IGNORED

Dreamcast Collection

Zeptari

Anyone else excited for this? I know i am.

I hear it's coming out Feb 22nd for $30.

the 4 games are sonic adventure, crazy taxi,

sega bass fishing and space channel 5.

I wonder how their gonna dish out the achievements

in this collection... 4x200=800 points...

i wonder if there's a hidden 5th game?

What sega published game would you want

the hidden 5th game to be?

i vote for toy commander, i loved that game..

-rick

I want Fighting Vipers 2. Never released in America so i think alot of people missed out on it.

This.

I've recently sworn off fighters, but I've wanted Fighting Vipers 2 for a long time, so I'd make an exception for it.

A long time ago, I used to regularly bid on the game whenever it came up on ebay. I finally came in as high bidder on one and the seller never replied to my e-mails and relisted the game instead.

Seriously, this collection sucks. :thumbsdown:

If you can get excited about this I guess you can get excited about anything. Why not just use the money to get a used Dreamcast? Then you can choose what games to play on your own.

I guess because a used dreamcast+vmu+these 4 games will cost me more then $30.

It's a cheap investment to experience the dramcast again..

If I didn't sell off my dreamcast collection years ago I wouldn't need this,

but I'm in a sega kick these days. And this collection will bring back that special

time of owning one... Yes i wish it had more games. Maybe we'll see a 2nd collection

later this year. Or a bigger one in a few years...

-rick

Seriously, this collection sucks. :thumbsdown:

If you can get excited about this I guess you can get excited about anything. Why not just use the money to get a used Dreamcast? Then you can choose what games to play on your own.

I guess because a used dreamcast+vmu+these 4 games will cost me more then $30.

It's a cheap investment to experience the dramcast again..

If I didn't sell off my dreamcast collection years ago I wouldn't need this,

but I'm in a sega kick these days. And this collection will bring back that special

time of owning one... Yes i wish it had more games. Maybe we'll see a 2nd collection

later this year. Or a bigger one in a few years...

-rick

I recently got 2 Dreamcasts, 3 controllers, and 2 vmu's on eBay for $30.00

I did have to pay shipping also but it was quite reasonable.

And we all know there are, let's say cost effective ways, of getting Dreamcast games.

I'd buy this if they gave us decent games, but this collection is a f*%#ing joke.

Sorry, epic fail...

I love Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi, that would be reason enough to own it for me. Seriously Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 are the only reasons I still even have a dreamcast.

The other two games I know nothing of, and can't really say how I feel about them, never played them, maybe i'll love it.

Did Sega say the games were going to be 200 points each? There's no reason I can think of that they couldn't be 250 each...

I agree with rxd. This collection is pretty lackluster. Sonic Adventure and Crazi Taxi are, of course, great, but they could have put better games than Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 on there. A better release would have been:

Sonic Adventure

Crazi Taxi

Virtua Tennis

Soul Calibur

The thing is, they are probably holding back some of the good games so that they can release a second collection disc down the road, but if this one doesn't sell well then it will be the only release.

Chris

Sonic Adventure

Crazi Taxi

Virtua Tennis

Soul Calibur

Chris

I dunno...3 of the 4 games you mentioned are already available on the Live Marketplace.

If I could only pick 4 first party games to be on a Dreamcast collection I'd maybe pick....

Skies of Arcadia

Shenmue

Confidential Mission

Alien Front

Skies of Acadia would have added a lot of value to this type of collection. If the games actually on this disc were added to SoA and Chu Chu Rocket, then I'd get it.

I mentioned this in another thread about this DC Collection and I'll say it again: if people are saying that they think this compilation is awful because it only has 4 games, then in my opinion you need to re-think that. These games are only from the last console generation. Sega, or any other developer for that matter, is not going to package up 10+ games (a la Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection) and sell it for $30. Heck, didn't Nintendo sell 'Wii-enabled' versions of Pikmin, etc. for $30? That's only one title from their last-gen system, and quite frankly adding waggle controls doesn't do a whole lot to justify that price (especially considering that you can actually play the GC version on Wii).

I can totally respect it if someone doesn't like the titles being offered though. But there is a pretty good breadth of gameplay types presented, which is really nice.

Edited by Metal Ghost

And we all know there are, let's say cost effective ways, of getting Dreamcast games.

I'd buy this if they gave us decent games, but this collection is a f*%#ing joke.

Sorry, epic fail...

Epic fail?

Your idea consists of

1. assuming this eBay offer is available to everyone.

2. having to go on eBay and bidding

3. Assuming you won it at a low price, or winning in general.

4. having to pay shipping

5. Having to wait for it in the mail

6. Having to find an open input on your TV

7. Assuming all the hardware/discs work

8. an extra Dreamcast.

Uh, no, just buying it off of the marketplace is MUCH easier for the masses.

Sorry, epic fail...

Epic fail?

Your idea consists of

1. assuming this eBay offer is available to everyone.

2. having to go on eBay and bidding

3. Assuming you won it at a low price, or winning in general.

4. having to pay shipping

5. Having to wait for it in the mail

6. Having to find an open input on your TV

7. Assuming all the hardware/discs work

8. an extra Dreamcast.

Uh, no, just buying it off of the marketplace is MUCH easier for the masses.

Of course, that would be assuming said game was even available on the marketplace. If your Dreamcast works, getting the disc is certainly an option that may not be available to people stuck with marketplace..

I much rather use my Dreamcast and the original GD-rom disk, things just seem to work much better on the actual system then it does on 360. plus you have a heck of a lot better library to choose from then what is offered.

I wont be buying these on live, i will stick with original hardware, i am not going to pay again just to have what i already own. to me that is much easier.

The only thing in this collection worth a damn is Crazy Taxi and space channel 5, the others are not in my opinion. i do already have all 4 games for my DC

Edited by madmax2069

I much rather use my Dreamcast and the original GD-rom disk, things just seem to work much better on the actual system then it does on 360. plus you have a heck of a lot better library to choose from then what is offered.

I wont be buying these on live, i will stick with original hardware, i am not going to pay again just to have what i already own. to me that is much easier.

The only thing in this collection worth a damn is Crazy Taxi and space channel 5, the others are not in my opinion. i do already have all 4 games for my DC

I agree, but I would question whether this type of collection is even mean for someone who already has the games on the original console. I mean, yea, why would you buy this?? But for those who don't own a DC and the game, then it quite frankly makes sense and is a heck of a lot easier (and is probably as cost effective) as buying original hardware and GD-Roms.

I own Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on cartridge for N64. So no, I didn't re-purchase those on XBLA. Same idea here.

I own Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on cartridge for N64. So no, I didn't re-purchase those on XBLA. Same idea here.

At least with the Nintendo 64 ports you have enhanced elements, for instance in Perfect Dark, it runs at 60fps versus the 15 or 20 (tops) of the N64 version. That was reason enough for me to buy it again.

For these Dreamcast releases, well.. I suppose it could theoretically be OK for people that don't have the originals. But one of the biggest things is here is that these games are all available in better collections (or revisions) elsewhere. Sonic Adventure? They would have been better off perhaps making a Sonic Adventure collection (Sonic Adventure DX for the Game Cube and Sonic Adventure 2, perhaps). With Crazy Taxi, there was already a Crazy Taxi trilogy released for the original XBOX. Why not just port that one over? There is also a Space Channel collection for the PS2. How hard would that have been to bring that over to the modern consoles? And lastly, Sega Bass fishing? They could have easily done a Bass fishing bundle there (Sega Bass fishing and Marine Fishing bundle, perhaps?). I don't know, compared to the possibilities and what was previously available on not just the Dreamcast, this seems like a cop-out.