IGNORED

I have a SNES and...

Rev. Rob

If you like strategy, then get Romance of the Three Kingdoms. There are several installments for the SNES. My favorite is II. Also, take a look at Nobunaga's Ambition and Gemfire.

I loved that game on NES! My friend had it and him, myself and a 3rd buddy would play that game for hours. He would always pick the guy.....can't remember his name, but he started off with the largest kingdom. His NES so his rules, but that always bugged me.

Anyway, I had forgotten that there were installments on the SNES. Am I right in thinking that new installments (i.e. N64 days and up) have either not made it to the US or have changed more to an action-oriented style? Kind of like Ninety-Nine-Nights sort of gameplay?

Anyway, I had forgotten that there were installments on the SNES. Am I right in thinking that new installments (i.e. N64 days and up) have either not made it to the US or have changed more to an action-oriented style? Kind of like Ninety-Nine-Nights sort of gameplay?

There are later installments. There's at least one NA installment of Romance on the PS1 and Saturn. The PS2 has several RotK installments (at least 4), and a Nobunaga's Ambition game. Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX for the PS2 has a RTS style to it for each month and a turn based break between each real time secion. The other games are all turn based affairs.

There are several related game serieses. These are the Warriors games spread between the PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360. The flagship line is Dynasty Warriors, which is a pure action based beat 'em up. Dynasty Warriors uses the Romance of the Three Kingdoms characters. Samurai Warriors uses the Nobunaga's Ambition characters. And Warriors Orochi throws them all together in a pot and mixes them together. All of these games are about running around and killing hundreds and thousands of soldiers (literally), except for one. There is one Dynasty Warriors game on the PS1 which is a Tekken style one on one fighting game.

Another set of related games are the Kessen titles. I believe there are three of them, and I think they were all PS2 exclusives. While the Romance games are largely strategic, Kessen is purely tactical. It's a very chess-like game which has some elements of trying to emulate tabletop tactical wargames.

The Super Star Wars games were great, they are pretty hard but I never found them to be impossible. E.V.O is an awesome game but it is REALLY pricey, but I loved it.

"Super Empire Strikes Back" might be the best to start with. It's frustrating, but at least there is a password feature so you don't have to start at the beginning every time unlike "Super Star Wars". It's the only one in the series I've completed.

Embarrassingly I've never even got past the first stage in "Super Return of the Jedi".