IGNORED

I search atari friends in the Netherlands.

marcokitt2000

I'll probably never visit retro-meetings where >80% isn't "Atari 8 bit".

Hey Mathy,

Somehow I have the feeling that A LOT of Atarians in The Netherlands think the same. That's why they stay home, and THAT'S WHY it will never a big part Atari on meetings.

When every atari lover comes to the nice meetings in Maarssen (Commodore/MSX/Atari) our (atari) share will increase a lot.

So next time... I hope you'll come, and help to get the Atari part 80% or even higher :D

Greetz

M.

I'm usually the only Dutchman at the Fujiama and NOMAM meetings. Maybe more Dutchmen should come, so that I'm not the only one.

Not everyone can get the necessary free days off.

And where were you at Intel Outside, Orneta, Atariada, Quast, Error-In-Line and the UnConventional parties? :-)

Hello Marius

I'm usually the only Dutchman at the Fujiama and NOMAM meetings. Maybe more Dutchmen should come, so that I'm not the only one. :D

Sincerely

Mathy

You turn the world upside down.

You state that you do not come to Meetings where Atari is less than 80%. I say: if every Atarian thinks that way, we'll never have an atari meeting anymore, and then you ask other people (from NL) to come to that meetings?

I'd say: enough atarians there already. Come to OTHER meetings, in The Netherlands!

Greetz

M.

Isn't the Netherlands only open on the weekend?

LOL, if I see the TV program "Airline" about EasyJet, it seems that the drunk Brits heading for Amsterdam, that are often "starring" in the program, indeed think The Netherlands is one big bar and coffee shop that is only open in the weekend :D

Isn't the Netherlands only open on the weekend?

LOL, if I see the TV program "Airline" about EasyJet, it seems that the drunk Brits heading for Amsterdam, that are often "starring" in the program, indeed think The Netherlands is one big bar and coffee shop that is only open in the weekend :D

I see you visit those particular 'coffee houses' in amsterdam robert.... that's where the majority of visiting british go.....since they couldn't get away with that stuff back home

As for mathy...I thought the dutch football (soccer) team played in an Orange strip(hence:orange men)

Hello Marius

Instead of two times three days of Atari fun, I should start talking about C64's and Spectrums and stuff like that....

I don't think so.

sincerely

Mathy

Well that is exact the reason why there are no atari days left in The Netherlands. People keep complaining about... yeah about what? Nothing I guess. I think it is the 'tone' that makes the music. When enough Atari enthusiastics meet each other -even when there are other computer brand lovers around- I think it could be a lot of fun.

Thelen, Mr. and Mrs. Atari and me, we were with FOUR atarians, between a zillion commodore lovers. We did NOT speak any word about Commodore or whatever other console there around. We spoke together about our Atari passion, and Mr. Atari showed us some VERY interesting MyIde debugging on my 800xl. It was 100% Atari fun. It could have been better when a few more Atarians would have been around.

I brought my Sio2USB (from Abbuc) and my home made Sio2IDE interface (built in a cigar box), and even the commodore freax looked very interested to it.

I still hope you will visit one of those cool Atari/commodore/MSX days in Maarssen. I also hope to see Fox-1 and the rest of the MNX crew there. Perhaps TXG could bring another Power Supply than the one he brought in 1995 to the BRAC meeting (wehehe). Unless I have some equipment to fry.

It's really not my goal to force you into something, or to be unkind... but I really think that just coming to a meeting like this, will extend the possibilities of organising such (Atari) events.

Mrs. Atari told me so true things there. She said: on "hyves" (it's just a dutch social site, like Facebook) we keep getting complaints from Atarians, that there is never a thing to do in the Netherlands. Well... then she (and Mr. Atari) do organise things... they invest time and energy in an Atari corner on a vintage computer day, and no one shows up. So all Atarians in the World -and especially Netherlands/Belgium/perhaps Germany- why not visit one of these days?

I'll be probably there too :D so you can HIT ME Mathy :D

Greetz

M

Well, years ago (I think 2001 or 2002) I was at the Maarssen C64-meeting. IIRC I was the only Atari-guy there. But, at the time I was focussed a lot at the C64s and what to do with my 10 SID chips. But, I was also talking about atari with some of the guys there: just relax, and get in an open-minded mood. Then you can exchange some thoughts about your favourite machine. So: no real need to ignore these meetings.

