IGNORED

How did I win this soo cheaply?

greencoman

Not long after I posted the topic on the collectibility of pirated games, I have another topic. I was watching this game, return fire on the ps1 one of the ps1's overlooked gems, It has an awesome musical soundtrack all classical music. Well the unthinkable happened I bid on it expecting it to go for more and it sold for 99 cents. I bid on it like 2 days ago so people had time to win it. I am even debating on not paying because I would assume I will get, oh I broke it here is your refund have a great day. I will pay for it though just because its the right thing to do. Oppinions please, stories.....

• Like 1

Not long after I posted the topic on the collectibility of pirated games, I have another topic. I was watching this game, return fire on the ps1 one of the ps1's overlooked gems, It has an awesome musical soundtrack all classical music. Well the unthinkable happened I bid on it expecting it to go for more and it sold for 99 cents. I bid on it like 2 days ago so people had time to win it. I am even debating on not paying because I would assume I will get, oh I broke it here is your refund have a great day. I will pay for it though just because its the right thing to do. Oppinions please, stories.....

I have won a few amazing things over the years for a buck and the seller in each case did not honour the transaction :(

Also, if you do not receive the item, eBay is fairly generous with buyers. You will likely get your money back AND give a big fat neg.

Some would argue it's slanted WAY too far in favor of the buyer.... :ponder:

One reason I mostly use Amazon to buy/sell. Not that they don't lean toward the buyer also (they do) but the few problems I've had there I've been able to clear up with a e-mail or phone call. Not at all like the time I was ripped on EBay for a few hundred. :x

Also, if you do not receive the item, eBay is fairly generous with buyers. You will likely get your money back AND give a big fat neg.

They do have a preference for a buyer. I filed a claim against a guy for a misleading description (item listed as a lot even though it wasn't) and ebay reviewed the claim and ruled in my favor within an hour. I got my money back promptly. I gotta say I was rather surprised that even though they are as large as they are, they are still efficient enough to sort out issues in a timely manner.

I'd say pay up and prepare for it to be refunded icon_rolleyes.gif

True guys thanks for your replies i love hearing stories from other collectors. Truthfully I never intended on not paying i was just debating on paying and getting a story about why I should be content with my refund. I would like to know what happened with dino and why soulblazer gotted ripped off. I paid by the way of course I havent recieved any messges yet. I have got good deals on ebay but none like this before. I was shocked when I saw there was five minutes left and no bidders. I just watched thinking it would go up any second now and it didnt. You guys tell me more. I just got a jaguar in which the box it came in was used to ship it in, the jaguar box itself was slapped a sticker on and shipped that way. The seller didnt seem to figure out that some people wouldnt like that.

I got an amazing deal on some promotional posters once.... Not quite what 2 poseters, but it was an amazing deal anyway.... Mario cart Double Dash, and something else I can't remember for $0.25 shipped If I remember correctly...

One of them was supposed to be brand new in the original packaging the store would have received it in... when I got it it was repacked, probably to save on shipping... I actually didn't mind that too much, what I did mind is that he must not have transfered all the goodies with the poster, since the poster came with mounting instructions that said to use the included suction cups to hang the poster, and I didn't get suction cups..... :( I asked about them, he said he'd send another poster (not sure why but that made me happy).... Then he didn't send the 3rd poster or the suction cups, I waited till about a few days before I ran out of time to report it to ebay, after putting me off for weeks, he suddenly responded, he was an ass, but he responded.... Got my Quarter Back....

This was when sellers could leave negs, so I just didn't leave feedback.... Truth be told if he had just said he couldn't find the suction cups, or that he didn't have them to begin with, or they were lost, it would have been fine.... But the whole "Oh, let me make it up to you.... By lying to you and ignoring you" thing was just lame....

Chris

Edited by caver

• 2 weeks later...

I always do free shipping with my Ebay items. I have sold things before that I started low assuming they would go higher but they didn't and shipping + fee's ended up costing more than I sold it for. You win some you lose some but thats the way it goes. I remember I sold a Micheal Jackson DVD set right after he died thinking it would sell for some $$$, well it ended with one bid at $3 with free shipping. In an effort to save any money I could I shipped it media mail (which it does qualify for) I lost a few bucks, it took 9 days to get to his house and he admittedly left me a zero on shipping time and left SLOW SHIPPING! for his comment, what a prick :roll: Luckily I had perfect 5 star feedback or that could have temporarely closed my account.

I have found that for small items first class shipping is cheaper than media mail and gets there much faster.

Oh yeah, first class shipping is the bee's-knee's for small stuff. Media works good for bigger stuff but it's very slow. The packages seem to really take a beating for whatever reason also.

This is true I should have emailed him and I will. I usually email a seller when he/she packs everything nicely or sends quickly and packs nicely or just when I am happy with my purchase because I feel that a personal thank you helps and it does. Alot of people appreciate it. After all I expect what I paid for in the condition it is described in. I have had a few sellers that would send me stuff that didnt work controllers ect. I would contact them to see if we could work it out most of the time we could. Not everybody was that easy to work with. Some were even happy I contacted them first before leaving negative feedback. I could see why people do though I mean your description says working and it doesnt so this means your a liar in the sense as a false description. You should have tested everything out first. Well anyway one more thing I didnt know that five star system had that much of an impact on people. As a rule of thumb I leave five stars if everything is ok i.e. game works ect. I am not a picky person I just wanna know stuff works fine. I will email him thanking him again. Thanks again guys for your comments and posts. Its neat hearing from others who enjoy the hobby.