IGNORED

River Raid Night Assault

Any screen shots?

Here ya go:

post-9364-129710009625_thumb.png

Good job on this BTW. I liked the idea, so I did a little edit to make the plane look more like a stealth jet. I think I prefer Avatar's yellow jet color, even though the dark gray is more "realistic." I think it would also look good to use darker lums of the original colors (or approximations thereof), such as A0 for the water, D0 for the river banks, etc. Maybe make a couple different versions.

post-9364-129710010582_thumb.png

Any screen shots?

Here ya go:

Good job on this BTW. I liked the idea, so I did a little edit to make the plane look more like a stealth jet. I think I prefer Avatar's yellow jet color, even though the dark gray is more "realistic." I think it would also look good to use darker lums of the original colors (or approximations thereof), such as A0 for the water, D0 for the river banks, etc. Maybe make a couple different versions.

post-9364-129710010582_thumb.png

Sorry, just providing the wrong bin file...

Now I have modified the file in which the jet to look like a stealth, but I think its modification the jet, was much better!

KevinMos3, you could make the modified file?

River Raid - Night.bin

Edited by Avatar

Here ya go:

River Raid - Night - Stealth.bin

The trees are now multicolored green too (like the pic above). If you don't like them, just change them back to whatever you want. Same goes for the jet... make it whatever color you want.

Looks familiar: River Raid Black

Hmm... A compare shows the only difference between that one and the first one posted here to be the color of enemy planes (black vs pink).

Avatar, I'm not accusing, but if you started with River Raid Black ROM, it would be more polite to mention it in the description.

These are all hacks after all and none of us has the right to get upset if someone makes a hack of our hack, but it is a courtesy to say so when you borrow another one's idea. Again, not accusing, just putting it out there.

Here ya go:

The trees are now multicolored green too (like the pic above). If you don't like them, just change them back to whatever you want. Same goes for the jet... make it whatever color you want.

Looks familiar: River Raid Black

Hmm... A compare shows the only difference between that one and the first one posted here to be the color of enemy planes (black vs pink).

Avatar, I'm not accusing, but if you started with River Raid Black ROM, it would be more polite to mention it in the description.

These are all hacks after all and none of us has the right to get upset if someone makes a hack of our hack, but it is a courtesy to say so when you borrow another one's idea. Again, not accusing, just putting it out there.

KevinMos3, thanks for uploading this hack, I believe that is better than mine. I'll be checking out later.

neotokeo2001 and AtariAge friends, I apologize but did not mention that I used initially based on the Black River Raid Hack ... I am ashamed, I apologize. Used as the basis of this hack (River Raid Black) by being with the basic idea of ready-made, meaningless for me to recreate the whole structure of black game, changing only the planes that cross the river and the sprite of the jet, making it seem with a stealth.

I apologize once again. I'm trying not to write much because my English is very bad, and not just putting this important information. What could I do to correct this error of mine.

Edited by Avatar

What could I do to correct this error of mine.

You're fine. Just next time, mention if you start with the hack of someone else.

We can't get too upset because it's not like we are the original authors. However, it's polite to cite your sources. For example, I put a lot of time into hacking the sprites and colors of Double Dragon. I believe it was David Crane who wrote it, so I have no claim to it, but I would still be a little irritated if someone took my hack-work, made an edit or two and released it as their own. There's no problem making a hack of a hack, just mention anyone else who contributed along the way for courtesy's sake. ;)

What could I do to correct this error of mine.

You're fine. Just next time, mention if you start with the hack of someone else.

We can't get too upset because it's not like we are the original authors. However, it's polite to cite your sources. For example, I put a lot of time into hacking the sprites and colors of Double Dragon. I believe it was David Crane who wrote it, so I have no claim to it, but I would still be a little irritated if someone took my hack-work, made an edit or two and released it as their own. There's no problem making a hack of a hack, just mention anyone else who contributed along the way for courtesy's sake. ;)

Not a problem. I was not trying to get you to stop or apologize. Just wanted to note the original.

Just one question, how do I change the colors of the second jet, which is currently with the default color set (black), which makes it impossible to play in the selection of two players ...

It's at location 0FF7, right above player one's color which is 0FF8.

Here's the ROM with player 2 being dark blue (A0) as an example.

post-9364-129730975683_thumb.png