IGNORED

So I went to Chuck.e.cheese for the first time in 20+ years

Crazy Climber

I've no kids, so I couldn't even hit a CEC if I wanted to. The one I know that still stands in the TC is on Robert Street. A friend of the family works there(or at least used to). She gave me some tokens once when I stopped there. This was several years ago around when MK2 was in the arcades. Sadly, it was 99% ticket redemption machines.

So if you're a non-parent, it's not an option. Your only arcade choices are at the state fair(which sadly is dwindling) which has a few arcades + Pinball on a Stick.

Ahh only if there was a bar-like arcade(barcade!) in the twin cities, I would be there. Heck, I probably know several people who'd show up regularly.

"Dave & Busters" is like a "Chuck E. Cheese" that aims more at grown ups, right? I always see adults in the ads.

This is true. There's one out, way out in the 'burbs in the TC. But even then the games are a bit too modern for me. I'd rather play some more 'arcadey' games that don't require you to sit on a giant plastic donkey, etc to play.

This is true. There's one out, way out in the 'burbs in the TC. But even then the games are a bit too modern for me. I'd rather play some more 'arcadey' games that don't require you to sit on a giant plastic donkey, etc to play.

We have a D&B and a U.S. Play near us as well. I quit going to those places. The games are way too expensive, Like .75 is the cheapest on up to $2 a frickin credit. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

"Dave & Busters" is like a "Chuck E. Cheese" that aims more at grown ups, right? I always see adults in the ads.

Way more adult/big kid oriented and they have have a nice bar with a good selection of brews.

@Moycon: those $2 a credit games... do you remember which ones they were? Some of these machines cost upwards of $15k and that kind of an investment often dictates what to charge to play.

There's a CEC near me that is still open, but some co-workers who took their kids to it recently said it wasn't that good. The pizza is still terrible, the games were older and not that fun, and the help wasn't that friendly. It's too bad, I remember going there quite a bit as a kid...I miss the ball pit. :(

As for Dave and Busters, there's a very good one here in Providence I go to every few months. They have a good mix of older games, new games, and redemption games. The bar has a good selection of drinks for cheap prices and the restaunt section is good. I have my fav games there that I play a lot. Sea Wolf is one of them. I also really like this Sega Horce Racing game (keep my horse card in my wallet!), Deal or no Deal, the new Aliens game, and the EA Spors Nascar racing game. There's also a fun trivia game there and ski-ball there which I enjoy.

Personaly, I don't think the prices are that bad -- $10 gets you about 110 or so credits, and if you upgrade for $2 you get another 25 percent. But I'm also a Gold member now so I get 10 percent off.

But what you REALLY should do is sign up for their Members Club! Not only do you get $10 free right away when you sign up, but each month in your e-mail they send you a special offer. Sometimes it's just for the restaraunt, but more often then not it's for the games. The most common are 'spend $10 and get $10 free' or 'get $10 free'. I love those. :) I always use at least one when I go, as it makes it really worthwhile. And on your birthday month they send you a $10 free coupon also.

I've been able to get some nice stuff there also with the redemption points I've earned. I don't go to win those, mind you, but getting the stuff is a nice bonus. :)

There are some 'old' games at mine also -- a Space Invaders/Qix machine, a DK/DK Jr machine, and a Pac-Man/MS Pac-Man/Galaga machine.

Now if you want to go to a CLASSIC arcade, Funspot in New Hampshire can't be beat. I went to college at Plymouth State College (now Plymouth State University) from 1994-1998 and I was only a half hour away from there. My friends and I would go about once a month.

Edited by SoulBlazer