IGNORED

I Have Never Been So Pissed in My Days Of Buying On Ebay

atari181

If the buyer does not opt for insurance, then they get what they get. Not to sound mean, but the shipper can package it to their best ability, but it matters nothing if UPS/USPS/Fed EX are careless in their handling of the package.

That's 100% false! I wish people would educate themselves before making false statements. The seller is obligated to get the item to you in the condition described. Insurance is for the seller, NOT THE BUYER. It's called buyer protection and item not as described. Always use paypal WITH A CREDIT CARD, NOT A BANK ACCOUNT to get double protection. If paypal somehow doesn't get you a 100% (including shipping to you) refund, your credit card bank will.

The seller was completely at fault and didn't package the item properly to reach you. Even if it was double boxed and padded, you would still be able to get a full refund. You will be out the money to return the item to the seller, unless the seller refunds that.

• Like 1

I understand now, but I will try to say this without drawing the ire of everyone on this thread.

Is it possible that the seller in this case was not thinking with a collector's mentality? If so, then perhaps they did not consider the implications of not inserting the box into a larger box. Also, what if the lister is a collector and understands, but maybe was not the one doing the packaging? What if he had the wife or son wrap it up for shipping? kind of foolish, but a possibility.

I know, it does not alleviate the damage done. So if it is unacceptable in the condition you received it, then ask for a full refund. If they balk, then get Ebay/Paypal involved.

Irrelevant, means nothing. Get me my stuff, the way you described it, or give me a full refund. If you don't like that, don't sell on ebay.

Edited by jktrading

I totally know what that feels like atari181!

Although in my case it was a boxed 2800 for $250 - and it was posted in the box... no wrapping... and usps tape on the actual box. WTF!!!

And to rub salt into my wound, when I opened a 'damaged item' dispute with ebay explaining that the box was an integral part of the item, ebay sided with the seller and closed the case without refund WTF x 2!!!

So I guess, if anything, look on the bright side and consider yourself lucky that you can get your money back.

That's why you use paypal WITH A CREDIT CARD. You went through your hoops with ebay/paypal. Now, you need to go through your credit card company. They will almost certainly side with you, as long as you return the item.

Come on people, you have power. Better business bureau, sellers state attorney general's office, ebay's state attorney general's office, internet fraud department, the sellers mother, etc,.

Edited by jktrading

I believe USPS insurance is only for TOTAL LOSS. That means, the package is stolen while in their possession. They don't worry about improper packing (they leave that up to you and the sender) because if they did, it would be such a can of worms they'd never finish adjudicating all those claims.

• Like 1

I've run into people like that on ebay too. I've taken a few chances again on ebay lately and hopefully I won't run into any more people like him.

By the way, I know you want to be done with it, understandably, but I would report that nonsense to ebay. I don't know if they'll do anything, but his behavior was totally uncalled for, especially the horrible assumptions he made.

My experience with Ebay customer service has been pretty bad, every time it seems they rule on the side of stupidity. I am just happy to have my original cost of the item refunded. He has sent me several(8) mesages since my last response. If hew continues into tomorrow I will report him. Don't think anything will happen though.

Nothing new.Criminal law is the same as this is a criminal offense, It's ALWAYS, i mean ALWAYS the complainant or the victims that are made out to be the BAD person.Then the perpetrator laughs in your face, and goes out and commits the same offense one after the other.Typical stuff like always. :roll:

thanks alot atari181, you jinxed me you jinxing jinxer.

just got a boxed set of coco joysticks in the mail - the guy wrapped the box in a paper bag and put a stamps on it. of course box is partially crushed now.

That's horrible. Yet typical of what I expect from ebay.

Fortunately, I just got a boxed Aquarius (another one), boxed mini-Expander, and boxed 4k cart today and it was one of the BEST packing jobs I've ever seen. They really took care to do it right, and I sure appreciate it. I wish all ebay sellers were like that 10% that know WTH they're doing.

thanks alot atari181, you jinxed me you jinxing jinxer.

just got a boxed set of coco joysticks in the mail - the guy wrapped the box in a paper bag and put a stamps on it. of course box is partially crushed now.

Sorry for the Jinks. yesterday I recieved a sealed gae in the dreaded bubleope and yes it was crushed. been a bad week. Seller made good on it, but I just don't get it.

I just won a 7800 new in box and sent the seller an email to make sure that it is shipped packed away inside of another box. I hate to have to ask for that, but aparently I learned my lesson. I am not taking any chances on any high dollar purchases anymore.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

• 4 weeks later...

It's amazing how many items listed on ebay as "rare or collectible" receive poor packaging care. seems as soon as a seller knows its sold, the rarity aspect takes a back seat.

With what we sometimes pay for an item one would think it should be delivered by a golden carrier pigeon. I cant tell you how many shipping douches Ive encountered over the past few months buying atari alone.

I bought a boxed miner 2049'er for the 5200 a while back and the goof taped to and wrapped brown packing paper over the cart box and sent it.. needless to say the box was f'd when I got it.

I bought 4 boxed sealed 7800 games that a guy stuffed into a padded envelope,way too small for the qty. of boxes... but he saved some money shipping them, then got them right back because the boxes were crushed beyond description.

they want top dollar for an item , but then cheap out or add handling fees , and you still get damaged goods,I could go on and on about poor packing.

I've shipped lots of things worldwide, and have found , if you take a little extra time to pack correctly as you would want it packed, your buyer will be much happier in the end getting an item exactly as pictured.

Edited by peedenmark7

8 years ago, I was this guy. I sent people boxed games in bubble envelopes. I finally got a wake up call when somebody got one that had been flattened like a pancake in the mail. I would say I was read the riot act, but the recipient wasn't NASTY per se, they just wanted me to know that this was not acceptable for anything of value. From that point on I changed my ways. I learned to fill the empty space in boxes with packing peanuts, wadded newspaper, or both so loose items wouldn't rattle around in shipping. I learned the only acceptable thing to ship in a bubble envelope was a CD or a single loose cart, and if the buyer wanted it shipped in a priority box and was willing to pay the difference I'd list it as an option. It's easy to not know, and/or to think if it's always worked in the past and nobody complained, it always will. Unfortunately this means some valuable items get destroyed until people actually learn the error of their ways.