IGNORED

I Have Never Been So Pissed in My Days Of Buying On Ebay

atari181

Dude, regardless of refund, I'd definitely would rip into his ratings. Give him 1's where he deserves it. I didn't say you shouldn't tell sellers to make sure things are packed well, especially if it's big money. I can't tell you how many times I get wrapped up in bidding and forget to ask if the seller is a smoker. Damn cigarette smell kills me. Still think you should have to take a test to be a seller. I'd pretty much trust a top rated seller though. Haven't had too many problems with them.

A test would be great. There would be proof they know the correct way to do things. They wouldn't be able to claim they didn't know, but even then, I'd still go out of my way to make sure they know how I expect it to be shipped. Some Idiots are great at passing tests.

• Like 1

Heh...

Register a domain, say http://lookiehereatyetanotherebaydumbass.com

(don't click it, because I don't know where it will go)

Post up the pictures, this commentary, and a bunch of other "Jesus, I feel like a complete ass for being associated with these douches." material, and just have some fun with that.

Then... print it out, package it all properly, include the printout, and then return the item.

Reason: Douche level shipping unacceptable.

They can click the link, see their own e-bay id associated with a bunch of other asses, right next to a "have you been fucked too?" link for commentary and transaction ID's.

Should scare the shit out of them, if you do it right.

• Like 4

Well, one can't assume "ALL" sellers understand original boxes are considered an important part of the package also.Some just don't get it.Thing is "ASSUME NOTHING".Yeah these sellers should know better despite, and you shouldn't have to ask.That and selling items that are smelly and filthy dirty is another thing i can't understand.Some folks just have no class. :roll: Then again asking for the condition of stuff isn't always a guarantee.Things can be promised as mint and still arrive in filthy, , torn up condition, that's Ebay.

• Like 1

I once won a 2600 picture label boxed "Superman" on Ebay.It was advertised as mint.The box was described as having minor crushing on 3 corners.The picture showed it as that also.When it arrived, the front label on the cartridge had "STAN" written on it in big black PERMANENT magic marker :x :x :x :x :x, and the box was in SHREDS.Words can't describe how pissed off and disappointed i was.Ever since then i stopped buying at ebay like i used to maybe 10-12 times a year.The last time i bought off Ebay was 1 time in the past 2 years, i'm too scared of stuff like that happening again.Despite refunds, apologies, it's still stressful regardless.

• Like 1

Today I recieved my New in Box Atari that I just paid 200.00 for. It was wrapped in a paper bag and tapede and shipped to me Parcel Post. The corners are now all bent and damaged box has a hole in it where someone poked through the paper. I just can't imagine how f-ing dumb someone could be to ship a 200.00 item like this.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806189014431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180618901443&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Nevermind that, how about you paying $200. I like the Atari... but not that much.

I once won a 2600 picture label boxed "Superman" on Ebay.It was advertised as mint.The box was described as having minor crushing on 3 corners.The picture showed it as that also.When it arrived, the front label on the cartridge had "STAN" written on it in big black PERMANENT magic marker :x :x :x :x :x, and the box was in SHREDS.Words can't describe how pissed off and disappointed i was.Ever since then i stopped buying at ebay like i used to maybe 10-12 times a year.The last time i bought off Ebay was 1 time in the past 2 years, i'm too scared of stuff like that happening again.Despite refunds, apologies, it's still stressful regardless.

Are you afraid to leave your house also in case you get run over by a car ?

Ummm....why do you care about the box? Usually we break down our boxes and put them out for the rubbish man in the morning. Do you have small children who use the box as a pretend playroom?

Lots of us collect boxes, CIB, or even sealed/NIB.

Are you afraid to leave your house also in case you get run over by a car ?

Things like this are avoidable ,i choose NOT to bother. Getting hit by a car is a lot less avoidable and a whole different thing that you can't usually control.Reducing stress is ones personal business.I'm talking about things that YOU can manage and control, as some things can't be.And for "ME" buying online is unneeded avoidable stress, which i no longer do.

