IGNORED

Ikari Warriors-Why So Much?

King Atari

I think the 7800 rarity list here is out of date. Try finding a Summer Games (2) on eBay or some online dealer. Some of the rarity 4 games are easier to find than Ikari Warriors or Summer Games. And I need Ikari Warriors too :)

I'm down to 8 games to complete my 7800 carts.

I think the best way, unfortunately, is to hunt for a particular game for a little while. I remember Basketbrawl loose being $8-12 on eBay and I don't see it at online dealers too much. Complete in box for that game usually runs $15+, but you can always spot deals every once in awhile. So it's all a moving target :)

And since we're talking about Ikari Warriors, it's also a 4 but it probably at least $10 more than Basketbrawl.

Okay, if it's out of date, can you tell how much Basketbrawl is worth? Is it a high or a low 4, or even higher than 4?

I think the 7800 rarity list here is out of date.  Try finding a Summer Games (2) on eBay or some online dealer.  Some of the rarity 4 games are easier to find than Ikari Warriors or Summer Games.  And I need Ikari Warriors too :)

Counting the "new games" from Atari7800.com or not?

I'm down to just 9 to go, thanks to today's eBay shopping, not counting the new stuff. :D

I think the 7800 rarity list here is out of date.  Try finding a Summer Games (2) on eBay or some online dealer.  Some of the rarity 4 games are easier to find than Ikari Warriors or Summer Games.  And I need Ikari Warriors too :)

Counting the "new games" from Atari7800.com or not?

I'm down to just 9 to go, thanks to today's eBay shopping, not counting the new stuff. :D

Im only counting the games that were released in the US during the hey day of the 7800

Down to just 3 myself: F18 Hornet, Rampage and Pete Rose Baseball. And all of my collection is boxed and complete. Considering I'm a PAL person that isn't too bad I think. I have PAL where it was released in that format, and NTSC if it wasn't.

Some PAL 7800 stuff is piss easy to find compared to the NTSC version: Mean 18, Ikari Warriors, Alien Brigade... I've had multiple copies through my hands. Things like Ninja Golf, Midnight Mutants and Dark Chambers are damn hard to find however!

So if anyone has the above three complete and spare and willing to let them go, please let me know! I'd prefer PAL version for F18 and Pete Rose, but would happily take NTSC...

Yeah I'm only counting the US releases from back in the day. I think we should start some kind of support club for those of us who only need 10 or less 7800 games :)

I'm down to Planet Smashers, Tank Command, Pete Rose Baseball, Rampage, Ikari Warriors, Tomcat F14, and Basketbrawl (the last two aren't that hard to find)

Yeah I'm only counting the US releases from back in the day.  I think we should start some kind of support club for those of us who only need 10 or less 7800 games :)

I'm down to Planet Smashers, Tank Command, Pete Rose Baseball, Rampage, Ikari Warriors, Tomcat F14, and Basketbrawl (the last two aren't that hard to find)

ok Ill start :D

I need:

Rampage

Ikari Warriors

Tomcat F-14

Basketbrawl

and i need manuals for:

Fatal Run - Tank Command & Planet Smashers

Boxes arent that important to me as long as it has the manual

Edit -

i need Ikari warriors as well along with 4 more to complete my 7800 carts

I just got Mean 18 golf :D

So, is Basketbrawl hard to find or something? Two of you have posted that you still need it.

I don't think its that hard to find, they pop up on eBay pretty regularly but I haven't wanted to spend more than $10 on a loose copy and the boxed ones are sometimes closer to $20, so I just wait around, I'm in no hurry :)

You have to compare that to Summer Games or Mean 18 which hardly ever show up on eBay, maybe once or twice a year?

I got a "Water Ski" during the Great Water Ski purge on eBay a while back (when you couldn't move for seeing them!)... "Tank Command" through a private deal, cost me quite a bit but the box and everything were practically pristine.

"Summer Games" was off eBay for $15, shrinkwrapped. Seeing as I couldn't find anyone with a spare copy, thought I'd buy it there.

"Basketbrawl" and "Mean18" are two of the commonest PAL 7800 games about. Really sucks that way huh? :roll:

On the other hand, "Dark Chambers" is practically impossible to find in PAL. I got a complete spare copy put on eBay and within 2 hours it had been BINed for £20 (US$30)...

Yes but this is PAL "Dark Chambers"... I'd rate it a 6 on the 1-10 scale. I only know 2 other people with a PAL copy... yeah it's common as anything NTSC wise!

What makes the PAL rarity so difficult is that, what may be rare in the UK is only uncommon in Europe or Australia and vice-versa. I got my PAL Dark Chambers from a guy in Europe who had three of them and didn't seem to think it very rare.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org