IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 3 Round 22 Centipede

roadrunner

Well pulled out the trackball I got with my 5200 when I found it at a pawn shop about three years back. 5200 worked, never could get the trackball to work. I know why... the roller mechanisms are gone!! I mean, looks like they were never installled. Anyone either have a picture of the inside of the trackball, or know where I find the mechanisms?

Best Electronics should have parts to fix a 5200 trackball controller. :)

It is definitely an odd situation no one would have forseen. Perhaps we could declare the next highest point total the "acting Champion" Disclaimer: In the event the original champion is unable to fulfill his/hers duties as champion...

Just throwing ideas out there. :)

That's not a bad idea. That could be an easy solution to clear up this mess.

I'd like to hear from atariron82 and see if he would be ok with this or not.

Or i could just have a asterisk next to our season 3 champion saying that he was banned.

It will be fine for me to take the reigns as "acting Champion" (by default), since our favourite foe's meteoric rise was cut short due to his "reign of terror" in other forums. Such irony! It appears that TRBB has already removed atariski/Divya from the most recent Season's tally, pending a minor revolt over at the A8-bit HSC. With that as precedent, it should be appropriate for us to do the same.

He was the one I tried hardest to beat and admit to having certain Outbursts of Joy following his defeat(s) at the hands of Zylon(and others). His stratospheric high scores will be missed. As for Divya, he and I seemed equally matched, and it's a shame that he will no longer be able to post. A bit of the competitive element will be lost, but hopefully not for long. Maybe one or both can return someday with privileges renewed.

PS: If we go the full 27 rnds like last season, there's a good chance that I and/or roadrunner, will have passed the current championship spot in any case.:)

(Edited to remove speculative language)

Edited by atariron82

It is definitely an odd situation no one would have forseen. Perhaps we could declare the next highest point total the "acting Champion" Disclaimer: In the event the original champion is unable to fulfill his/hers duties as champion...

Just throwing ideas out there. :)

That's not a bad idea. That could be an easy solution to clear up this mess.

I'd like to hear from atariron82 and see if he would be ok with this or not.

Or i could just have a asterisk next to our season 3 champion saying that he was banned.

It will be fine for me to take the reigns as "acting Champion" (by default), since our favourite foe's meteoric rise was cut short due to his "reign of terror" in other forums. Such irony! It appears that TRBB has already removed atariski/Divya from the most recent Season's tally, pending a minor revolt over at the A8-bit HSC. With that as precedent, it should be appropriate for us to do the same. I will admit to having received certain Outbursts of Joy following his defeat(s) at the hands of Zylon(and others) as well as savoring my own rare victory! As for Divya, he and I seemed equally matched; he had a completely different style and persona,.. but maybe that was just part of the ruse? We may never know for sure... A bit of the competitive element will be lost, but for how long? Maybe, reincarnation in another form is possible here at AA? :ponder:

PS: If we go the full 27 rnds like last season, there's a good chance that I and/or roadrunner, will have passed the current championship spot in any case.:)

Yeah, i see their scores were removed in the Round 1 game Ms Pac Man over at the 8 bit HSC.

Hmmm... i'll remove atariksi's score from this round and Disqualify him from this years championship.

Hopefully that closes the book on this subject. :)

I noticed the Trak-ball is a good way to smack into spiders and die FAST! It will take some practice to get used to the loose feel of the TB, but for now I'll enjoy the tight controls of the good ol' stock stick:

post-21471-129652778448_thumb.jpg

I noticed the Trak-ball is a good way to smack into spiders and die FAST! It will take some practice to get used to the loose feel of the TB, but for now I'll enjoy the tight controls of the good ol' stock stick:

Something about the controls in this game. It seems that while the shots require a precise hit, your gun icon tends to jump in increments rather than precisely.

The shots fire rapidly, and then have a delay, and then fire rapidly again. Basically throwing you off on when to rely on them.

Would be curious to know what other versions of Centipede are like, which are better, how this rates?

Something about the controls in this game. It seems that while the shots require a precise hit, your gun icon tends to jump in increments rather than precisely.

The shots fire rapidly, and then have a delay, and then fire rapidly again. Basically throwing you off on when to rely on them.

Would be curious to know what other versions of Centipede are like, which are better, how this rates?

This is the same in the arcade game. Atari did this purposefully to ramp up the difficulty. If you want to kill a spider, for example, pause and then fire for accuracy.

A cool youtube video that looks at 8 different versions of Centipede.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DolVwplZ56o