Edited by Rik

Ummm....why do you care about the box? Usually we break down our boxes and put them out for the rubbish man in the morning. Do you have small children who use the box as a pretend playroom?

Feel free to send me any boxes you don't want. I'll pay the shipping cost. In fact, I actually bid on listings that have only boxes and/or manuals. I have a few thousand extra carts, and I'm always happy to complete them with a box.

Throwing boxes away was a common practice. Like someone mentioned, it's the reason why boxed games are worth so much. But you don't have to limit yourself to video games. I once was walking back to my house and 1 block away, I found a Batman Forever Batmobile box sitting by the curb. I'm assuming the owner was letting their kid play with the toy. I took the box. The guide lists it now with the box at $65. They used to list things loose too, which I think was like $25 or $30. So that made the box worth more than the vehicle. I can't tell you how many times when I owned my store and then worked for my friend that we would have people come in with loose action figures, playsets, and vehicles. We would just wait for a loose one to come in, and then we'd have a complete one.

Phil

To this day, when I buy some nonsense product (not collectible), I have to keep the box around for as long as possible. It's only on long-distance moves (like leaving Alaska with one trailer) that I ended up tossing the boxes for my electronics/small appliances. No vintage boxes in that toss, mind you.

Feel free to send me any boxes you don't want. I'll pay the shipping cost. In fact, I actually bid on listings that have only boxes and/or manuals. I have a few thousand extra carts, and I'm always happy to complete them with a box.

Throwing boxes away was a common practice. Like someone mentioned, it's the reason why boxed games are worth so much. But you don't have to limit yourself to video games. I once was walking back to my house and 1 block away, I found a Batman Forever Batmobile box sitting by the curb. I'm assuming the owner was letting their kid play with the toy. I took the box. The guide lists it now with the box at $65. They used to list things loose too, which I think was like $25 or $30. So that made the box worth more than the vehicle. I can't tell you how many times when I owned my store and then worked for my friend that we would have people come in with loose action figures, playsets, and vehicles. We would just wait for a loose one to come in, and then we'd have a complete one.

Phil

I understand people want boxes....good let them have them. Some people just don't have room in their homes for boxes. That is the main reason I think that most people throw them away. And yes, that is what ads to the value. But what good is having valuable things when you can't move in your own home?

A Brazilian guy on Ebay thought the case of my Dactar 007 was made out of an indestructible material invented by Q. I don't believe it was my responsibility to educate him about the importance of layers of bubble wrap and that his failure to use layers of bubble wrap is an act of war against the United States.

Its not your responsibility, no. However, it is in your best interest.

• Like 2

there is no debate here. The seller has no pride at all. He even clearly states that it is a later model. Why in the world does he not have a bad feedback from you?

Next time go to best electronics and get this...

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/images/2600jrUS.jpg

New in the box Atari 2600Jr. Console with 1 New Atari CX40 Joystick. Comes with US / NTSC 2600 Jr. Console, CX40 Atari Joystick, Upgraded Atari RF cable (better than stock supplied 2600JR original short RF cable), Atari Universal Cable Ready TV switch box (better than stock supplied 2600Jr original TV switch box), Atari US 2600 Power Supply and Atari 2600Jr. Owners Manual. 3 Atari 2600 Jr's left in stock Only! Limit one per Customer!

$125

Best has a tendency to ship these in not the best shape. I bought the same thing from them 2-3 years ago and it arrived in a pretty beat up box which they shrinkwrapped (I don't think the Jr. ever came shrinkwrapped)and they basically pick and choose original and after market stuff to put in the box. Basically, these were Atari Mexico units that were found in a warehouse and Best assembles various "upgraded" parts to make the package complete. Personally, as a collector, I think that's a lot less valuable than a nice mint boxed original unit, but to each their own.

• Like 1

^

Guys like Atari Leaf and Random Terrain don't take the abuse I do for saying the exact same things. Hmmmm...

Because they didn't say it anything like you did. Go back and read your post #3 again. It's all cool now, but you definitely did not word it in a similar way, and the way you said it at first really had a very different meaning.

Or, you can believe different and continue having a pity party :party:

• Like 6