IGNORED

Playing XBOX 360 OffLine

GrizzLee

Moycon - GrizzLee..... Am I missing something here?

Are you saying that when you go into the network settings menu, there is NO "Enable/Disable" network connection button? You mean, that to turn off the internet connection, you have to DELETE the network connection settings (including WEP key) and then re-enter them completely again (including WEP key) the next time you want to connect thru the internal WiFi?

If the above is what you are saying, that sounds about as archaic as stone knives and bearskins!!!

I don't own the Xbox360 "S" model so I have no idea what the settings menu looks like, but both my Wii and PS3 have simple "Enable/Disable" buttons for the network connection and I can't believe MS would make you delete a network connection setting just to turn off the network connection.

Mendon

Yes, an oversight on the part of MS.

There are those who carry their WEP key in their hip pocket and probably still love the old DOS Edlin function as well... the true geeks among us (they probably like slide rules over digital calculators as well... that is if you are old enough to know what those are). I'm a bit more progressive. A simple switch in software is all that is needed IMHO and isn't that big of deal for a company like MS to implement (I am sure they have their reasons for not doing so (corporate bussiness case) and I am certain that it has nothing to do with stoneage technology. I personally know a few of their engineers... they are very bright folks).

If I was playing with my Vic 20 or Com 64, I can put with such nonsense. However, in this day and age, it is unacceptable.

-GrizzLee

Moycon - GrizzLee..... Am I missing something here?

Are you saying that when you go into the network settings menu, there is NO "Enable/Disable" network connection button? You mean, that to turn off the internet connection, you have to DELETE the network connection settings (including WEP key) and then re-enter them completely again (including WEP key) the next time you want to connect thru the internal WiFi?

If the above is what you are saying, that sounds about as archaic as stone knives and bearskins!!!

I don't own the Xbox360 "S" model so I have no idea what the settings menu looks like, but both my Wii and PS3 have simple "Enable/Disable" buttons for the network connection and I can't believe MS would make you delete a network connection setting just to turn off the network connection.

Mendon

Yes, an oversight on the part of MS.

There are those who carry their WEP key in their hip pocket and probably still love the old DOS Edlin function as well... the true geeks among us (they probably like slide rules over digital calculators as well... that is if you are old enough to know what those are). I'm a bit more progressive. A simple switch in software is all that is needed IMHO and isn't that big of deal for a company like MS to implement (I am sure they have their reasons for not doing so (corporate bussiness case) and I am certain that it has nothing to do with stoneage technology. I personally know a few of their engineers... they are very bright folks).

If I was playing with my Vic 20 or Com 64, I can put with such nonsense. However, in this day and age, it is unacceptable.

-GrizzLee

And functionality like this may very well come along soon. Before the last dashboard update you had an option to boot from disk or to go into the dashboard (even though there was a disk in your console) when you turned it on. Then with last years dashboard update, that option went away. Yesterday's update brought it back. So you really never know, and there's likely a thousand other variables that effect things like this.

I swear that you used to be able to simply enable/disable wireless without going through the process you're talking about here, but I can't remember for sure. Who knows, maybe something happened like the above described 'boot from disc' option.

The only time I had issues with the Xbox 360 other than the red rings was the last dashboard update. It was painfully slow navigating.

Not everyone experienced it but me and my friend did who lives about 60 miles away. It only lasted for a few days and then everything was back to normal.

Other than the date bug and yellow lights on the PS3 I also havent had any issues playing online. Any and all updates though take several years to finish.

You can log out of live easy enough, just go over and select your user (or use the start button if your in a game) and "connect/disconnect to Xbox live" is one of the options on that menu. You can also set the login to default as off, so it never logs in unless you tell it to...though I thin you have to do that from the system menu.

I must be clueless. I don't see what you are talking about. In chosing my profile I see no connect/disconnect option.

As far as I can tell, turnining logon as defualt off, just means that it won't log you on as a user. Once I choose my profile, it is automatically logging me in.

If there is a way to provide screen shots? I'm not seeing anyway to disconnect from live on the dashboard.

-GrizzLee

I mean while you are logged into your avitar (or whatever you want to call it) From the dash you can go to the "my xbox" level (the one with "open disc tray/play game" as it's first option) go over to your character and select it, "disconnect from live" is one of your options. As I said, you can hit the big "X" (media?) button while in a game and it also has a "disconnect from live" option.

From the dash you can go to the "my xbox" level (the one with "open disc tray/play game" as it's first option) go over to your character and select it, "disconnect from live" is one of your options.

Did you actually go to your dash and verify this information is correct? (I did)

Disabling your internet connection simply isn't an option regardless where you go on the dash or on the blades.

You might be thinking about disconnecting your profile from Live. That is indeed possible, but doesn't help out in this situation.