IGNORED

Amiga cd 32 Games

stjames88

Ok, so I traded another member for a Amiga CD 32 and now I need some games. There were some included (Last Ninja 3, Defender of the crown II, Diggers, a football game, etc....) I am sure a lot of you saw the sale thread, it was only like a week or two ago. Anywho, anybody have any software for this thing? It is pretty much non-exsistant on eBay. Any help or leads would be appreciated.

The CD32 was never released in the US, so you need to search elsewhere. It had a limited Canada release but mostly UK and Australia. Try ebay worldwide searches or search ebay.co.uk.

Most games will work in NTSC mode, but the bottom of the screen will usually be chopped. If that's the score/lives or game menu area you're screwed. If you happen to be running a monitor that supports PAL you can connect an Amiga mouse and hold both buttons at boot to set the CD32 to PAL mode. US TVs won't support PAL, you need to have a montior that's specifically designed for either standard like a Commodore 1084 or multisync RGB monitor.

EDIT: There are also some excellent (shady?) Amiga compilation CDs for the CD32. You need an Amiga mouse for many of the games, but the compilations have a bunch of old Amiga floppy games 'installed' on a CD32 CD. The CD32 is basically an Amiga 1200 without floppy drive or keyboard.

Edited by boog

Will any Amiga mouse work? I noticed the power supply connection is the same as it is on NTSC C64....so did commodore just keep using the same type of plugs across all thier systems? I noticed some Amiga mice on eBay and was considering getting one.

I did find some retail sites out of the UK that sell CD32 games. I would rather deal domestically, but I realize that this is an import system and that I will probably have to deal with the overseas hassle/wait.

I think any Amiga mouse will work, but the A1200/A4000 white mouse is a lot more comfortable than the old beige block from the earlier Amigas. The Beetle Mouse and some of the other 3rd party mice were nice too.

I don't think the C64 and CD32 power connectors are the same at all. I think they have different pin layouts and pretty sure the CD32 needs +12V which the C64 didn't use. I had to build my own PC PSU -> CD32 adapter.