IGNORED

The beginning of my Atari 2600 Collecting!

Dreammary

IMG00071.jpg

IMG00072.jpg

I bought a 4-switch Atari 2600 with:

Atari Kid's Controller (Blue) with Big Bird's Egg Catch control overlay

Wico Command Control Stick

Atari Paddle Controllers

Games:

Adventures of Tron

Berzerk w/ Manual

Big Birds Egg Catch w/ Manual

Breakout w/ Manual

Centipede w/ Manual

Combat w/ Manual

Donkey Kong w/ Manual

Haunted House

Kaboom! w/ Manual

Missile Command w/ Manual

Pac-Man w/ Manual

Pitfall! w/ Manual

Pole Position

River Raid

Super Breakout

Space Invaders w/ Manual

Venture

Video Pinball w/ Manual

And a nifty case with lid to hold everything.

All for $80 via a Craigslist ad.

• Like 2

I bought a 4-switch Atari 2600 with:

Atari Kid's Controller (Blue) with Big Bird's Egg Catch control overlay

Wico Command Control Stick

Atari Paddle Controllers

Games:

Adventures of Tron

Berzerk w/ Manual

Big Birds Egg Catch w/ Manual

Breakout w/ Manual

Centipede w/ Manual

Combat w/ Manual

Donkey Kong w/ Manual

Haunted House

Kaboom! w/ Manual

Missile Command w/ Manual

Pac-Man w/ Manual

Pitfall! w/ Manual

Pole Position

River Raid

Super Breakout

Space Invaders w/ Manual

Venture

Video Pinball w/ Manual

And a nifty case with lid to hold everything.

All for $80 via a Craigslist ad.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Atari collecting!!! Now just prepare yourself for all the hours of endless gaming fun (and an empty wallet ...it can be a bit addictive)!!!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, Do you know if I got an alright deal on the collection?

@Itchy KoalaAlso - Sure, show me what games you have for sale.

Sounds fair to me, as long as it all is in good condition.

@bennybingo - Well everything in the lot is in pretty great condition, so I guess I did well.

To purchase each of those individually, in good condition, would have cost you a lot more. The best part about when you first start out, is that you can pick up cool package deals like that. You get a bunch of stuff you need for a fair price.

As time goes on, if you continue to buy "packages" like the one you just got, you will end up with lots of duplicate common carts, controllers and systems. This is not a bad thing, as you can sell or trade them here or thru eBay.

I hope you enjoy the games and feel free to drop me a message if you ever have any questions!

Mainly common games, but most are all good and fun ones. Plus if the case and lid are intact, that is a nice bonus. The price seems good, especially when you could meet in person to see condition before paying. Over all, a great start. If you really want to collect, cheap lots with some less common carts are a good way to get started. If you only want to play, check out the Harmony cart!

Mainly common games, but most are all good and fun ones. Plus if the case and lid are intact, that is a nice bonus. The price seems good, especially when you could meet in person to see condition before paying. Over all, a great start. If you really want to collect, cheap lots with some less common carts are a good way to get started. If you only want to play, check out the Harmony cart!

The case was the deal winner for me actually because it meant I could leave all the stuff safe when it wasnt in use are without dust.

The guy told me he had it all his life but he was wanting to sell it to help buy a XBox 360... I guess new kills old to some people.

Welcome! The tribe agrees to accept you heartily rather than.. well let's not speak of plan B

Adventures of tron and big bird's egg catch are your most htf I think

Plus that's a wico command control there, one of your better sticks.

just curious, is your adv. of tron black straight letters on white label or blue on black?

Good start. :)

Lots of good games there, I personally really like Adventures of TRON. I think its too boring at the first levels though, kick the difficulty switch to A when you first play it. Its a lot more fun and fast paced that way.

Welcome to the Atari 2600 collecting, depending on how heavy you want to get into it, you'll have 300 games before you know it. :)

$80, seems like a high price for that lot. One reason I say this is,

In around 2006?

I sold a perfectly working 2600 vader console for $50, buy it now. Shipping was $8. 5 years ago. It had (eight) less games and no manuals, but original joysticks and paddles. Also the console was in very clean nice shape.

I was told by several people that I was a rip off seller with that price and I was some piece of work. I think I was sworn at... *gringe*

Well it sold in 2 days...

(a sucker born everyday) someone wrote after seeing it sold. My feedback from that girl wrote it works and looks like new! (best seller ever!!!)

How times change...

The forum since has been more forgiving or positive. (Or maybe some nicer people around) Although one or two people stuck up for me back then, and said well it sold... more power to me.

Now you can see a crappy system on eBay untested with an asking price of $200 dollars.

I was only overcharging, maybe ten bucks. At least it was in perfect working condition.

Anyhow...enuff about that.

In all honesty Dreammary you got a fair deal, not great but not bad either. You have a nice container (holder) to keep dust out. That is a good rarity.

Enjoy the world of Atari Dreammary. :thumbsup:

PS,

Is this your first ever Atari 2600/VCS?

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Good start. :)

Lots of good games there, I personally really like Adventures of TRON. I think its too boring at the first levels though, kick the difficulty switch to A when you first play it. Its a lot more fun and fast paced that way.

I luv Adventures of Tron... probably in my top 20 favorites on Atari 2600. Like how you have to use strategy to get passed the recognizers and tanks. The speed really kicks in and you have to think fast... it plays smooth and flicker free. Underrated game !

Yes its my first Atari; so I jumped the gun a bit when I saw the ad.

With all honesty, I had never seen an Atari at a pawn shop or anywhere else in my area; so I had no base to value it from. I actually got the idea to buy one from an episode of "Pawn Stars."

Edited by Dreammary