IGNORED

GBA Developer Crawfish is dead...

Cybergoth

Hi there!

According to my sources, Crawfish is out of business.

This'd be really bad day for all GBA owners, since Crawfish were the guys behind the Cinemaware & Bitmap Brothers GBA remakes and other cool stuff like "Ecks vs. Sever" and "Street Fighter 3 Alpha".... :sad:

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi Moycon!

I traced the info from two German GBA pages back to:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/

Here's the complete note:

"Crawfish closes its doors

Rob Fahey 17:58 15/11/2002

Leading UK GBA developer shuts down, laying off all its staff

Crawfish, one of the UK's most prolific developers of Game Boy Advance titles, has closed down, with all of the studios staff being made redundant earlier this week. The reason for the closure has not yet emerged, although it has been widely rumoured that certain financial obligations were not met by one of the publishers the studio did work for.

A note of hope has been sounded, however, by suggestions that some of the work in progress at the developer - best known for titles including Ecks Vs Sever, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Speedball 2 on the GBA - may yet be continued. An official statement from Crawfish is expected early next week."

Greetings,

Manuel

I think I remember reading a post on Minter's Llamasoft forums from a former Crawfish employee that the company went under because BAM Entertainment did not pay for development work Crawfish provided. It was a lot of money and Crawfish's closing caught the game coders completely by surprise.

It's sad.