By the way, the Atari-specific meeting (XL, ST, etc) in Dordrecht (NL) was really cool. I visited in 2004, and a lot of people were there. From the Czech Republic, from Germany...

Well, years ago (I think 2001 or 2002) I was at the Maarssen C64-meeting. IIRC I was the only Atari-guy there. But, at the time I was focussed a lot at the C64s and what to do with my 10 SID chips. But, I was also talking about atari with some of the guys there: just relax, and get in an open-minded mood. Then you can exchange some thoughts about your favourite machine. So: no real need to ignore these meetings.

Ineed. Where Commodore and Atari did some serious catfight in the past, I think most of the visitors are on the same bandwith: the love for vintage 8bit/16bit systems. I did not feel any competition, it was just cool.

By the way, the Atari-specific meeting (XL, ST, etc) in Dordrecht (NL) was really cool. I visited in 2004, and a lot of people were there. From the Czech Republic, from Germany...

I was there too... Fox-1 told ME, that YOU and I did speak together?! Why does Fox-1 knows that, and I can not remember?

Hehe.

M.

(but it would be an extremely fast change as he surely didn't look like that pic 3 weeks ago :-)

Not if I take part in the "Omloop Het Volk". It was here in Gent / Belgium last saturday, and the guys on bicycles were riding on a very muddy route. So, at the end all participants were this colour ;)

Anyway, I did look very different in 2004, as now I carry 30% more fat :D ... I'm note sure if I have some old pictures of 2004 however.

Anyway, I did look very different in 2004, as now I carry 30% more fat :D ... I'm note sure if I have some old pictures of 2004 however.

I browsed my photo's but I don't think you're on it :-)

But, somewhere in between an ATW800 and a 1090 I found a pic of your monitor, playing something what looks very much like a Super Mario Bros. clone :-)

I see you visit those particular 'coffee houses' in amsterdam robert.... that's where the majority of visiting british go.....since they couldn't get away with that stuff back home

As for mathy...I thought the dutch football (soccer) team played in an Orange strip(hence:orange men)

Ha, ha, I'm in Amsterdam quite regularly, but I've never been using the stuff they sell in the "coffee shops". I don't smoke and I don't even like beer. Its better to spend your money on Atari stuff :D

I believe education and regulation is better than prohibiting soft drugs. And according to research it seems the number of drugs users is here lower than in many countries with strict drugs rules like the UK.

And yes, Dutch sport fans dress up in orange but that is unrelated to the coffee shops :P

But we don't call them orange men. But real orange men have a relation with The Netherlands because they commemorates the Dutch prince Willem van Oranje (William of Orange) because he defeated the English prince James II at the battle of the Boyne in Ireland.

I was there too... Fox-1 told ME, that YOU and I did speak together?! Why does Fox-1 knows that, and I can not remember?

Wow, I was there too but I can't remember seeing you guys. Maybe I saw you guys but I don't know how you look like. But I was the one with an Atari computer :D

I saw the Commodore Gebruikers Groep is organising a Retro day at the 16th of April for all retro computers. I will see if I can go there. It would be fun to see all those other retro computers as well since those other system are "cousins" to our beloved Atari.

Robert

Edited by rdemming

Wow, I was there too but I can't remember seeing you guys. Maybe I saw you guys but I don't know how you look like. But I was the one with an Atari computer :D

I was there twice. Once I brought a Casio MIDI keyboard with me, and connected that to my 800XE. Next time I sat next to Fox-1 who brought his blackbox, and killed his harddisk. That was a rather strange experience, since this particular harddisk did not come from TXG. TXG harddisk do crash! Others don't... at least, that was what I thought TILL THEN.

I saw the Commodore Gebruikers Groep is organising a Retro day at the 16th of April for all retro computers. I will see if I can go there. It would be fun to see all those other retro computers as well since those other system are "cousins" to our beloved Atari.

I'm thinking of being there. It's this time a real game console day (from "pong" to "playstation") I might bring my XEGS with me.

I'll let you know!

