhaps THE last) I ever got... Lego started to go on the decline after that... I remember getting a castle set and that was about the end of my Lego days....

.... well until Star Wars lego started up! I had every set from the first 4 or 5 years... spent thousands of dollars on them. The I sold most of it on Ebay and pretty well doubled my money! I wish I still had those sets though... I suppose I can always start buying those again! ;)

Anyway... I have another box or two of boxed sets to find. We moved a year ago and I'm still finding stuff. lol

Let me know what interests you.

Edited by King_Salamon

I went to that website you suggested peeron... and when I was looking at my sets, there is someone selling their's for $150.. I'd be happy with $75 and shipping. Of course, I would need to spend some time and go through the set to ensure all the parts are included. I put that set away over 20 years ago so I'd want to make sure everything was accounted for.

That peeron site is quite awesome! I'll use it to verify my other sets are complete and then I can consider selling them as well. I have another box of lego sets in the box and the wife mentioned she saw them so I can post more space sets in the next day or so... or sooner if you're interested in seeing more. Let me know.

I'm not 100% sure if it detaches completely but it does open up to drop something I believe... I'd have to look at the box. It's been years since I've touched the thing. lol

I do remember always wanting another huge ship that came out before this one and it was the most amazing space ship ever! lol I'd have to find the set number... I remember having a dream on Christmas eve thinking I woke up and got it for Christmas! Then I woke up and never did get it. lol Man I remember that dream like it was yesterday. I got so much cool stuff as a kid so I would never complain but the dream seemed soooo real... ahh the good ol days eh?

I do remember always wanting another huge ship that came out before this one and it was the most amazing space ship ever!

Heh, that would have to be the Galaxy Explorer. An older ship, set #928. Is it crazy I recall all this stuff?

As promised... here are some more pics of the other sets I found in box number 2. There is another box but I have yet to locate it. lol

This is a mix of items including my final set (The Castle) from the mid 80's. Ahh... the glory days! lol

Enjoy!

post-6245-129506376218_thumb.jpgpost-6245-129506376716_thumb.jpgpost-6245-129506377372_thumb.jpg

Edited by King_Salamon