IGNORED

Question about GEOS using winVICE or CCS64

Osbo

How can I get the mouse to work? I tried everything and nothing. I'd like to get it working, so I can show to the other students in my computer class at my community college (and impress the teacher) :D

Well, i know close to nothing about GEOS but...

In the case of VICE at least, the emulator needs to be told to start grabbing mouse events; it's the bottom item of the Options menu or Alt/Q to toggle that on or off and the Windows mouse pointer will disappear over the emulated C64. If the pointer disappears but the mouse doesn't work, go to Settings/Mouse settings and see if it's set to 1351.

How can I get the mouse to work? I tried everything and nothing. I'd like to get it working, so I can show to the other students in my computer class at my community college (and impress the teacher) :D

Thanks!

I assume you're talking about the Commodore version of GeoWorks?

I only know about the PC one. If you want it to work on the PC, you have to run the MOUSE driver. Install a PS/2 or serial mouse on the computer, and run MOUSE.COM which may or may not have come with your version of DOS 5.0 (heh...)

You could always do a search in Google for MOUSE.COM