IGNORED

High Score Club 8.22 - Off The Wall

Ze_ro

Top Dawg! For now... 21,815

I had 3+ lives at the 13,000 mark!

I launched the ball so fast, after getting a question mark, it cleared almost every brick!

The game gets a "little" faster and more tough after 15ks.

I'm worn out. :P

Congrats, Jakob! Now I'm going to have to work harder in order to catch up....

Have fun!

I launched the ball so fast, after getting a question mark, it cleared almost every brick!

Have fun!

Thanks, I expect you to catch up soon. I was 1 dragon smack away from the next round too... but my hands are tired. Your turn ;)

This is a really cool game, I never heard of it. Is it very rare? It's NOW my favorite breakout type game. :cool:

Have fun!

Thanks, I expect you to catch up soon. I was 1 dragon smack away from the next round too... but my hands are tired. Your turn ;)

This is a really cool game, I never heard of it. Is it very rare? It's NOW my favorite breakout type game. :cool:

I agree, this is the best breakout game I ever played. I think its somewhat hard to get. I bought it last spring off ebay for a good price, but I had to take my chances with shippiing from Venezeula. Fortunately, it came thru o.k. and waited in its shrinkwrap until this high score contest.

I also agree with your tip to avoid the zig-zag powerup, especially when the bird is present. Although it helped me out a couple times, it is usually the kiss of death.

NEW HIGH SCORE FOR ME (Master as final level)

post-24681-129573633095_thumb.png20,979

Thank you very much, JacobZu7zu7. Your tips and strategies are very useful!!

Cool. Glad they help, also glad they make sense lol.

I like the magnetic token, (M) raindow shape. I use it to hit the dragon over and over, I bounce it off the head of the blackbird a lot haha. Works like a charm.

It's also good to, play very careful at the very begining of each level, to save lives...

saving lives helps a great deal in getting the score higher and keeping you in the game.

If a token I don't want, I try to skip over them... unless it's in the way of the ball falling down, then I just get it. Sometimes if you wait, that nice Magnetic item will show up. I also like to get the (?) as much as possible... it can award a free life! :thumbsup:

Very nice, oyama. :thumbsup:

Even with strategies, some bad luck, or lost control can occur.

I had like 8 lives at 40ks but lost many in 1 round... but a new high score,

Thank you very much, Jacob! Here is my 120,314-point gameplay report:

1. I completed the 8 first waves without losing any Life. At 15,000 mark, I had 14 lives in reserve before losing my First Life (including extra lives via Mystery Token - ?).

2. Sometimes I lost my control when I was trying to avoid the "ZIG-ZAG" (Z) item, and to get my favorite tokens: Mystery (?), Magnetic Paddle (M), and Nuke Ball (bomb).

3. I broke my personal record in terms of lives in reserve: 15.

4. Before breaking World Record (118,344 points), I had 8 lives in reserve. After reaching the 120K mark, I spent all my remaining lives to finish the game immediately.

Edited by oyamafamily

SPECIAL NOTES FOR "OFF THE WALL":

1. This game has a PAUSE feature. To pause this game, move the TV TYPE switch to B&W mode, then to COLOR. To continue, move again the TV TYPE switch.

2. You earn a Bonus Life for every level cleared. You can earn additional lives via the collection of Mystery Token (?).

3. BE CAREFUL!! You can change the settings accidentally with your Left Joystick. If the setting is "Peasant - 1 Player", press Fire button or Reset Game to start the gameplay.

Edited by oyamafamily