IGNORED

High Score Club 9.03 - Mario Bros

Ze_ro

Rep point Scrabbler... nice read :thumbsup:

With that, Scrab.

Your score of 10,290 hasn't been ranked in the final score total for Dragonfire score was last Sat. Should be ranked in the 13th spot, not 25th.

Zero can fix this I'm sure.

Scrabbler15

Thanks for the catch on the score. :thumbsup: I hadn't even noticed it.

Welcome, I tend to check up on the ol' Centipede champ, see what score he's cranking in. :cool:

I remember season 7, when you and oyama arrived. I was swapping scores leads with you two there. I knew when I saw Scrabbler late in season 7, I'd always get the same score range, either some better or less.

I enjoy to look at the rankings, and find it fun to figure out which games certain players did their best at.

Now, the scores are VERY competitive...and also many people around. There's no room for slacking with so many playing the 2600 HSC. Points are hard to come by!

There's some great gamers like roadrunner and miss 2600, with (2) points. Even when their scores were pretty decent, some of the other gamers have stepped it up! Like Vocelli, Pis, Frostbite, Oyama, and always dangerous Mailman.

I pushed myself passed my passing limit on Millipede and even Dragonfire.

Hard to keep in the top 5 standing, but that is my goal early on.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Now, the scores are VERY competitive...and also many people around. There's no room for slacking with so many playing the 2600 HSC. Points are hard to come by!

I can't agree with this statement more. I remember back to season 5, when I came away with the "crown." Then, Toymailman came along and put me in my place. Then came Scrabbler, JacobZu7zu7, and the notorious Oyama...the list goes on and on.

I haven't had more fun with my Atari than I have when playing in the HSC. I can't wait to get home because I've got some scores to catch up to...or at least try to catch up to. ;)

Just thinking.

This is just an idea to bounce off everyone. By no means am I stepping on toes here.

Why not institute a playoff system?

Top 8 players make the playoffs and during the last 3 weeks they fight it out Head-to head via bracket style.

Week one: 1 rank vs 8 rank, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5. Ze_ro picks the game.

Winners move to playoff Week 2 with four players going head-to head (two match-ups) with scores on a different game. Both winners move to week 3.

Week 3 would be the "Atari Final" or whatever you want to call it. Think of a clever name.

The last two standing players go head to head on another game. We crown our champ.

Positive and negitives?

Positives: Keeps everyone involved until the playoffs.

I would love the chance to take out some of you during playoff weeks.

Negitives: If you get eliminated. No competition until we start a new season.

Just an idea.

I don't want to change if nobody else wants to.

Edited by Vocelli

I can't agree with this statement more. I remember back to season 5, when I came away with the "crown." Then, Toymailman came along and put me in my place. Then came Scrabbler, JacobZu7zu7, and the notorious Oyama...the list goes on and on.

I haven't had more fun with my Atari than I have when playing in the HSC. I can't wait to get home because I've got some scores to catch up to...or at least try to catch up to. ;)

Ah, yeah I remember you posted some monster scores... missing games is your only real weakness.

I actually was around in this 2600 HSC at seasons 3 or 4. I didn't play "consistently".

One reason, was I moved 1,000 miles from my hometown 4 years ago, and took two years off Atari playing and was just outdoors and working a lot. I unpacked the Atari console around 2008, missed most of season 7 for no real reason, and really decided to focus on season 8 and get competitive with it.

I regret taking a long time and not being consistent, because Season 6's game list looked great. :?

Here's an old scoreboard, nearing... the end of Season 4 game DODGE 'EM.

Current High Scores

1* 1080 (Goochman) [+11]

1080 (johnnywc) [+11]

1080 (Shannon) [+11]

1080 (SpiceWare) [+11]

1080 (Rom Hunter) [+11]

1080 (Crazy Climber) [+11]

1080 (Zoyx) [+11]

1080 (JacobZu7zu7) [+11]

1080 (Deteacher) [+11]

2* 342 (LarcenTyler) [+10]

3* 266 (scogey) [+9]

4* 265 (ewing92) [+8]

5* 255 (Recycled) [+7]

6* 238 (MickG) [+6]

7* 217 (Mindcircus) [+5]

8* 187 (madbutscher) [+4]

9* 183 (vdub_bobby) [+3]

10* 176 (jonfin826) [+2]

11* 80 (Nathan Strum) [+1]

Current Standings

1* Rom Hunter [433]

2* SpiceWare [307]

3* Deteacher [258]

4* keilbaca [175]

5* LarcenTyler [153]

6* vdub_bobby [148]

7* rheffera [119]

8* the 5th ghost [87]

9* scogey [81]

10* Nathan Strum [80]

11* BrianC [78]

12* Goochman [76]

13* Cybergoth [73]

14* shadow460 [72]

15* shawnb [71]

16* Christophero Sly [70]

17* atari2600land [70]

18* JacobZu7zu7 [69]

19* Malc74 [63]

20* Recycled [39]

21* Zoyx [38]

22* theKLT [37]

23* SeaGtGruff [36]

24* 128bytes [34]

25* johnnywc [32]

I highlighted people who are active in the last 2 games here in HSC. Includin' myself ;)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Just thinking.

This is just an idea to bounce off everyone. By no means am I stepping on toes here.

Why not institute a playoff system?

Top 8 players make the playoffs and during the last 3 weeks they fight it out Head-to head via bracket style.

Week one: 1 rank vs 8 rank, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5. Ze_ro picks the game.

Winners move to playoff Week 2 with four players going head-to head (two match-ups) with scores on a different game. Both winners move to week 3.

Week 3 would be the "Atari Final" or whatever you want to call it. Think of a clever name.

The last two standing players go head to head on another game. We crown our champ.

Positive and negitives?

Positives: Keeps everyone involved until the playoffs.

I would love the chance to take out some of you during playoff weeks.

Negitives: If you get eliminated. No competition until we start a new season.

Just an idea.

I don't want to change if nobody else wants to.

PLAYOFFS!!!???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8

• Like 1