IGNORED

Ikari Warriors-Why So Much?

King Atari

You think Mean 18 is hard to get now... it was even harder back when it came out!

I ordered a copy direct from Atari Canada in the late summer or early fall of 1989 (it's scheduled release date) and Atari Canada finally just returned my money order in early 1990 because they had no idea when it would finally ship...

Cheers!

Joey

You think Mean 18 is hard to get now... it was even harder back when it came out!

I ordered a copy direct from Atari Canada in the late summer or early fall of 1989 (it's scheduled release date) and Atari Canada finally just returned my money order in early 1990 because they had no idea when it would finally ship...

Cheers!

Joey

Wow, and you wonder why Atari went under ;)

I'm hoping my luck is better, I completed a trade for a Mean 18 complete in box just this week, so if everything goes well :thumbsup:

More evidence of just how bad it got. I'm surprised they actually got another system out after the 7800.

Its been a while since I did regular ebay hunting but Ikari is definatly

easier to find in PAL. In general many rare games are quite abundant

in PAL.

I think the game cost more than average for 3 reasons. One its was

big arcade release in its day and secondly and more importantly its

a good 7800 game. Third its one of the few good games on the 7800

that is not a arcade rehash of a 2600 or 5200 titles. One of things

that attracted me to the 7800 was its assortment of late 80s arcade

games and early 80s titles.

Yes but this is PAL "Dark Chambers"... I'd rate it a 6 on the 1-10 scale. I only know 2 other people with a PAL copy... yeah it's common as anything NTSC wise!

I've got one! (MIB)

It took a bit of finding. I'm pretty sure it wasn't released in the UK, - I got mine off a guy in Denmark.

Cheers

Steve

also what would you pay for a sealed Mean 18 Golf?

I would pay $20-30 for a sealed Mean 18 especially if I was going to keep it sealed, if I wanted it to play I would pay less and I'm sure someone who needs it to fill out a collection may pay more.

i bet a lot of the reason 7800 games are rarity=1 are because they were sold by O'Shea's at some point. meltdown was very difficult to find before osheas made them available for $0.80. even though osheas ran out of meltdown, there are still plenty of them available from oshea re-sellers on ebay.

some games were never available from oshea, but could be found easily, such as choplifter and crossbow. alien brigade and summer games are two that are rarity=2 that are definitely harder to find than choplifter.

some rarity=3 like ninja golf and midnight mutants were available from oshea for a very short time, but were pretty hard to find anyway.

most of the atari-made rarity=4 seem to have never been available in much quantity at any time. video 61 had some of these for a while. mean 18, ikari, and commando have been hard to find (especially boxed) for the last ten years.

for some reason, water ski has been available on ebay consistently for the last two years. so it is definitely easier to find than commando. i bought a stash of 10 new water ski and about 6 new tank command a couple years back. i think i still have one tank command and at least 5 water ski. i also have a shrinkwrapped commando i've been saving for the right offer.

I think the 7800 rarity list here is out of date.  Try finding a Summer Games (2) on eBay or some online dealer.  Some of the rarity 4 games are easier to find than Ikari Warriors or Summer Games.  And I need Ikari Warriors too :)

I'm down to 8 games to complete my 7800 carts.

Ok i found one :D

Summer games

Anyone have a Rampage cart? :D

I just won this lot of manuals and there is a 7800 Rampage manual in it  

Manuals

I have a 7800 Rampage, so if you don't need the manual I'll be happy to take it off your hands. ;)

heh i bet you would :D

but im needing it incase i find one without a manual ;)

I have a 7800 Rampage, so if you don't need the manual I'll be happy to take it off your hands. ;)

heh i bet you would :D

but im needing it incase i find one without a manual ;)

Ahh I see, said the apprentice to the wise elder. I misunderstood the flow of game collecting direction. *humbly bows*

Now if it was an extra manual then i would be happy to part with it :)

but im collecting 7800 games with atleast manuals boxes arent that important

Now i need a 7800 Rampage cart

Fatal Run manual

Tank Command manual

to complete the things im missing :D

but it can be hard to get some of the rarer carts with manuals cheaply :)

so im breaking down and getting just the carts of the ones i have left to get just so i can get the damn games completed ;)

but it can be hard to get some of the rarer carts with manuals cheaply :)

so im breaking down and getting just the carts of the ones i have left to get just so i can get the damn games completed ;)

Can't say I blame you. I found it was much easier to buy a bulk lot of empty boxes and a box full of 7800 games and manuals with no boxes, then just combine the two wherever possible. I've managed to come up with 35+ boxed 7800 games that way for relatively little money. :D

Here's the 7800carts I need to complete my collection:

Tank Command

Mean 18

Ikari Warriors

Title Match Pro Wrestling

Pete Rose Baseball

Planet Smashers

MotorPsycho

Summer Games

Scrapyard Dog

Touchdown Football

Can anyone help me out? I have lots to trade listed in my link below--->

I have a spare TDFB of +sorts+ (I have a boxed one I don't use and an unboxed one I play) but the only problem is that your want list is the same as mine, sans Pete Rose Baseball, Summer Games, Tank Command and Scrapyard Dog; and plus Fatal Run and Basketbrawl.

• 2 weeks later...

also what would you pay for a sealed Mean 18 Golf?

I would pay $20-30 for a sealed Mean 18 especially if I was going to keep it sealed, if I wanted it to play I would pay less and I'm sure someone who needs it to fill out a collection may pay more.

Well now i have 2 of them both complete and one is sealed :D

$43 for the open one in a lot of 7 boxed 7800 games

So now i need

Rampage - cart only

Basketbrawl w/manual

Ikari Warriors w/manual

Tank Command w/manual

Tomcat F-14 sim - w/manual

Title Match Pro Wrestling w/manual

Fatal Run - manual only

Centipede - manual only