IGNORED

Delivery Confirmation Arguments

the.golden.ax

I realize that it's probably a hassle for you, but it's worth it, especially if you're shipping high-value items, to take them to a PO that can do an acceptance scan. Misunderstandings like this are almost a certainty otherwise. And without an acceptance scan, you have no evidence that you actually sent the item should you be dragged into a Paypal dispute. You can add all caveats and qualifications you like to your auctions, but unfortunately, it's not going to change people's expectations with regards to DC=Tracking. The fact of the matter is that if you don't take steps to ensure that your packages receive acceptance scans, you can expect to find yourself in this situation again.

Tried this when we first moved here, but it isn't practical. The closest REAL post office is 1:01 each direction, same for Fedex. Even when I was in Nashville, it wasn't much better. Priority is 2 - 6 days, not 2 - 3 like in the old days, and D/C is hit or miss as tracking. It's simply provided as a bonus. Not really a feature. People have to grow up and realize that if they want instant they need to go to walmart. It's sad when a Nintendo game from 1985 can't be patiently waited on four more days... it's been out for 26 years. Ah, instant gratification.

AX

• Like 1

Sometimes they leave packages outside by your door. I don't know if it's up to them - if the house sits a long way off the road in a good neighborhood, etc??? What's the criteria?

However, when they do that, they always scan the delivery confirmation - so if someone steals it and you never see it, it's still delivery-confirmed.

Also, sometimes the mailman scans everything at the post office NOT when it is delivered. So it'll say the option "arrived at post office" 8:20AM and then "delivered" 8:22AM and then I don't see it until 12:30pm or 1:00pm, etc.

If you want your packages left in a certain place just let your carrier know. The criteria is- if a carrier thinks its in a safe place its fine. But people who get a lot of parcels usually let the carrier know where to leave it. The reason your package showed "delivered" at 8:30 is because either the carrier or a clerk scanned it as delivered in the office. That is not supposed to happen.

• Like 1

i'm in charge of shipping for my company and we got a complaint today about a non received package - customer was provided with a USPS delivery confirmation number and he was mad at me because he didn't know how to use the number.

so i checked it for him and shows package delivered.

turns out it's been in his mailbox for the past 2 days, so customer says 'oh, well I never check that mailbox.' and hangs up.

:-o Our society it doomed.

Sometimes they leave packages outside by your door. I don't know if it's up to them - if the house sits a long way off the road in a good neighborhood, etc??? What's the criteria?

However, when they do that, they always scan the delivery confirmation - so if someone steals it and you never see it, it's still delivery-confirmed.

Also, sometimes the mailman scans everything at the post office NOT when it is delivered. So it'll say the option "arrived at post office" 8:20AM and then "delivered" 8:22AM and then I don't see it until 12:30pm or 1:00pm, etc.

That sounds like something similar to a package I mailed to an AA'er recently. The package was marked as delivered in the tracking but it wasn't actually delivered. It was a wintry day and there were no footprints to his house so how the flying . . . . did it get "delivered"? :x

I don't know what the heck is going on. I'm waiting on a package from the US thats been well over 2 weeks now and the latest tracking only says it was in Phoenix on the 23rd. So where is it? :?

• 3 weeks later...

This thread title sounds like it's a self-help book for Catholic parents. "Delivery, Confirmation, Arguments: Surviving the Three Stages of Childrearing With Your Faith (and Family) Intact."

:rolling:

This is all very important in this time of lent, where you never get anything back.

AX

And you have to wait, and wait, and wait . . . :D