Greetz

M.

p.s. the day in Dordrecht that Fox-1 harddisk died, On my other side there were two fellow VERY enthusiastic about their 7800 Cuttle Cart. It was indeed a very cool thing.

I was there twice. Once I brought a Casio MIDI keyboard with me, and connected that to my 800XE. Next time I sat next to Fox-1 who brought his blackbox, and killed his harddisk. That was a rather strange experience, since this particular harddisk did not come from TXG. TXG harddisk do crash! Others don't... at least, that was what I thought TILL THEN.

p.s. the day in Dordrecht that Fox-1 harddisk died, On my other side there were two fellow VERY enthusiastic about their 7800 Cuttle Cart. It was indeed a very cool thing.

Hi Marius,

Those two fellows must have been me and my brother. As far as I know, I'm the only one with a 7800 Cuttle Card in The Netherlands :D I believe we were called the "game boys" ;) So probably we spoke with each other back then.

I was in Dordrecht both times. I got to know Fox-1 and TXG and later we visited each other homes to play networked games on the Lynx and Jaguar. And we went together to JagFest UK many years ago via the Chunnel car-train.

The last time in Dordrecht, someone had a pile of 7800 systems but some didn't work. I got one of the non-working 7800 for free. When I opened it, it turned out to be a loose contact so it was an easy fix. So I got a spare 7800.

@fox-1: Do you still have that very special car?

Robert

P.S. If I can go there I will bring the 7800 with CuttleCart :P

Edited by rdemming

I was in Dordrecht both times. I got to know Fox-1 and TXG and later we visited each other homes to play networked games on the Lynx and Jaguar.

"Both" times? There were at least 3 meetings in Dordrecht. I was there in 2003, 2004 and 2005. When looking at the pics you, your brother and Marius were there in 2004 and 2005 but not in 2003. I noticed Sijmen was there all 3 times.

@fox-1: Do you still have that very special car?

I'm trying to remember what one that could be. Was it the Mazda Atari Van, the "KLF" Ford, or the Cadillac Hearse? Of these 3 I only have the Hearse, standing very rusty at my driveway.

"Both" times? There were at least 3 meetings in Dordrecht. I was there in 2003, 2004 and 2005. When looking at the pics you, your brother and Marius were there in 2004 and 2005 but not in 2003. I noticed Sijmen was there all 3 times.

Hmmm, I remember one time it was held in the music room of the school and the hallway. The other time it was in the sports hall of the school. I think I was there all three times then since the one in the music room was in 2003 isn't it?

I'm trying to remember what one that could be. Was it the Mazda Atari Van, the "KLF" Ford, or the Cadillac Hearse? Of these 3 I only have the Hearse, standing very rusty at my driveway.

The Cadillac Hearse is the one. Great for going to events like this because it had so much space in the back. I was amazed to see the Hearse had a "second life" as Atari transportation vehicle :D

Robert

Edited by rdemming

Hmmm, I remember one time it was held in the music room of the school and the hallway.

That's indeed the one held in 2003. They didn't expect that much people so the Jaguars occupied the whole hallway.

The Cadillac Hearse is the one. Great for going to events like this because it had so much space in the back. I was amazed to see the Hearse had a "second life" as Atari transportation vehicle

It was meant as a replacement for my Van. Indeed plenty of space but with an oil crisis in sight an 8.2 liter V8 is less desirable :-) Right now it's not my daily driver anymore. For the time being an old Talbot Horizon will do too.

• 1 month later...

Hi all Dutchies,

Just a small reminder. Next Saturday (16 April 2011) the Commodore Gebruikers Groep is organising a meeting for all retro computer fans. Besides Commodores and MSXes there will be also Ataris and many other retro systems. The door is open from 10:00 to 17:00 and entrance is free.

The address is:

Trefpunt

Kerkweg 21

Maarssen

The Netherlands

I will be there and I hope to see/meet some other Atari(Age) fans there as well.

Robert

Edited by rdemming

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I know, it barely fits the topic of this thread...

Looking through Atarimaria site I've found Thinx game, and the message of its author (Erik Stok). The author apparently wanted to publish his game, but due to weird protection, he didn't manage it till now. Does anyone have contact with this guy, or at least ATR file with full version of Thinx (even dump of protected one, there are still the guys able to crack programs).

Thanks

miker