IGNORED

HSC8 Round 2: Bounty Bob Strikes Back

If you're thinking about joining in please do so, it's fun and we have all abilities of player. If you need any help please get in touch. Checkout the Beginners Guide for more details. If you missed Ms.Pac-man (round 1) you can still post a score for that too, and I'll award you some points for taking part :)

Bounty Bob Strikes Back

Game closes Sunday 13th Feb 10am GMT

Download the game here:

One of the best games ever. If you've only played Miner 2049'er then you'll need to get to grips with Bounty Bob's additional 'controllable' jump. It's hard at first but is soon mastered! Basically press fire when not moving and then when in the air move left or right to land.

Special Rules

• If you can't run the game on your 400/800 and don't fancy using an emulator - you can play any game for 2pts but I suggest Miner 2049er!
  • If you have played BBSB beore you will be aware of the many shortcuts and options. BUT you have to start from scratch here - If you receive any 'secret messages' whilst playing you can act on them on future goes.
  • The Game Adjustment screen (below) can be accessed by pressing Option. I suggest enabling the 'Pause Key' (escape) here.
  • Players on one, two or three HSC points from HSC round 1 may start with an extra 4th life and set the bonus man at 10,000 instead of 20,000
  • Players may take the hair cut Option 100 (Hair Cut 100 was an 80s band!) but there's a 10,000 point penalty for doing so, no not HSC points silly :D (Tell me in your post if you've been to Barber Ned). If like me the acid rain took a lot of beating back in the day then you might seriously consider this :!:

Bonus Points

• 2pt bonus for completing the game using warps.
  • 5pt bonus for completing the game without using warps.
  • 1pt bonus for highest screen reached using warps - top three places (not for anyone completing the game)
  • bonus challenges - Set options to C'mon level, 1 man, no bonus:
  • #1 Only for players who have never completed the game before - 1pt bonus for Highest score for screen 1. (pause the game at the start of screen 2 for a screen shot)
  • #2 If you have completed the game before or just fancy a harder challenge - 1pt bonus for Highest score for screens 1 and 2 combined.

post-19705-129630486714_thumb.png

If you'd like to know more about the game then checkout the superb Big 5 web-site :)

Game On !

I'll kick off the bonus challenge:

1 Man, "C'mon" difficulty, no bonus, 1 board top score: 7,980.

post-9712-129641664249_thumb.png

I managed to get the screenshot before the next screen. Remember, if you wait until the next screen you have to deduct 10 points from what the score reads. You clear a piece of the board as soon as level 2 starts. :)

134,710!

post-9712-129642203217_thumb.png

Made it to the Hydraulic Lifts this time, with no warps used. I haven't figured out how to get past the luxury transporters without losing any lives. I'll need to pause there and study the board some more.

And I hate bonus level #1...especially when the floor is the same color as your feet. But, in spite of those two grievances, I love this game! :)

Edited by Deteacher

I am confused....

I can play ANY game, submit my screenshot and get 2 points? (Say that is true!)

On another note, I can't seem to get this to work using the AtariMax and my 65XE. ugh!

try this one

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=188968

I haven't checked the posted versions (yet) to see if the secret messages are working - please can someone confirm. If you get to level 4 or 5 I think you see the first one :ponder:

[EDIT - The (ROM &) XEX in 1st post has the secret messages and works ok on 130XE]

I had three goes 68K Lv7, 46K Lv5 then after finding my good joystick managed 96,680 Level 10 "The Gravity Lift".

post-19705-129650393929_thumb.jpg

Great fun, if only I could remeber where I used to jump from and to and be able to fall from safely, you can spot where I just walked off in a daze on the screen shot!

[edit - now there's an idea 'spot the bob' contest :D ]

C'mon challenge 7,990, looks like Deteacher needs to get a move on :P

post-19705-129650396615_thumb.jpg

All the levels are shown here :)

A couple of general hints - On the 2nd level pressing space re-starts the Utility Hoist. On level 4 as well as pushing up when the light flashes over the required transporter you can press the numbers keys to use them.

• Players on one, two or three HSC points from HSC round 1 may start with an extra 4th life and set the bonus man at 10,000 instead of 20,000

• Players may take the hair cut Option 100 (Hair Cut 100 was an 80s band!) but there's a 10,000 point penalty for doing so, no not HSC points silly :D (Tell me in your post if you've been to Barber Ned). If like me the acid rain took a lot of beating back in the day then you might seriously consider this icon_exclaim.gif

Sweet I get to cheat cos I SUCK!!!! awesome :D

And I completely forgot about Barber Ned (not so much Haircut 100 unfortunately)

cheese and crackers, the rules and bonus points read like my cell phone plan from verizon...

anyone have a degree in advanced calculus, and can explain it to me? ;')

sloopy.

Sloopified Rules -

Rule 1 - Just play and post a score :!:

Rule 2 - There is no rule 2 :D

C'mon challenge 7,990, looks like Deteacher needs to get a move on :P

Who am I to back down from a challenge? ;)

C'mon Challenge: 8010!

post-9712-129651741808_thumb.png

It's all about getting those 90's. I can finish the board with 690 left on the timer, BTW.

Your turn, TRBB! :)

Now that you're winning I'm changing the rules (see below - post 1 amended)... seriously should give a tougher challenge for players who have beaten the game and lets more players go for this bonus point. ;)

• bonus challenges - Set options to C'mon level, 1 man, no bonus:
  • #1 Only for players who have never completed the game before - 1pt bonus for Highest score for screen 1. (pause the game at the start of screen 2 for a screen shot)
  • #2 If you have completed the game before or just fancy a harder challenge - 1pt bonus for Highest score for screens 1 and 2 combined.

I am confused....

I can play ANY game, submit my screenshot and get 2 points? (Say that is true!)

On another note, I can't seem to get this to work using the AtariMax and my 65XE. ugh!

try this one

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=188968

Thanks mimo :thumbsup:

I know a couple of you only have a few games and may not be able to download others, so to encourage participation, yes you can play any game for 2pts - ideally one not played before in the HSC. To earn your points make a few comments on it's suitability or not (you never know I might award additional points for an exceptional performance based on my records!). In this case Miner 2049'er is a special suggested alternative, but if anyone hasn't got BBSB then they should endeavour to get it as it's one of the top 10 best of all time :)

p.s. SpaceDice and our players from Germany, feel free to suggest any games on the Season 8 Games List :cool:

cheese and crackers, the rules and bonus points read like my cell phone plan from verizon...

anyone have a degree in advanced calculus, and can explain it to me? ;')

sloopy.

Sloopified Rules -

Rule 1 - Just play and post a score :!:

Rule 2 - There is no rule 2 :D

step 1: find game

step 2: play game

step 3: post score

step 4: get binoculars

step 5: try and find score waaaay down the bottom of the list...

sloopy.

I wish I could remember what I was doing, I used to own these platforms and enjoy going 'off road' now I'm a nervous wreck :o

Still made it to 'The Super Slippery Slide' (Lv11) 103,820 before jumping to my doom from the first platform :dunce: Remember to post your level guys to qualify for the bonus points ;-)

post-19705-129668378633_thumb.jpg

p.s. C'mon 2 round bonus 14,190

post-19705-129668380705_thumb.jpg

One more go me thinks!

p.s. there's nothing like perseverance Philsan :thumbsup: If anyone needs any hints just ask ;)