IGNORED

Atari 8Bit BBS Online

DocRotCod

I turned off incoming connections in Bobterm but that seems to have made no difference. I even tried using the Microsoft telnet client. Please see the pic below. TCPView shows that Telnet has "ESTABLISHED" a connection to the remote port 9000, and the process that immediately precedes it (which I assume is Altirra) shows a connection "ESTABLISHED" on local port 9000. Altirra still shows "waiting for connection on port 9000." TCPView shows no other process identified as "Altirra." I also show Altirra's serial settings to uncheck outbound connections. I tried checking the box for "accept IPV6 connections" and also tried unchecking it. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

post-13558-0-68484400-1302236411_thumb.jpg

It worked for me earlier this morning...

1) check the "Allow Outbound connections"

2) do not check the IPV6 option

3) uncheck the Require DTE option

4) set BobTerm to Ascii, 1200 baud

5) Press return to enter terminal mode

6) type ATDI bfbbs.no-ip.com 23 and hit return, it should now work for you too :)

Jay

Jay

I think you might be on to something here.

If you're in ASCII mode you can hit <Enter> to send commands to the modem.

If you want to connect in ATASCII mode, you must use <ctrl>-M instead of <enter>.

I didn't even think of that. and an OLD BBS geezer like me should remember that.

Example: in the 80's/90's I knew every hayes command by heart - now I can hardly remember any of them.

Jay

I think you might be on to something here.

If you're in ASCII mode you can hit <Enter> to send commands to the modem.

If you want to connect in ATASCII mode, you must use <ctrl>-M instead of <enter>.

I didn't even think of that. and an OLD BBS geezer like me should remember that.

Example: in the 80's/90's I knew every hayes command by heart - now I can hardly remember any of them.

I really appreciate everyone's help. The problem does not seem to be on the outbound instance of Altirra. The outbound connects. I think it is on the inbound. I tried turning off "Require DTE baud rate to match" and I tried to telnet to ALtirra. I am using the same computer to run telnet and to run ALtirra. Still does not work. :(

Took another look at the TCPView output and compared it to what I am seeing on Windows 7 x64, and what you are seeing is definitely NOT normal. You should be seeing Altirra on the other end of the port 9000 connection, and furthermore, you have an IPv6 connection, while Altirra is configured only to accept IPv4 connections. In that mode telnet.exe should show a TCP connection to 127.0.0.1 or localhost instead of a TCPV6 connection to [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] (IPv6 localhost). Any chance you've got an unusual firewall involved, or something else that might be occupying port 9000?

Took another look at the TCPView output and compared it to what I am seeing on Windows 7 x64, and what you are seeing is definitely NOT normal. You should be seeing Altirra on the other end of the port 9000 connection, and furthermore, you have an IPv6 connection, while Altirra is configured only to accept IPv4 connections. In that mode telnet.exe should show a TCP connection to 127.0.0.1 or localhost instead of a TCPV6 connection to [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] (IPv6 localhost). Any chance you've got an unusual firewall involved, or something else that might be occupying port 9000?

Thanks phaeron for trying to help me. I am using Vista Home Premium, and the only firewall is in the router provided by my telepone/tv/internet provider (Verizon) and (not that I know that much about intenet protocols), I would figure I am already behind the firewall, and anyway, I have set the router to DMZ to my computer. I have windows firewall turned off and I have all antivirus disabled. Do I need to exit Altirra and go back into it after I make changes to the serial settings? I have been doing that, so maybe the changes have not been taking effect?

Problem solved! Although I don't understand why. I put a check in "Enable extended baud rate support" and suddenly ALtirra showed up in TCPViews, and the protocol is TCP (not TCPV6). I can connect with microsoft telnet. The weird thing is that the check mark does not stay in the box. When I go back into serial settings, the check mark is gone. Anyway, it works, and I can host my old BBS.

bfbbs.no-ip.com

And how it the Boot Factory BBS doing tonight as well?

Why not CONNECT and find out...

Was able to get on through direct telnet, but I had tried direct telnet before and had no luck. Glad that worked tonight.

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know my 8bit BBS is back online running on real Atari 8-bit equipment.

The Electric Cafe'

thecafe.dtdns.net (telnet)

Thanks!

Able to get on tonight.